TiffanyThinks #4 TiffanyDrinks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't wrap my head around her not reading her PET results. How could you sit knowing they are there?

Reactions: 19
I can't wrap my head around her not reading her PET results. How could you sit knowing they are there?
It's absolutely baffling to me that she wouldn't read her results or that her family and partner wouldn't encourage her to. She hasn't given an update on the psychological therapy she said she was on the waiting list for, I do hope that she hasn't just refused therapy. I do think it would be extremely difficult for her at the start as the therapist would likely want her to come to terms with her diagnosis, which I don't think she has.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It's absolutely baffling to me that she wouldn't read her results or that her family and partner wouldn't encourage her to. She hasn't given an update on the psychological therapy she said she was on the waiting list for, I do hope that she hasn't just refused therapy. I do think it would be extremely difficult for her at the start as the therapist would likely want her to come to terms with her diagnosis, which I don't think she has.
I can actually understand. I am like that, too, with certain things and know other people that are like that: it is a kind of dread/fear of your own emotions in case you learn something that negatively impacts you life.
For example, I felt anxious checking my shares and avoided it for days as I knew that there would be losses and I would rather not be confronted with them.

It is irrational and not logical and a sign of weakness, but I do understand why she acts this way.

Depending on how dominant she is within her family structure and how strong her defences are both Amma and Matt might not get her to do something she does not want to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I can actually understand. I am like that, too, with certain things and know other people that are like that: it is a kind of dread/fear of your own emotions in case you learn something that negatively impacts you life.
For example, I felt anxious checking my shares and avoided it for days as I knew that there would be losses and I would rather not be confronted with them.

It is irrational and not logical and a sign of weakness, but I do understand why she acts this way.

Depending on how dominant she is within her family structure and how strong her defences are both Amma and Matt might not get her to do something she does not want to do.
I get it because I have terrible health anxiety myself however, this is literally her life on the line. What's in that letter has a real role in dictating whether she lives or dies, it's not the same as taxes. Even if she can't do it herself, I can't fathom how her family don't step in.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Oh I can understand the psychological issue behind why she might not want to look at her results, hence me mentioning the therapy she is apparently on the waiting list for. But when it comes to cancer, I would hope her family and partner would be a little more firm with her. If she has extreme anxiety regarding results etc, it seems a little stupid on her part to share it with the world via youtube vlogs.

• Heart
I get it because I have terrible health anxiety myself however, this is literally her life on the line. What's in that letter has a real role in dictating whether she lives or dies, it's not the same as taxes. Even if she can't do it herself, I can't fathom how her family don't step in.
The more is at stake the bigger the anxiety and fear.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh I can understand the psychological issue behind why she might not want to look at her results, hence me mentioning the therapy she is apparently on the waiting list for. But when it comes to cancer, I would hope her family and partner would be a little more firm with her. If she has extreme anxiety regarding results etc, it seems a little stupid on her part to share it with the world via youtube vlogs.
Yes, therapy would help and for sure her family members could look at things for her.

I do think that the YT channel is putting additional pressure on her to share things, but it also provides some distraction. Hence the yoghurt-content.

She was different in the first few videos, when she talked about the concern about her lung etc. She took the calls, shared them and cried.

Her behaviour has changed, I could imagine that she is a bit burnt-out and overwhelmed by having to deal with it for so long and the constant worry.

• Heart
Yes, therapy would help and for sure her family members could look at things for her.

I do think that the YT channel is putting additional pressure on her to share things, but it also provides some distraction. Hence the yoghurt-content.

She was different in the first few videos, when she talked about the concern about her lung etc. She took the calls, shared them and cried.

Her behaviour has changed, I could imagine that she is a bit burnt-out and overwhelmed by having to deal with it for so long and the constant worry.
I speculate that she was different in the first few videos because at that point she didn't know the extent of her cancer and what the treatment would truly entail.

I have sympathy for her health anxiety however it's not a case of putting off a routine check-up, her life is at stake. I do hope she accepts therapy as I think it would really benefit her.

Although in regards to her youtube, I don't have any sympathy regarding burnout, she can stop sharing content at any time. The recent change in her content, the confusion and subsequent comments questioning her misinformation and dislikes to her videos is probably getting to her. She could easily put up a video saying that she is going to keep her cancer journey private from now as it's a lot for her to deal with and just go to vlogging distractions such as eating yoghurt, her loyal tiffanythinks family will still watch those videos. But I guess she couldn't clickbait cancer in every title then.

• Heart
I speculate that she was different in the first few videos because at that point she didn't know the extent of her cancer and what the treatment would truly entail.

I have sympathy for her health anxiety however it's not a case of putting off a routine check-up, her life is at stake. I do hope she accepts therapy as I think it would really benefit her.

Although in regards to her youtube, I don't have any sympathy regarding burnout, she can stop sharing content at any time. The recent change in her content, the confusion and subsequent comments questioning her misinformation and dislikes to her videos is probably getting to her. She could easily put up a video saying that she is going to keep her cancer journey private from now as it's a lot for her to deal with and just go to vlogging distractions such as eating yoghurt, her loyal tiffanythinks family will still watch those videos. But I guess she couldn't clickbait cancer in every title then.
She initially thought they found something in her lungs as well, so it was worse initially, until she was told that this was a misdiagnosis.

I agree that she could stop her channel or change her content, and yes, she is probably conflicted between getting the clicks and the money or having less pressure and stress by sticking to more mundane superficial content.

I have health anxiety but it's twinned with needing to know stuff so that I'm armed with the right knowledge. I can dread a letter appearing on the doormat and say to myself 'don't open it, don't open it' but also be simultaneously ripping it open with one eye shut, holding it at arm's length.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She initially thought they found something in her lungs as well, so it was worse initially, until she was told that this was a misdiagnosis.

I agree that she could stop her channel or change her content, and yes, she is probably conflicted between getting the clicks and the money or having less pressure and stress by sticking to more mundane superficial content.
I don't really think they're strapped for cash though, considering the gifts Matt has bought her that she has shown on her vlogs. I think it's the attention that Tiffany craves and now, the blind support from her cult-like following. She wants to be reassured she's doing the right thing, hence how the switch from asking for opinions from her following to just asking for support happened.

• Heart
We don‘t know how many nights she has stayed there. Coukd be one to several. I note two I V sites she has so it may be a couple at least. She likely needed hydration and she said antibiotics. Maybe something else too. In a teaching hospital the attending along with their residents etc do daily rounds. Sometimes a senior resident or fellow does them if the primary surgeon isnt available. They discuss any relevant test results and plans for the day or for discharge. There is no way she knows nothing unless she tells the care team not to say a word for her. They would likely have taken some frozen sections in the OR to give them a preliminary diagnosis of cancer or not. Giving them an idea of her status internally for possible surgery. No way they don't tell her some of this info, unless she asks them to not tell her anything. The surgical team gets the frozen section results while the patients‘ procedure is still occuring. Relatively quickly 30 to 45 min. It is a world renown hospital so they have that capability. TF wants viewers to believe that patients dont have any results or info until their office follow up visit. That simply is NOT TRUE. They have some info before that but perhaps not all the final info and treatment plan going forward. .

Last edited:

Non-emergency patient transport services
Some people are eligible for non-emergency patient transport services (PTS). These services provide free transport to and from hospital for:
  • people whose condition means they need additional medical support during their journey
  • people who find it difficult to walk
  • parents or guardians of children who are being transported

PTS may not be available in all areas. To find out if you're eligible for PTS and how to access it, you'll need to speak to your GP or the healthcare professional who referred you to hospital.
I work for the UK ambulance service inside their control room. Part of my role in the past was to contact pts patients and to arrange transport. The service is stretched there are not enough of these for purpose as and are often significantly delayed meaning people miss appointments.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I work for the UK ambulance service inside their control room. Part of my role in the past was to contact pts patients and to arrange transport. The service is stretched there are not enough of these for purpose as and are often significantly delayed meaning people miss appointments.
Yes! i wrote a similar post to this which was sadly deleted by mods.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
The Marsden is in a residential neighbourhood so unfortunately they do not have much or any onsite parking. This is very difficult for most patients and not just cancer patients. They want you to rely on public transit if you can. I know many cannot. sad reality for many but a universal health system does give you quality healthcare that does not put you in bankruptcy dt medical debt. I know that many US citizens experience medical debt bankruptcy especially those without first rate health coverage. I hope that with the affordable care act this number is down but with other expenses like travel, accommodation expenses some have to rely on crowd source funding. TF never says that she is hard of funds but is naive that all these urban hospitals can have easy access to transport. People already pay high taxes for social safety nets and really do not want to pay even more for other such benefits. Same here in Canada. You see the move to more conservative ideology and that doesn't include increasing safety nets , but rather erosion. Very sad IMO. i have worked in both universal and US health systems. and they are very different ideologies.

• Heart
Does anyone follow any 'book club' accounts?
I'm not an avid reader anyway but struggle to understand what followers gain by following Tiff's Book Club account... she's posted three books all year and asked for people's suggestions/discussions but barely interacted with any of them.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The more is at stake the bigger the anxiety and fear.
Sure and the bigger the consequences. Burying her head in the sand could cost her her life. That is a huge price to pay and if she's in that level of denial, she'd be better spent using her expensive slipper money for private therapy instead of waiting on NHS waiting lists that will be longer than the period in which she has to come to terms with things and make decisions.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.