TiffanyThinks #4 TiffanyDrinks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Then, write to YOUR NHS system instead of CONSTANTLY GRIPING about EVERY WORD I WRITE on this board, only either to INSULT or FEIGN IGNORANCE about what I write.
GO take your frustrations out on your own NHS system--either that or STOP COMPLAINING.
Ask your RICH PM, Mr. RISHI SANAK, whose wife is a billionaire, richer than royalty, to accomodate your parking spots.
Fact of the matter is, right now I TOTALLY AGREE with paid parking, so does the NHS, and so do the PRIVATE COMPANIES providing that service. It is a SERVICE from a private company. Services have to be paid for. Services are NOT FREE. What do you expect next? A check for the gas you put in your car going to the hospital??
Many countries consider health care a SERVICE and that is not free either. SO asking people to pay a small fee to pay to park their cars is fair according to the NHS and the private companies.

Go and take your 'What are you talking about' and other feigned inquiries to YOUR NHS SYSTEM instead of taking your frustrations out on my comments here.
Not only do you have a 'bee under your bonnet', you must have the entire HIVE there as well.
Good day to you too!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I did not get the impression she was pretending she is broke. About the parking, I have a different opinion. I think for multi-million pound cancer care that is given for free, to ask someone to pay for parking is only fair. However, the parking situation that Tiffany describes is not optimum at all. Hospitals should have a car park section reserved for cancer patients only. This section should be as close as possible to each building or section of a building where cancer patients receive their care. Cancer patients should be given a tag to put on the dashboard of their cars to identify them as being allowed to park in this section. If reserved parking spaces close to the buildings were made for cancer patients, that would relieve the frustration on the part of the driver to find a spot, save time, and help the patient so the patient doesn't have to walk far to get back to his/her car.
I'm really not sure why you take personal offence to comments that aren't even directed to you, I see you doing that a lot on this thread. I'm also baffled as to why you're getting so angry.

The thought of having a special area for cancer patients which would then breach their privacy if they wanted to god forbid, park closer to the hospital is bleeping ludicrous.

Also our healthcare isn't FREE just because we don't get a bill for it, we pay for it via national insurance contributions.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm really not sure why you take personal offence to comments that aren't even directed to you, I see you doing that a lot on this thread. I'm also baffled as to why you're getting so angry.

The thought of having a special area for cancer patients which would then breach their privacy if they wanted to god forbid, park closer to the hospital is bleeping ludicrous.

Also our healthcare isn't FREE just because we don't get a bill for it, we pay for it via national insurance contributions.
Exactly. And where does it end? A parking section for cardiac patients, a section for those attending maternity clinics etc

• Heart
Reactions: 9
]The thought of having a special area for cancer patients which would then breach their privacy if they wanted to god forbid, park closer to the hospital is bleeping ludicrous.
Tiffany hasn't paid a million pounds to the NHS from the 5 years she worked, if even that. It is a social program that people pay into, as you said, insurance.
However, parking is currently not part of that insurance policy.

ALso, it is NOT ludicrous to OFFER closer parking to patients who WANT IT. What is the harm in OFFERING reserved parking??? NO one said it would be FORCED PARKING!!
CLose parking should be OFFERED to cancer patients. Some would take it, and some wouldn't. There is NO HARM, or ludicrousness in OFFERING such a service.

People aren't the same!!! People don't think the same way. Some cancer patients would REALLY APPRECIATE being parked close to the building and knowing that they won't have to drive around in circles trying to find a spot. Anyone who wants to continue to drive around helter skelter to find a spot would be free to do so, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Tiffany hasn't paid a million pounds to the NHS from the 5 years she worked, if even that. It is a social program that people pay into, as you said, insurance.

ALso, it is NOT ludicrous to OFFER closer parking to patients that WANT IT. What is the harm in OFFERING reserved parking??? NO one said it would be FORCED PARKING!!
CLose parking should be OFFERED to cancer patients. Some would take it, and some wouldn't. There is NO HARM, or ludicrousness in OFFERING such a service.

People aren't the same!!! People don't think the same way. Some cancer patients would REALLY APPRECIATE being parked close to the building and knowing that they won't have to drive around in circles trying to find a spot. Anyone who wants to continue to drive around helter skelter to find a spot would be free to do so, too.
Have you ever actually been to a hospital in the UK?!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Exactly. And where does it end? A parking section for cardiac patients, a section for those attending maternity clinics etc
In the US, some major hospitals have parking sections for staff, parking sections for visitors (farther away), and parking sections for patients (closer), parking sections for emergency section, etc etc. So, it 'ends' when people who have trouble walking are either wheeled to and from their vehicles, or they are allowed to park close by. This isn't rocket science.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
The NHS is barely fit for purpose as is, they aren't going to suddenly care about patients walking distance ffs. You can't compare the US and the UK because the systems are entirely different. Plus on a basic level, you have a duck ton more space than we do.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I looked into the business liquidating a bit and found some home and address info. Just for interest. She bought the house for 170,00 pounds in 2018, the same time she opened up her own business. The site said that the previous owner bought the house 12 yrs earlier for 218,000 pounds, so they lost money on paper. I assume that previous owner was her mother. However, the current value of her house three years later was 396,000 pounds. Up 42%.
Darling changed his business address to her home address in .Dec 2021 (when he moved in) and TT changed her business address to I suppose her liquidators commercial address this year when she filed. So, Amma must have sold the home to TT at a great undervaluation, to help TT afford the mortgage, and moved in with her. TT has made a huge amont of equity. Darling must have some financial benefit in moving his business address to her house too. Write offs etc.
i’m a medical professional and not a financial wiz but I have been a real estate investor for years and do currently own 4 investment properties in Canada. This lot are savvy as we know and see with all of this business, loan and property transactions. Not illegal but she plays very opposite for her viewers. They wanted to set up a gofundme but she said she was ok. At least that was the truth. All very interesting. Her house is a freehold end unit terrace home as its described in the info. Pretty small.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Also confused at the angle of her pretending she's broke. I only recall her griping about the parking charges at the hospital but that was nothing to do with her saying she can't afford it, she was actually making a good point for once that it's absolutely vile that patients have to pay to park up to attend things such as cancer treatment.

Other than that she comes across quite well off.
She mentioned the parking fees in a more general way and in my view, she has a point:

If someone needs to go to the hospital several times per week, for health reasons, the parking fees can really be an additional burden, especially if the income dries up due to health problems.

Personally, I think that the idea of preferred parking to reduced (or waived) fees is good - it could help critically ill people that possibly have to come to hospital on their own that are financially struggling. Why not?
The cost for that could be off-set by the parking fees collected from people that only visit the hospital for a short treatment time / one-off treatment and visitors.

I recently sat outside at a bench and a man came to collect his mother from the bench opposite. She was elderly and had mobility issues. She must have waited for him for at least twenty minutes (I had been there for around twenty minutes by then) and had one of those walking aides standing next to her.
He had parked the car and then came back to collect her to walk into the treatment centre. But she couldn't get up. He also didn't manage to help her up on his own (she was quite heavy). I offered to help by lifting her up under her arm on one side, and her son did the same on the other side, and so we managed to get her on her feet without any problems.
But she would have had issues getting up without a second helper and certainly would have had issues walking a long way.
It's a problem and it can be a real hardship for people.

Back to Tiffany:
So she mentioned the parking fees generally, not related to her spending, but Amma and Matt often park the car further away after she got out to go into the hospital and when she is ready to go back home she calls them and they pick her up at the hospital door again.
It's easy if you have someone who can drive you and wait for you.

But she did say in a different video that she could not afford private treatment beyond an initial private consultation. This is when the GFM was mentioned and she said that she was not ready for that "yet". This was a while back though and I don't think she mentioned money again afterwards.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I am in Australia and have no idea about taxes in the UK … are YT earnings declarable and taxable?
I would think all earnings are taxable right?
Perhaps one declares their tax file number when they set up a YT account?
Yes Youtube earnings are absolutely taxable in the UK. However the vast majority of Youtubers are "one person businesses" which means they do not have to file their numbers publicly. At the same time they are personally liable for any financial losses. So the basic system in the UK is as follows:

Sole Proprietor / One Person Business
This is the most common legal form for services like Youtuber, photographer, beautician etc. It's usually much easier to file your taxes and all your earnings remain secret. You do not have to charge VAT unless your income goes above a certain amount. (You can voluntarily request a VAT number so having one doesn't say much about the business). The only downside is that you are personally liable for all the financial losses. So if you run up debts, you need to declare personal bankruptcy and your home or other assets may get pulled into it.

Ltd Company
This is like setting up an "entity" that has the right to open a bank account. The numbers for a limited company need to be filed publicly along with. names of the directors etc. The advantage of this is that the "Ltd" can be used to take out loans or run up debts but those will disappear once the company is liquified. The personal assets of the people behind the company are untouched. You usually need a few ten grand of starting capital to open a Ltd, so even though it was mentioned upthread that Tiffany's Ltd was dissolved with 20K debt or something, that really isn't a lot. In terms of business, those are tiny numbers.

Applying that here, what happened was that Tiffany opened a limited company at some point, maybe with the intention of employing people down the line. However she became ill before the company could get off the ground and filed for closure/liquidation last summer. Once her Youtube started taking off, she registered as a sole proprietor so she can declare her online earnings. She just needs to pay National Insurance and whatever income tax she's liable for. Since she lives at home and all her videos are lifestyle based, she probably makes a fairly good profit and will also be expected to pay tax on that. The only things that are usually tax deductible would be film equipment, studio rent (not applicable), props/set (not applicable), business travel or car costs (not applicable), employees or video editors (not applicable).

There's actually a fascinating loophole here on whether money invested in her health could technically be tax deductible. Since a huge portion of her income is generated from her cancer journey, anything that creates new content or contributes towards an increase in audience would technically be an "investment" and therefore a tax deductible expenditure in her business. She could very well start seeking out private treatment or second opinions under the justification that it's relevant and important for the content on her channel. But most body related things are not considered tax deductible so it'll be a very murky zone it go into.

The fact that she had a Ltd company at some point means she's pretty up to date on the tax regulations and it's safe to assume that she's correctly declaring her Youtube income. Nobody opens a Ltd in their 20s just for fun because the admin side is such a hassle so I think she definitely has someone helping her. Could be an accountant who works for someone close to her or a friend/relative who knows their stuff.

Reactions: 8
Did she ever go into detail about what she was in hospital for some time back? Before her cancer diagnosis? I watched an old video of hers and she mentioned that her viewers had been with her through her 'hospital stage'
I watched that video, and I’m not sure if it was the same one, but she also talked about having leaving university for a while due to illness. She had a video showing how she has to get regular B12 injections, but she removed it. The other surgeries she had were somewhere in her stomach. I asked her in a comment one time, but she didn’t answer. No, she has never mentioned it.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Have you ever actually been to a hospital in the UK?!
No, but the user 'Whathastheworldcometo" has a few minutes ago, and has written an informative summary of having been to one. Anyone who wants to gain insight on that should read what he/she wrote.

Reactions: 4

ALso, it is NOT ludicrous to OFFER closer parking to patients that WANT IT. What is the harm in OFFERING reserved parking??? NO one said it would be FORCED PARKING!!

Why are you typing in capital letters?? Is everything ok?

The logistical nightmare it would cause to allocate a section of parking for cancer patients makes it a stupid idea, I don't think you quite understand how small hospital carparks are in the UK?? And hospital carparks DO have parking for staff. The carparks for patients are small, a lot of our hospitals are old and haven't been updated for many years. Some hospitals have such small parking facilities people have to park off-site in other parking facilities.

This is where arguments are caused because, no offence, you're speaking on something you have an extremely limited knowledge of.

I watched that video, and I’m not sure if it was the same one, but she also talked about having leaving university for a while due to illness. She had a video showing how she has to get regular B12 injections, but she removed it. The other surgeries she had were somewhere in her stomach. I asked her in a comment one time, but she didn’t answer. No, she has never mentioned it.
She has to be the oddest person I've ever come across, she wants to share everything but wants to be secretive at the same time. When she first decided she was going to wait for the surgery it did cross my mind that maybe she's never had surgery before so the concept of a huge surgery would be even worse, but she has had surgery before. A normal person would maybe say I've had surgery in the past for x but this surgery entails xyz and that's why I'm apprehensive about having it. I've watched a couple of cancer journeys on youtube and this is the first one where I have come away confused rather than being educated on the person's particular cancer.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I looked into the business liquidating a bit and found some home and address info. Just for interest. She bought the house for 170,00 pounds in 2018, the same time she opened up her own business. The site said that the previous owner bought the house 12 yrs earlier for 218,000 pounds, so they lost money on paper. I assume that previous owner was her mother. However, the current value of her house three years later was 396,000 pounds. Up 42%.
Darling changed his business address to her home address in .Dec 2021 (when he moved in) and TT changed her business address to I suppose her liquidators commercial address this year when she filed. So, Amma must have sold the home to TT at a great undervaluation, to help TT afford the mortgage, and moved in with her. TT has made a huge amont of equity. Darling must have some financial benefit in moving his business address to her house too. Write offs etc.
i’m a medical professional and not a financial wiz but I have been a real estate investor for years and do currently own 4 investment properties in Canada. This lot are savvy as we know and see with all of this business, loan and property transactions. Not illegal but she plays very opposite for her viewers. They wanted to set up a gofundme but she said she was ok. At least that was the truth. All very interesting. Her house is a freehold end unit terrace home as its described in the info. Pretty small.
Well found and very interesting!

Reactions: 7
No, but the user 'Whathastheworldcometo" has a few minutes ago, and has written an informative summary of having been to one. Anyone who wants to gain insight on that should read what he/she wrote.
I live in the UK…. 🤣🤣🤣

Im not being rude but you don’t live here, you have zero experience of attending hospital here, you have zero knowledge of how our health system works or the challenges it has, so maybe stop trying to tell us who actually do live here what it’s like?

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Non-emergency patient transport services
Some people are eligible for non-emergency patient transport services (PTS). These services provide free transport to and from hospital for:
  • people whose condition means they need additional medical support during their journey
  • people who find it difficult to walk
  • parents or guardians of children who are being transported

PTS may not be available in all areas. To find out if you're eligible for PTS and how to access it, you'll need to speak to your GP or the healthcare professional who referred you to hospital.

Reactions: 2

Some people are eligible for non-emergency patient transport services (PTS). These services provide free transport to and from hospital for:
  • people whose condition means they need additional medical support during their journey

PTS may not be available in all areas. To find out if you're eligible for PTS and how to access it, you'll need to speak to your GP or the healthcare professional who referred you to hospital.

PTS may not be available in all areas.

I really don't know why you are googling things and attempting to apply the googled information to real life situations. With respect, you do not live in the UK, you have zero experience of the NHS system. People have politely tried to educate you yet you are taking personal offence. You don't need to be a fountain of knowledge on every topic, it's really ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I live in the UK…. 🤣🤣🤣

Im not being rude but you don’t live here, you have zero experience of attending hospital here, you have zero knowledge of how our health system works or the challenges it has, so maybe stop trying to tell us who actually do live here what it’s like?
When did I tell you what it is like? I did not. You might have reading comprehension problems if you confuse a suggestion with an experience. I offered suggestions, not experiences.
Now, if you want to know what 'it is like'., (i.e., experiences) why don't you get back to the informative comment written a few posts above by 'Whathasthisworldcometo'?
Why are you getting to me about my comments, when 'Whathasthisworldcometo' written similar ones, yet, you are not chiding 'Whathasthisworldcometo'?
Yes, I am allowed to comment on anything here. Many people here have not had cancer, yet are commenting on cancer. One does not have to have cancer to be able to comment on it. Similarly, one does not need to live in the UK to be able to make suggestions that could help certain people living there.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.