TiffanyThinks #4 TiffanyDrinks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I fell pregnant on the "natural" form of the birth control through body temperature etc because I didn't want to take the oral contraceptive due to these fears from the research you've showed,my body rejected the coil so I wasn't left with many options other than either trust the natural way again or take a medicated form by way of oral or implant, I find my husband way too attractive to abstain or use condoms so I did hours and hours of research and the figures you quote are not due oral contraceptive alone,there are many mitigating factors contributing to it, family history,other daily medications, recreational drug use to mention just 3 so it's not as dangerous as made out..of course medicating our bodies to prevent a natural bodily function is not the best idea in any way but it's the only option for many of us and the benefits outweigh the tiny risk for me personally.
♥
But that wasn't me. That was Nathalie (c.sabatier) 😂 I'm sure I read about contraceptives not posing that risk. There is a mixture of findings in scientific papers.
However, I'm like you. I've been afraid of the pill for this reason and stopped taking it. It was always on my mind.
I also read that the risk for breast cancer (and probably other female cancers) increases shortly after pregnancy. On the other hand, those who have had a child in their lifetime are at a slightly lower risk than those who have never been pregnant.

Reactions: 4
That sounds likely but is very disturbing. Every day matters with cancer. It’s a race against time to kill it with chemo and radiation, or remove it surgically, before cancerous cells move through blood vessels or the lymphatic system to another part of the body and start growing ( mets.) She is very lucky to live near the Royal Marsden which is internationally known for pelvic exenteration surgery.

Ok I feel really dumb that I didn’t get this until now: leaving out specific dates for the tests means people won’t know when to expect to hear how the tests went. Its impossible to know if this is to get people to watch vlogs that don’t provide information about the tests for days after the tests to be able to get more vlogs viewed, but I’m feeling suspicious that my (and others’) emotions are being manipulated to increase views. It is bizarre to me that someone with a deadly cancer that might kill them within 12 months would be thinking like that but I guess if this is a case of serious denial then maybe.
Don’t feel bad about not picking up on this earlier. Before going into the healthcare field, I got a degree in abnormal/forensic psychology and criminology. I see things differently in people sometimes and see the emotional pathology that may not be evident to most people. My skepticism was flagged early on with this one. I kept watching her mostly for the analysis on what is going on with her psychologically. The cancer journey is also of interest for me bc of my career in healthcare. She is a very complex person but not really when you break it down. I’m not diagnosing online but from what I suspect she has narcissism, low empathy for others, is a pathological liar, manipulative, mood swings and can be charming as well. Perhaps a borderline personality which is very difficult to treat. They are not at the level of sociopaths but are likely to not seek treatment. They can still function at work or school quite well. It may take time for others to figure them out. Her charm, beauty and seeming naivety often fools most people for a time. You see it in the cult viewers adoration of her despite the obvious manipulation. I feel like I’m back in school reviewing case studies watching her.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Fu
Don’t feel bad about not picking up on this earlier. Before going into the healthcare field, I got a degree in abnormal/forensic psychology and criminology. I see things differently in people sometimes and see the emotional pathology that may not be evident to most people. My skepticism was flagged early on with this one. I kept watching her mostly for the analysis on what is going on with her psychologically. The cancer journey is also of interest for me bc of my career in healthcare. She is a very complex person but not really when you break it down. I’m not diagnosing online but from what I suspect she has narcissism, low empathy for others, is a pathological liar, manipulative, mood swings and can be charming as well. Perhaps a borderline personality which is very difficult to treat. They are not at the level of sociopaths but are likely to not seek treatment. They can still function at work or school quite well. It may take time for others to figure them out. Her charm, beauty and seeming naivety often fools most people for a time. You see it in the cult viewers adoration of her despite the obvious manipulation. I feel like I’m back in school reviewing case studies watching her.
Funny you should mention that. I have borderline personality disorder and I see exactly what you are saying.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thank you for this. I am very careful to not assume I can know anyone’s motivations and attitudes without asking them, or observing their behavior for a long time. So I was very reluctant to consider that she might be manipulating viewers. But lately I have been doing a little online research about techniques social media influencers should use to increase their subscribers and views and have been getting uncomfortable with how Tiffany does things.

She is a real manipulator, that's for sure.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Fu

Funny you should mention that. I have borderline personality disorder and I see exactly what you are saying.
There are different types of borderline personalities with varying traits and levels so I don’t mean to pigeon hole everyone with it in the same category. Just some observations about her specifically that I notice. People are very individual of course 😀

Reactions: 8
♥
But that wasn't me. That was Nathalie (c.sabatier) 😂 I'm sure I read about contraceptives not posing that risk. There is a mixture of findings in scientific papers.
However, I'm like you. I've been afraid of the pill for this reason and stopped taking it. It was always on my mind.
I also read that the risk for breast cancer (and probably other female cancers) increases shortly after pregnancy. On the other hand, those who have had a child in their lifetime are at a slightly lower risk than those who have never been pregnant.
Is it OK to reveal c.sabatier by her Christian name of Nathalie on here?

Reactions: 3
Honestly I’ve please don’t think I’ve taken offence. I totally understand where you are coming from and I was thinking the exact same thoughts myself yesterday after her rant. I feel she sees the critique and negative comments as rejection hence her outbursts. Her manipulative behaviour has been extremely obvious lately as well as the need for constant praise and validation which is why I think her social media presence is a really bad idea. They say people with BPD very thin skin so I don’t think this will be the last rant we see.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
the figures you quote are not due oral contraceptive alone,there are many mitigating factors contributing to it, family history,other daily medications, recreational drug use to mention just 3 so it's not as dangerous as made out..of course medicating our bodies to prevent a natural bodily function is not the best idea in any way but it's the only option for many of us and the benefits outweigh the tiny risk for me personally.
Oral contraceptives are endocrine disruptors. As such, they have extensive side effects (blot clots, pulmonary embolisms (which can be fatal), high blood pressure, heart attacks and strokes, gall bladder diseases) which can be found in an FDA product-insert for oral contraceptives that I provided earlier in response to LeonorG.

There are many factors that come into play simultaneously in studies. There are studies that have been with 1.8 million women, whose reference I provide below. Statistically, there are ways to 'de-couple' other contributing factors to 'isolate' the effect of the contraceptives themselves. This is beyond just talk of 'other mitigating factors contributing to it (cancer).' Most of the studies from the Nordic countries all are consistent in that they state that there is a HIGHER risk of breast cancer (20 to 30% higher) when SOME types of oral contraceptives are used, than when they are not used.

As for everything in life, from medicine to va c cines, one has to weigh the benefits/risk on an individual basis. However, when a woman already has high blood pressure and/or cardiac problems, these conditions, among many others, may be contraindicated for the use of certain contraceptives.

Danish study: From the article,

Weigh the Evidence
In an accompanying editorial, David Hunter, MB, BS, ScD, professor of epidemiology and medicine at the University of Oxford, noted that the approximately 20% higher risk of breast cancer found among women who currently use hormonal contraceptives compared to those who do not must be considered against the low incidence rates of breast cancer among younger women.

In the editorial, Hunter points out that while the absolute increase in cancer risk is 13 per 100,000 women overall, it is only two per 100,000 women younger than age 35. The majority of cases that occurred in the analysis were recorded among women who were using oral contraceptives in their 40s, Hunter notes.

Reactions: 5
Honestly I’ve please don’t think I’ve taken offence. I totally understand where you are coming from and I was thinking the exact same thoughts myself yesterday after her rant. I feel she sees the critique and negative comments as rejection hence her outbursts. Her manipulative behaviour has been extremely obvious lately as well as the need for constant praise and validation which is why I think her social media presence is a really bad idea. They say people with BPD very thin skin so I don’t think this will be the last rant we see.
No I don't think you took offence, I just wanted to clarify to all that there are differences in people’s personality and levels of behaviours and some are more obvious, or worrisome, then others. I didn’t want to offend others who may have a personality disorder or other mental health issues. Or love someone who does. I really do not want to offend anyone with my observations about tiffany specifically. I do not know her and I could be totally off here. I did look back at some of her earlier vlogs to see how she came across before cancer. I still noticed the same traits. People in her real life would know the best. Especially her mother. I feel like she has endured the most in rearing her and caring for her, physically and emotionally, the most during her illness.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ok, I did myself when I copied and pasted my own comments from Tiffany's videos! Also, the reason I provided information related to contraceptives and breast cancer is that I feel all women should know the risks, and make the decisions themselves, and not be duped either by lack or information, a Dr. not discussing side effects, or a partner that pressures a woman to take something she doesn't want to. No one should pressure anyone to take any medicine whatsoever. The choice should remain individual, and, societies at large should not be pressuring women to take any pills unless the woman wants to. Any society or doctor who fails to mention the severe side effects contraceptives may cause, not to mention the increase in breast cancer risk, is LYING to his/her patient, LYING by OMISSION. For those who want to read more, I found this article quite interesting:

“Breast cancer has now overtaken lung cancer as the world’s most commonly-diagnosed cancer,”
Not only does the press release fail to mention the increased risk of breast cancer with frequently prescribed drugs such as the birth control pill, shot, patch, and vaginal rings, the WHO avoids mentioning the increased risk on pages that recommend birth control use.

Reactions: 6
I think so. We call Nathalie Nathalie on here. But if you are not ok with it Nathalie, let me know. I still remember you from the comments before coming here. We used to converse there 😂

Reactions: 2
I think so. We call Nathalie Nathalie on here. But if you are not ok with it Nathalie, let me know. I still remember you from the comments before coming here. We used to converse there 😂
Oh, so you're the one who earlier told me about Tattle in response to some of my posts there! Well, things were getting censored on her page for whatever reason...whether it was Tiffany or you tube doing the censoring. Here, discussion is more free. It is Tiffany's fault that these threads were started here in the first place. If she hadn't started deleting and tic tic tic blocking, these discussions would be occurring under her videos instead. Tiffany, if you're reading this, please note that your 'tic tic tic block and delete' was the primary reason these threads were started in the first place! When people are blocked in one place, they migrate to another.

How has this thread descended into arguments about birth control? 🤣🫣
It is cancer-related and was initiated in a discussion on interpreting cancer statistics, for which I provided an easy-to-read article from the Mayo Clinic. Also, Tiffany, if you are reading this, feel free to skip over the contraceptives part as you probably won't ever need it.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Oh, so you're the one who earlier told me about Tattle in response to some of my posts there! Well, things were getting censored on her page for whatever reason...whether it was Tiffany or you tube doing the censoring. Here, discussion is more free. It is Tiffany's fault that these threads were started here in the first place. If she hadn't started deleting and tic tic tic blocking, these discussions would be occurring under her videos instead. Tiffany, if you're reading this, please note that your 'tic tic tic block and delete' was the primary reason these threads were started in the first place! When people are blocked in one place, they migrate to another.

It is cancer-related and was initiated in a discussion on interpreting cancer statistics, for which I provided an easy-to-read article from the Mayo Clinic. Also, Tiffany, if you are reading this, feel free to skip over the contraceptives part as you probably won't ever need it.
Noo that wasn't me. I was the one discussing Tiffany's results with you. It must have been the Results vlog. I kept asking you how she could be cancer free 🤣 You were the only one making sense there so I kept asking you stuff. You were writing detailed comments about the tumour and the biopsies. Clinical details. No one else was 😅 Commenters were getting riled up at the time, everyone arguing, everyone discussing, lots of passion 😂

True, if she had not introduced the block and delete policy, I guess we would still be discussing there. Although I think the Tiffany thread started before that.

I found this thread shortly after the Results vlog when I saw a commenter mention that they are discussing Tiffany on tattle.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm adopted and only have my birth mother's family medical history via my birth sisters (birth mom is a twit, sisters are cool). Birth father wanted no part of me.
I decided to participate in a breast cancer study via the University of California at San Francisco that assesses risk which then determines how often one needs to get a mammogram. You must submit previous mammogram results, disclose family medical history and history of birth control & childbirth. Alcohol intake, food, and smoking is a large part of assessing risk. Based on my information, I need to get a mammogram every two years.
Booze is a big breast cancer risk and it makes me loose my tit when I see breast cancer awareness influencers swan about with cocktails/wine.
I only have a drink maybe once a month now, gave up smoking two years ago, and switched to a whole food plant-based diet. Doesn't mean I won't ever get breast or any other cancer, but doing my best to reduce risk. Lost 50 pounds and the inflammation that affected my joints went away. Don't need daily pain meds anymore since my diet switch.
Still have cerebral palsy though wheee!

Back to TiffTalk!

• Heart
I guess you have to have a higher than normal level of narcissism to put your life out there like a fish bowl for attention, likes etc. Like all social media influencers etc.

I've noticed that with Tiffany she's been really spoilt in her life and she loves control(because she's always/mostly got her way) - hence why she's coming across as manipulative. It's her way or no way. When you want to always have a high level of control you don't do well with adaptability. She doesn't adapt until she's absolutley forced to. You can tell with how rigid she is with everything in her life - her posting schedule, her frequently mentioning 'we only have a little part of the journey left' , 'by the end of this year I'll be cancer free' , making comments like 'I have to/or it has to be okay, we have no other choice' etc. So whenever she gets news which doesn't follow the narrative in her head - she freaks out and goes into this overly blocking mode that tries to bring back some semblance of order and control - 'this doctor doesn't even know my case that well' 'we went in for something else, my blisters but he started talking about other things(like the fact that her tumour might be too big to operate on)', 'I'm going to trust my doctors'(because it delays and puts off the surgery).

With cancer you can't always control things, or any illness for that matter. Yet she's tried to at every step, and her case is heartbreaking regardless and I feel empathy for her more than I feel frustration at times. And this goes back to the people criticising or sharing opinions which differ from the sweet, jesus loving and super positive individual she portrays - if anyone doesn't go with that narrtive she's putting out - she tries to block and delete. And since she can't over here - she wants control over the conversation and narrative.

With social media you either have to have super thick skin to take on people's criticisms, views and opinions which are different from yours - especially when you only put out a snapshot or one part of your life in a certain light. Or, you have to have the ability to adapt and change with self awareness. And she doesn't have either - so she's not handling it well, while having such a life threatning illness on top of it all.

This is just my interpretation, but I can see another spoilt brat (because I was and possibly am still one myself 😂).

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Thank you for being here. I've felt that we're looking at not only a cancer story but a study in human behavior. She's so complex it's both maddening and fascinating.
I look forward to reading more of your observations.

Check this out. It only takes 24hours to get PET scan results from the Royal Marsden. Tiffany could call her doctor and therefore know the results the next day if she wants to. Who wants to post this information on Tiffany's video, (and risk getting blocked and deleted)? (Post the info. without the link if you want to, because you tube censors links in many cases.)

From the Royal Marsden website itself (link below):

When will I know the results?
Although the radiographer/technologist can see parts of your body on the screen, the images must be carefully interpreted by a Radiologist/Nuclear Medicine physician who is an expert in this field.
He or she will prepare a report and send it to your doctor within 24 hours of completion. Your doctor will tell you the results and discuss them with you.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I'll never understand her "ostrich with her head in the sand" approach to a life threatening illness. It's the reaction you'd expect from a child, not a 30 year old woman. What's even worse is that her loved ones appear to enable it. I say "appear" because we only see what Tiffany wants us to see. But Matt strikes me as a Casper Milquetoast type of guy and her mom seems very reticent to speak up too. It's a tragedy playing out for all to see. Her fascination with shopping, the garden center, cozy robes and slippers, etc, etc will all prove to be meaningless if the cancer continues growing, as I suspect it will at some point. Even now, while she waited for her Pet Scan, she watched an Xmas movie in the hospital! It's mind boggling her degree of denial!

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.