TiffanyThinks #4 TiffanyDrinks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
... And I want to add:
In that respect her YT channel has become another drain of energy, instead of being the source of energy she initially felt it was.

This might be detrimental to her overall objective of being healthy and fit, as she does not have spare energy to put towards problem solving/deflecting criticism/reworking her YT approach.

A solution might be to either leave YT or tone it down or to accept that she operates a lifestyle channel and mark it that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I agree with everything you said here. And when I read the comments, it is a worship fest! And people say things like, “How dare anyone question you!”
Yesterday I have tried to read the comments under her latest video but after 20 or so I had to stop, because I couldn’t stand anymore the praises and indeed worshippers. 🤢 I almost lost my meal.

• Sick
Reactions: 17
The thing is she'll never take a break because she loves the admiration and the fact people even talk about her. Even when she was super ill with c.diff and then after the biopsy, she still kept posting because the money, the adoration and the fact people actually tuned into see what she was up to gave her the motivation.

She won't be able to have the same success as just a lifestyle channel and she probably knows this, as someone else stated - her lifestyle is average and boring. Dare I say, the cancer journey gave her character and channel a bit more depth(as sad as I am to say that, because we are hoping for her recovery every day so she can live a cancer free life regardless of her social media presence). If you watch her past videos there's literally nothing of substance - she's copying other Zoella like influencers at the time who were super popular in the 2013 to 2016 era, she didn't really have a strong sense of idenity then either. The cancer is the only thing that diffrentiates her and her determintation at the start was what pulled people in. That's what I really enjoyed, that despite adversity she was determined and had such a can do attitude. Then the 'no surgery 'video happened and it was all downhill from there. How can you poll to your audience about a life and death situation firstly? That just seems dystopian. Secondly, how can you ask people to give you advice when you don't give them the entire facts? People will and can only provide advice based on the info provided which was severley lacking. Thirdly - how can you berate the very professionals and people who gave you advice which you didn't want?

It's a great big mess and she's applying regular influencer tactics for social media to a life and death situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Hi everyone...it's entering the brutal winter season where I am and my mother in law is now suspected of having lung cancer (long wait at the hospital though, it may take her a month just to get a biopsy done ㅠㅠ cancer rates have shot up markedly).
Cancer is a very real existential threat not to be taken lightly, it is just a horrible horrible thing.

I started watching cancer youtubers in part to familiarize myself with what could be an eventuality for many of us (1out of 3 will get cancer in my country) but most of them have passed away it's so depressing, I feel fearful when the timebomb will go off or the other proverbial shoe drop.

I wish every single person suffering from this scourge the best of luck and success. Take care everyone, just feeling sappy plz excuse.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
It's a great big mess and she's applying regular influencer tactics for social media to a life and death situation.
Yes this is the real issue and I agree with the other poster who said her desire to be social media famous is now turning into a nightmare. She's clearly been reading some of the negative feedback and it's getting to her. And it's forever out there in the public for friends and family to see. It would break Amma's heart if she knew and god knows what Matt would think who never wanted to be on social media in first place. She probably can't speak about this to either of them and it's bottling up inside. This is the dark side of social media fame, and people like her idol Zoella get loads of gossip as well. She must be aware that once you start the ball rolling it's very hard to take it back. This is probably causing a lot of stress and you can see the frustration and fear in her face in the last video.

The problem is that other influencers can handle it because they're not facing life threatening choices or physically in pain & discomfort all the time. They chose it as career choice and know that flogging some merch or a shameless bit of clickbait is just part of the job. The audience know this too so there's a weird unspoken agreement between the creator and viewer that this is ok. The problem is that in the GENRE of cancer journey channels, this sort of content is quite unusual. That's why she's facing a lot of pushback unseen with other channels, despite that fact that she's actually seems fairly likeable and sweet as a person. Health journey channels are sort of like a real life drama/medical show and that's why many are so compelling. Viewers get totally invested in the details and want real time updates. Channels like Jenny Apple, Krocks in the Kitchen, Romee Dussenbrook and the (incredible) PeeWee Toms did just that.

TT is basically a lifestyle channel by someone who happens to have cancer. It's reminiscent of the content cancer survivors will post after their treatment is over (eg Courtlizz, Blended Together/Vanessa LPZ). You know it's everyday stuff, with maybe 5% updates on a scan or something. That's totally ok if the expectation and delivery is mutual. The problem is that she's in an incredibly medically critical situation that many people are invested in and deeply rooting for her. However the content pointedly always skims around all that, under the guise of showing normal life outside of cancer. I honestly don't know where this will all go and truly hope the next set of scans bring good news so she can move on and become the full-time lifestyle Youtuber she wants to be.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Hi everyone...it's entering the brutal winter season where I am and my mother in law is now suspected of having lung cancer (long wait at the hospital though, it may take her a month just to get a biopsy done ㅠㅠ cancer rates have shot up markedly).
Cancer is a very real existential threat not to be taken lightly, it is just a horrible horrible thing.

I started watching cancer youtubers in part to familiarize myself with what could be an eventuality for many of us (1out of 3 will get cancer in my country) but most of them have passed away it's so depressing, I feel fearful when the timebomb will go off or the other proverbial shoe drop.

I wish every single person suffering from this scourge the best of luck and success. Take care everyone, just feeling sappy plz excuse.
I’m so sorry about your mother-in-law, and I will pray for her to be ok. I lost my beloved Dad to brain cancer (Grade 4 Glioblastoma) in December 2019. He was so healthy up till then, and very active and young for his age. We were shocked and devastated. Cancer doesn’t run in our family. We’re a family of heart attacks and strokes.
Cancer is a horror! I thought by now they would have a cure. I’m especially alarmed by so many young people getting cancer. I follow two other cancer vloggers, Jenny Apple and Krocks in the Kitchen. These young ladies are in their early to mid thirties, and are doing all they can to fight it. It is so tragic. Again, I hope your mother-in-law turns out to be fine, but if she does have cancer, then I pray that she will recover! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
... (1out of 3 will get cancer in my country) but most of them have passed away it's so depressing,
I hope that your mother-in-law does not have cancer.
Also, statistics are misleading. My family in the US is a large one (around 100 people or so.) No one has ever had cancer in my US family, so the statistic that '1 in 3' will get cancer also has to be analyzed with respect to what groups of people are more likely to get cancer. Seeing as how roughly 2/3 of the people in the US are either overweight or obese, the people in this category have a higher risk of developing cancer. Smokers have a higher risk of developing lung cancer than non-smokers. The contraceptives in birth control increase a woman's chances of having breast cancer. Eating too much red meat is associated with a higher risk of colorectal cancer, etc.

Therefore, overall, with a high percentage of the population in high-risk categories, the statistic that 1 in 3 will get cancer is obtained. It is, however, misleading. For example, take a group of pesco-vegetarians who are non-smokers, who are all in the medically normal, healthy weight categories-The statistic that 1 in 3 in this group will get cancer does not apply. The '1 in 3' statistic applies to the entire population at large--with obesity, smokers, red-meat eaters, etc. Therefore, it is important to analyze risk with respect to the particular group of people studied, and differentiate between a risk for the general population at large, or, risk for a particular category of people. The Mayo Clinic wrote an interesting article on this subject. Here is an excerpt:

Risk statistics can be frustrating because they can't tell you your risk of cancer. Studies may have found that American men have about a 40 percent chance of developing cancer in their lifetimes, but that doesn't mean your risk is 40 percent if you're a man. Your individual risk is based on many different factors, such as age and habits (including eating habits), family history of cancer, and the environment in which you live.
Even then, the combination of risk factors might not apply to you. Cancer is individualistic.

Source:

Reactions: 5
Having crossed paths with her many years ago this has always been her character. Never a friend just an acquaintance. She’s always played the ditzy character and enjoyed being popular and liked attention.

The confusion around her current cancer state bought me here…
You mean knowing her in person? How interesting. I suspected it to be the case. From her earlier videos I could see the upididy inflated ego attitude but trying to conceal it with this Im forever a little girl act. 👧 She was definitely spoiled too much and has to be the center of intention. Amma must be exhausted cathering to it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
You mean knowing her in person? How interesting. I suspected it to be the case. From her earlier videos I could see the upididy inflated ego attitude but trying to conceal it with this Im forever a little girl act. 👧 She was definitely spoiled too much and has to be the center of intention. Amma must be exhausted cathering to it.

Yes in person. You have summed her up perfectly!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Yes in person. You have summed her up perfectly!
How did she treated you? Did you hang out with her at all? I’ll bet since you couldn’t do anything for her she ignored you? I knew something was up in the way she treated Amma. One time Amma was crying and she told her to stop crying quite sternly, I was shocked she said it a few times. Amma quickly hid her tears. I was shocked at how rude she was to her!!
Ordering her NOT to cry WTF?? Right there I kne I saw her true colors, I’m surprised she didn’t edited out…I need to find it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
It is interesting that you (Heythere) have deleted your original post, as I clicked on the arrow and received the 'Oops' message on this site that the message wasn't there. Maybe you don't want Tiffany seeing it?:

Heythere said:

Having crossed paths with her many years ago this has always been her character. Never a friend just an acquaintance. She’s always played the ditzy character and enjoyed being popular and liked attention.
The confusion around her current cancer state bought me here…

People here are wondering if Tiffany reads these posts. Does she? If so, she should be well-informed about her tumor and the rationale for 'watch and wait' from the second and third threads of this group on her topic.
Yes I did feel bad after posting it…

How did she treated you? Did you hang out with her at all? I’ll bet since you couldn’t do anything for her she ignored you? I knew something was up in the way she treated Amma. One time Amma was crying and she told her to stop crying quite sternly, I was shocked she said it a few times. Amma quickly hid her tears. I was shocked at how rude she was to her!!
Ordering her NOT to cry WTF?? Right there I kne I saw her true colors, I’m surprised she didn’t edited out…I need to find it.
We had mutual friends so I didn’t personally have any dealings with her but she was in my social circles by default. That doesn’t surprise me. I always got the my way is right impression. When I stumbled across her content I thought nothing of it being suspicious. But my mum recently had emergency surgery to remove a tumour in her bowl which made me raise questions about Tiffany and the surgery…

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
So I obliged and also deleted mine in which I quoted you. :) . Do you know if Tiffany has been reading Tattle related to her videos? If so, does she?
I honestly have no idea. I’m also no longer in contact with our mutual friends. But if I had to hazard a guess she probably does!

Reactions: 6
I hope that your mother-in-law does not have cancer.
Also, statistics are misleading. My family in the US is a large one (around 100 people or so.) No one has ever had cancer in my US family, so the statistic that '1 in 3' will get cancer also has to be analyzed with respect to what groups of people are more likely to get cancer. Seeing as how roughly 2/3 of the people in the US are either overweight or obese, the people in this category have a higher risk of developing cancer. Smokers have a higher risk of developing lung cancer than non-smokers. The contraceptives in birth control increase a woman's chances of having breast cancer. Eating too much red meat is associated with a higher risk of colorectal cancer, etc.

Therefore, overall, with a high percentage of the population in high-risk categories, the statistic that 1 in 3 will get cancer is obtained. It is, however, misleading. For example, take a group of pesco-vegetarians who are non-smokers, who are all in the medically normal, healthy weight categories-The statistic that 1 in 3 in this group will get cancer does not apply. The '1 in 3' statistic applies to the entire population at large--with obesity, smokers, red-meat eaters, etc. Therefore, it is important to analyze risk with respect to the particular group of people studied, and differentiate between a risk for the general population at large, or, risk for a particular category of people. The Mayo Clinic wrote an interesting article on this subject. Here is an excerpt:

Risk statistics can be frustrating because they can't tell you your risk of cancer. Studies may have found that American men have about a 40 percent chance of developing cancer in their lifetimes, but that doesn't mean your risk is 40 percent if you're a man. Your individual risk is based on many different factors, such as age and habits (including eating habits), family history of cancer, and the environment in which you live.
Even then, the combination of risk factors might not apply to you. Cancer is individualistic.

Source:
The contraceptives in birth control increase a woman's chances of having breast cancer. = I heard that this has since been disproved.
I agree that lifestyle choices are important but also genetics, gene mutations, infections, exposure to pollutants, chemicals. A multitude of factors influence it.

Reactions: 4
… I always got the my way is right impression. ..
Interesting. Some person or people on this forum think that it was Tiffany who had broken up with Tiroy. I never responded with my opinion, because I suspected it was him who had broken up with her, given her 'type' of personality that you now confirm. In videos from years go, Tiffany talked about her breakup, but never said that it was she who had broken up with him. By default, I immediately suspected it was he who had broken up with her, since if it were the contrary, she would have nothing to hide by saying 'I broke up with him because we had too many differences,' or something like that. Tiffany is a very proud person, as most of us are at times, and it would be difficult for anyone to admit on camera that someone else had done the breaking up. So that's my opinion on a subject that was mentioned much earlier in these threads.

Reactions: 6
On today's Instagram story Tiffany said that she's having a rough day. She looks awful, maybe she had the biopsy.
The poor sleep, and not eating enough, would have had an impact on her overall well being, including but not limited to fatigue, cognitive function, mood swings, hormone changes, inflammation (thus pain), and a much more weakened immune system. I'd think that she'd always be very exhausted toward the later part of the day, even if she hadn't had a hectic day.

Reactions: 8
The contraceptives in birth control increase a woman's chances of having breast cancer. = I heard that this has since been disproved.
I agree that lifestyle choices are important but also genetics, gene mutations, infections, exposure to pollutants, chemicals. A multitude of factors influence it.
Here we go again, and I knew this would provoke such a reaction, because politics wants a certain outcome, just like politics did for the vaccine. Let us take all other factors out, and focus on the contraceptives themselves, as other studies do for red meat eaters, or smokers, etc.
It has been shown in many studies that YES, oral contraceptives (OC) in the articles I will now reference, DO increase a woman's risk of developing breast cancer. My father as a physician knew it years ago.
Risk by Pattern of OC Use.
Women having ever used OCs presented a 30% higher risk of developing breast cancer than never-users (Table 2) RR for breast cancer among ever-users of OCs remained significantly increased after exclusion of current/recent users from the analysis (RR = 1.2).......
Women who had ever exclusively used progestin-only pills were not at an increased breast cancer risk, whereas those who had exclusively used combined OCs were at 30% increased risk (Table 5). In contrast, current/recent use of progestin-only pills and combined OCs entailed a similar 50–60% increased risk of breast cancer as compared with never use.

From another article
Many studies show serious adverse events associated with oral contraceptive use including venous thromboembolic disease, myocardial infarction, and stroke (8-10)

In addition to the risk of acute harms, the use of oral contraceptives may influence the risk of certain cancers (11). Oral contraceptive use may promote or initiate tumors of the breast or cervix (12-14) For breast cancer, these risks may be even greater for women at elevated risk due to family history of cancer or genetic mutation carrier status (e.g., BRCA1/2); however, results from studies are inconclusive (15-16). Oral contraceptive use has also been 17associated with a greater risk of certain clinically challenging types of breast tumors (17). Conversely, oral contraceptive use is associated with significant reductions in colorectal, endometrial, and ovarian cancers (11,18-20). A recent systematic review and meta-analysis supports a significant risk reduction for ovarian cancer incidence and mortality associated with the use of oral contraceptives (20)

Currently, From UK Cancer Research:
Does taking the combined pill increase the risk of breast cancer?
Taking the combined pill will slightly increase the risk of breast cancer compared to people who are not taking it. But it’s important to remember that there are other things that have a bigger effect on breast cancer risk. For example, being overweight or obese increases the risk of breast cancer much more than taking the pill does.

When you stop taking the pill, your breast cancer risk stops increasing. About 10 years after stopping, a person’s risk is no longer affected.

By the way, one of these studies is from a Nordic country. Nordic countries have superior data collection and statistics to others for medical purposes. Many medical doctors who do research always quote Nordic studies for their robustness. Many times Nordic countries have shown studies that, later on, are reproduced in other countries as well. The problem with other western countries is also obesity, so that it is difficult to isolate the effect of contraceptives with obesity if most of the women in the study are obese or overweight to begin with.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
Interesting. Some person or people on this forum think that it was Tiffany who had broken up with Tiroy. I never responded with my opinion, because I suspected it was him who had broken up with her, given her 'type' of personality that you now confirm. In videos from years go, Tiffany talked about her breakup, but never said that it was she who had broken up with him. By default, I immediately suspected it was he who had broken up with her, since if it were the contrary, she would have nothing to hide by saying 'I broke up with him because we had too many differences,' or something like that. Tiffany is a very proud person, as most of us are at times, and it would be difficult for anyone to admit on camera that someone else had done the breaking up. So that's my opinion on a subject that was mentioned much earlier in these threads.
Yes in the video we don’t know who broke up with who and initially I though that he broke up with her but it can be the opposite if she met Matt during her relationship with Tiroy maybe she is the one who broke up and doesn’t want to say so … Who knows … So much mystery like the previous mysterious surgeries … And the mysterious dates of appointments … I think the biopsy is/ should be at the end of the week and after the petscan and MRI, like Friday maybe ? And the oh so mysterious treatment plan that we don’t understand but maybe it’s just because she didn’t understand it herself well enough to be able to explain it ??? How long did it take last time for her to get the scans and MRI results ? Here it can be pretty fast ( sometimes the same day). Radiologists can read it pretty quickly if they want/ have the time but maybe they have to speak with the team before telling her anything ? Obviously it might be a bit longer for the biopsy results…

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.