TiffanyThinks #4 TiffanyDrinks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These next scans are gonna be make or break for the future of her youtube channel. I could see a large swath of her subscribers becoming justifiably annoyed if she bullshits us with the doctor's results this time. The number of dislikes she gets nowadays is actually astounding! Even her most loyal fans will be rattled if she doesn't offer a solid explanation of what's going on for the conclusion of the 'wait and watch' period
I was wondering about the dislikes recently too. I think people who express any dissent are either deleted or blocked so the comments don't really reflect what everyone thinks.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It's really difficult because while I feel for her immensely if that's the situation, she has been downright vile to people who tried to tell her this could happen and actually wanted to help save her life. I'm not saying it's karma because noone deserves this, but it's horrific that she could have potentially played a hand in this by refusing to listen to the kindness of the community.
Agree. If you google “Steve Jobs Forbes“ you will get an article about how before he died he admitted that he regretted his magical thinking which led him to reject surgery for 9 months after his diagnosis. He did not have the fast death type of pancreatic cancer. I know a man alive 5 years now since his pancreatic cancer surgery.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Why is it relevant when Matt went to Leeds? For that matter, Matt was in France a few weeks ago. Remember the little box of chocolates she said he had brought back for her, and the single bite she took of one piece? I'd be more interested in why he went to France! Optometry or lense symposium? Surely, he did some sightseeing there.
When Matt went to Leeds, Tiff cancelled because she was due her appointments. With discussions around if Tiff is posting in real time or there's a week or so delay, I was just intrigued if I could see if his trip was current.

Reactions: 8
Agree. If you google “Steve Jobs Forbes“ you will get an article about how before he died he admitted that he regretted his magical thinking which led him to reject surgery for 9 months after his diagnosis. He did not have the fast death type of pancreatic cancer. I know a man alive 5 years now since his pancreatic cancer surgery.
It's no secret that SJ was known for his obsessive behaviour, which had an impact on how he perceived his diagnosis, and treatment thereafter.

If in fact her scans were done last week, I have a feeling she's now finding out the results and they aren't good. We know the tumor is still there. It isn't going away without surgery. Maybe she's been told surgery must be done, no more watching and waiting? I do wonder if she will hold off telling everyone for a while. That's her usual method. She may throw in a happy vlog or two beforehand.
Hopefully she does not disappear off the radar too soon. I'd still like to see her.

Reactions: 9
She was crying sitting outside with Matt waiting to take with the oncologist a couple weeks ago and that was just for a Q n A that she requested.
She hates being reminded she's sick.
Looking at her earliest vlogs when she was 20 the first operation that she mentioned on her stomach that hadn’t healed properly and needed two visits to the hospital to sort out why it wasn’t healing and there was a hole (she said in the wound site) and they told her that the meds she’d been on at that point for 5 years was slowing down the wound healing?..she never said what the op was or the meds..not helpful..she also said that she needed her mum in with her as she always cries when she’s talking to doctors..I think earlier illness and learned helplessness around her health that started then hasn’t changed with Tiffany..I’d love to know what all the op’s that she’s had previously on her stomach before her diagnosis and why did she flag up any of her ops and not say what they were for..it’s none of our business but she put her health in the public domain..so why be so deceptive..as any question on her site about the mystery ops get shut down by her..

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Tiffany replied to a comment asking about her counseling appointment. She said she is on a waiting list. That is sad. I wish she had started counseling when she got her cancer diagnosis so she would have a relationship by now with a counselor. It pains me to watch her videos because of her denial/magical thinking which is the exact opposite of how I handle my health issues (asking the hard questions, researching my diagnosis and treatment options online, and considering seriously all possible outcomes.) I had to stop watching her videos and appreciate Mystic summarizing them here.

Perhaps her unfollowing everyone but her own account on IG has nothing to do with her illness.
In her Midnight & Milk video she mentioned that she's neglected her IG bookclub account, so unfollowing everyone except her own bookclub will drive people to follow it because people will click to see the only account she's following.
She's all about attracting more followers so this might be nothing more than a marketing move.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Perhaps her unfollowing everyone but her own account on IG has nothing to do with her illness.
In her Midnight & Milk video she mentioned that she's neglected her IG bookclub account, so unfollowing everyone except her own bookclub will drive people to follow it because people will click to see the only account she's following.
She's all about attracting more followers so this might be nothing more than a marketing move.
This is brilliant strategy, even at a time like this for her.

Tiffany replied to a comment asking about her counseling appointment. She said she is on a waiting list. That is sad. I wish she had started counseling when she got her cancer diagnosis so she would have a relationship by now with a counselor. It pains me to watch her videos because of her denial/magical thinking which is the exact opposite of how I handle my health issues (asking the hard questions, researching my diagnosis and treatment options online, and considering seriously all possible outcomes.) I had to stop watching her videos and appreciate Mystic summarizing them here.
It is sad. Her mind is not in a good place, and her body is in a different place. She's not chasing hard enough for that mental health appointment, even if there is a waitlist. Not a priority for her at the beginning, and certainly not now. Might be too little too late.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
It's no secret that SJ was known for his obsessive behaviour, which had an impact on how he perceived his diagnosis, and treatment thereafter.

Hopefully she does not disappear off the radar too soon. I'd still like to see her.
If in fact her scans were done last week, I have a feeling she's now finding out the results and they aren't good. We know the tumor is still there. It isn't going away without surgery. Maybe she's been told surgery must be done, no more watching and waiting? I do wonder if she will hold off telling everyone for a while. That's her usual method. She may throw in a happy vlog or two beforehand.
She’s just replied to a comment about getting her pet scan early by saying that she wants to wait until all the results are in before she knows where she stands..and surely if she’d had her biopsies she’d tell instagram that she’s recovering from that in hospital as they said they’d keep her in this time..

Reactions: 6
She’s just replied to a comment about getting her pet scan early by saying that she wants to wait until all the results are in before she knows where she stands..and surely if she’d had her biopsies she’d tell instagram that she’s recovering from that in hospital as they said they’d keep her in this time..
I have brought up this thought before: if the PET showed mets that make her ineligible for surgery then the biopsies might have been cancelled, or cancellation offered to her. I don’t see the point in putting someone through that internal exam under anesthesia again if they are inoperable.

Reactions: 11
I know a man alive almost 10 years after his pancreatic cancer surgery ! A friend of a relative ( I don’t him personally but that is so rare). Wow I didn’t know that Steve Jobs rejected surgery for 9 months …

I have brought up this thought before: if the PET showed mets that make her ineligible for surgery then the biopsies might have been cancelled, or cancellation offered to her. I don’t see the point in putting someone through that internal exam under anesthesia again if they are inoperable.
You can have mets and still get offered the surgery at some point depending on the situation … And if the lungs were not mets, then PET scan will probably/ hopefully show no mets …

Reactions: 5
I understand that a pet scan can light up because of inflammation as well as cancer..so until they do the full range of tests they won’t call it quits so soon..also they won’t want to tell Tiffany at this point if there’s any lit up parts on her scan just yet considering the above reasoning..

This is brilliant strategy, even at a time like this for her.

It is sad. Her mind is not in a good place, and her body is in a different place. She's not chasing hard enough for that mental health appointment, even if there is a waitlist. Not a priority for her at the beginning, and certainly not now. Might be too little too late.
She has enough money to pay for private counselling, so not that sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The MRI would be a pelvic MRI that would only concentrate on whatever is going on with the initial rectal tumor that may or may not still be there. If tumor is present the MRI can show if surrounding tissue/structures such as the vagina and bladder are invaded by the tumor by "direct extension". It also looks for enlarged perirectal nodes. The distant mets would be evaluated by the CT and the PET. I think most hospitals now perform "PET/CTs" that somehow combine these two types of imaging. Unlike Jessica Krock I doubt Tiff will ever share what is actually stated in the reports.
Thank you for this, very informative. She said all of the scans showed no cancer cells, including the MRI. She did not actually say "The MRI showed no cancer cells". She said that the scans showed no cancer cells. Can this be possible whilst still having the T4B tumour inside of her? I know we have already discussed this many times before haha.

She has enough money to pay for private counselling, so not that sad.
Of course, of course, no doubt about that. And I thought I heard marine sweatshirt, it's maroon! My bad guys.

Thank you for this, very informative. She said all of the scans showed no cancer cells, including the MRI. She did not actually say "The MRI showed no cancer cells". She said that the scans showed no cancer cells. Can this be possible whilst still having the T4B tumour inside of her? I know we have already discussed this many times before haha.
Yes, the topic has been discussed to death, resuscitated, and put back on the drawing board. I'm not too sure about scans. I know that the biopsies were not scratched deep enough (her words). The biopsied parts may show that, but what about the non-biopsied areas. It's a grapefruit, to put it in perspective.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I found the part when she tells AMMA TO STOP CRYING!! Yet later on the same video she cries her eyes out!!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
To answer your question, yes, because she was M0 as per the scan results of Oct. 6-ish where Matt was holding the printout which showed T4bN1cM0 CRM+ve. M0 means there is no distant metastasis. However, her tumor remains locally advanced. When she said the scans showed no cancer cells, I believe the interpretation is that there are no distant metastases. However, with her limited vocabulary, she did not pronounce the word 'metastasis'. The earlier scans showed no cancer cells distant from the tumor itself and its 'tentacles'. This is likely what she neglected to say. If, absolutely, there were no cancer cells, she would have been declared NED (no evidence of disease). In her case, the evidence still exists: The T4b tumor.

Last edited:
  • Heart
..and surely if she’d had her biopsies she’d tell instagram that she’s recovering from that in hospital as they said they’d keep her in this time..
She's not very active on Instagram anymore :confused:. She used to update every day and it was much easier to keep track of what real-time events were going on. Eg. During the cdiff episode she made brief updates to Insta stories so you knew that happened within the past 24hrs. She posted quite regularly until the surgery/no surgery debacle.

She seems to have less energy now to do Instagram or just losing interest as she doesn't appear to be active herself either. (It's only really fun if you follow others and she didn't follow many accounts to begin with). Instagram is obviously not monetised so it also makes sense to put all vertical content into Tiktok and YouTube Shorts. Even her Insta bio now directs people to Youtube and Tiktok. Maybe that's why she just unfollowed a lot of accounts because it's not longer intended to be an active outlet.

Reactions: 12
She's not very active on Instagram anymore :confused:. She used to update every day and it was much easier to keep track of what real-time events were going on. Eg. During the cdiff episode she made brief updates to Insta stories so you knew that happened within the past 24hrs. She posted quite regularly until the surgery/no surgery debacle.
Yeah, I don't think Instagram was ever her thing. The only value in it for her is to funnel people who do use it to YT so she can sell stuff.

Yeah, I don't think Instagram was ever her thing. The only value in it for her is to funnel people who do use it to YT so she can sell stuff.
She started actively updating her fans via instagram since c.diff. saga, so that her fans could be easily notified, since she couldn't get the YT vids up then, after asking if they would want that. The overwhelming answers were no surprise. So many social handles, I'm sure it is all too hectic for her to handle.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.