Tiffany Thinks #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't see this ending well for Tiffany and unfortunately I think she and her family being in cuckoo land will be to blame..
So she has to wait another 4-6 weeks or for surgery? What if the tumour grows more and she's totally inoperable? She should have got the surgery in September. Jesus christ.
It's down to the prep involved.

Reactions: 6
She won't answer anyone questioning how some things don't add up

20221106_211509.jpg

But she will reply to the gushing comments

20221106_211532.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
She said surgeon recommend her to wait- I don't believe that. The doctors shouldn't really do this- they should present all options of the treatment, explain pros and cons, but on the end of the day is patient life and patient decision. Not the doctor's.

I think Tiff is not ready for the surgery, and I don't think she will ever be. She is hoping if she closes her eyes gard enough the cancer will go away. But the reality is harsh- as a cancer patient you need to fight for your life. I don't think she is strong enough.

Reactions: 15
She said in her video the surgeon told her she needs to put weight on and start on the milkshakes again. Her sister was reading from notes on her phone that the surgeon advised she needs to try and walk a little, drink water, get a lot of vitamins. Tiffany then followed this up with she needs to eat cheeseburgers and cakes because she needs to be fat.... Literally, clueless.
Witnessing this is literally brain torture.

Reactions: 10
This is a terrible situation. I dread to think what is around the corner.

The surgery is terrifying for her. There will be a long recovery, visible scars, stomas to clean and bags to deal with. She seems squeamish about such things. There will be leaks and mess. Infections and other problems too. Matt looks to be frightened of the future post surgery too.

In addition, this surgery will ensure there is no possibility of Tiffany ever carrying a child, which it seems, she holds as a goal in life.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
What the actual fck did I just watch
I think it would have been more mature to skip the fluff lead up including getting the Auntie on the video chat to watch the opening of some door stop that ended up not working.....I skipped most of it to get to the point of the video. I can't believe in this whole saga this was the first time her sister came to an appointment. She probably finally sees that her sister is not processing this or conveying the info to family correctly and that Matt is clueless.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Also, this might sound bad but I'm getting the feeling that Matt is going to completely bounce after Tiffany has her surgery. Even in today's video after learning that the tumor had grown Matt still made some ignorant comments about the surgeon wanting Tiffany to live her life without surgery because the operation will be 12 hours. I also found it odd when he made the same type of comments in the 'No Surgery' vid, saying that not having to have surgery would be 'brilliant' even though there was a risk that Tiffany would become inoperable if they waited. He doesn't seem interested in prolonging her life at all as though he'd rather keep her as she is until the cancer takes her. The fact that he's so fixated on Tiffany avoiding the surgery tells me that he is worried about not feeling attracted to her once everything has been reconstructed down there and he doesn't want to be 'trapped' with her when he's young enough to find someone else.
This is so sad but probably true. I also got this impression from the 'no surgery' vid. When I first watched her channel, I thought she was so lucky to have so many people around to support her. But they're just a bunch of enablers and no good for her.

Has she ever mentioned having counselling, as this will have been offered to her at The Marsden? I understand she must be so scared, but she really needs to speak to someone and work on getting over this fear or denial (or whatever it is)

Reactions: 10
I don't see a positive outcome for her at this point. The surgery, IF it is performed at all, may buy her some time, but I don't think her cancer can be cured. I highly doubt she will open her eyes to the truth either.

• Sad
This is a terrible situation. I dread to think what is around the corner.

The surgery is terrifying for her. There will be a long recovery, visible scars, stomas to clean and bags to deal with. She seems squeamish about such things. There will be leaks and mess. Infections and other problems too. Matt looks to be frightened of the future post surgery too.

In addition, this surgery will ensure there is no possibility of Tiffany ever carrying a child, which it seems, she holds as a goal in life.
And of top of all that, there are also mortality and big morbidity rates in such serious surgeries. Surgeon abbility and expertise is of mayor importance. And no guarantee of a cure either. There is lymph involvement and metastasis might appear even after such mayor surgery. Noone should go through this hell, young or old. Very sad situation.

Wow, I seem to be disagreeing with folks like crazy today but, so be it. See a lot of criticism of her diet choices. Seriously, folks...this is not the time for just tofu and green smoothies. This woman needs to bulk up and build strength and resistance in order to withstand a massive hit. What do you think power lifters and most young champion athletes eat? Yeah, rib eye, milk shakes, big macs, fries, heavy vitamin and mineral protein shakes etc. etc. etc. Not the time to be concerned about your cholesterol. Gonna be tricky with the current state of her lower digestive system. I hope she can withstand it.

• Heart
She said surgeon recommend her to wait- I don't believe that. The doctors shouldn't really do this- they should present all options of the treatment, explain pros and cons, but on the end of the day is patient life and patient decision. Not the doctor's.

I think Tiff is not ready for the surgery, and I don't think she will ever be. She is hoping if she closes her eyes gard enough the cancer will go away. But the reality is harsh- as a cancer patient you need to fight for your life. I don't think she is strong enough.
I do believe that surgeon told her he recommended "watch and wait". I did some research as have others. This is a valid protocol and she met the criteria including her age. While a risk it can work given the life altering surgery is the other option. He did not work in this case. He gave her the choices...he said he would do the surgery if she chose that. I think also Dr. was hoping that during the 8 weeks she would gain some weight so that if surgery was the option she would have a better chance of success. I am concerned he is not 100% comfortable right now unless she does gain the weight and strength.

He didn't give her hope. She misinterpreted his words completely by thinking that she was suddenly cancer free. He gave her 3 choices (one of them surgery) and she chose to watch and wait. Yes she told us that he recommended to watch and wait but we don't know if that is true.
I agree. Why wait again?! She has already waited enough. She has always been told that her cancer was aggressive. I guess the surgeon just wants to check for clear margins?
My specialization is not surgery nor oncology. But in my opinion he shouldn't have presented this option at all. Now we can see it was just waist of time, a lot of nerv and risking metastasis. If you haven't go through cancer yourself don't know how cancer patients think.
I don't know why he insists for biopsy again. First time he missed the cancer. Probably because of the narrowing. It gave her false hope. She was repeating "there was no cancer cells in biopsy". Second attempt was useless.
Clear margins are determined intraoperative during surgery by frozen sections and after surgery all material send to pathology and pathologist confirm again.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
That relationship with Matt won't last. He is 32, everyone is getting married and having children. No way he was in a 5 years relationship with T, it was early days when she got cancer. If he was my son, I would say think about what you get yourself up to.. Matt AND Tiffany should go to counseling not only T. He has no clue what the impact is on their lives.

Next time she sees "her" surgeon she should just take a neighbor with her, or some random person she picks off the street;

• Haha
Reactions: 15
i wish i hadnt watched this video and will be stopping watching her. It's very frightening and distressing
I was also really upset by her comment about being young. It's terrible at any age. She is young yes, but she still has a mum and she has a partner and a huge family. I know middle aged people without a partner and no children who have come home after surgery to an empty house and no one really to look after them. Also you see little old ladies having chemo and getting the bus home because they have no one.
I feel really sorry for her but the videos make me really anxious and i can't watch anymore

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
i wish i hadnt watched this video and will be stopping watching her. It's very frightening and distressing
I was also really upset by her comment about being young. It's terrible at any age. She is young yes, but she still has a mum and she has a partner and a huge family. I know middle aged people without a partner and no children who have come home after surgery to an empty house and no one really to look after them. Also you see little old ladies having chemo and getting the bus home because they have no one.
I feel really sorry for her but the videos make me really anxious and i can't watch anymore
I have questioned if I should watch myself. I have had a bought with cancer...must more contained and surgery took care of it but once you have had this happen you are constantly worried about it coming back somewhere else. This channel gives me stress too. Like a train wreck. It is so different from anything I experienced that it seems okay but I too have considered not watching anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I wonder why the surgeron didn't tell her to get srong and start eating well in September, just in case she will need surgery in 6 weeks. Or maybe he told her and she ignored it.
I think she have had the same approach to this as she have made to her whole disease process. When you do not think and talk about it, it is not there. 🤯

• Wow
You are not alone. I am here for the same reason - it was upsetting to me to watch the videos. I’m sure there are quite a few people here who are the same. Here we can get summaries of the videos and share our emotions.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I feel like I'm watching Eugenia Cooneys decline, there's nothing you can say or do because she doesn't want to hear it.
Thought I was the only one seeing parallels between Eugenia and Tiffany! Even the childlike voice and persona that gets put on. So eerie and sad yet makes me want to pull my hair out.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.