Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it just me or have corporations unanimously decided to start pushing Christmas on the 1st of November this year? I remember it seeping in around the 15th in previous years. It’s the first Christmas without Covid restrictions for the last few years, so maybe they’re trying to drum up sales. There’s a lot of forced 1ST NOVEMBER MEANS CHRISTMAS communications
I’ve noticed it too it just feels way too early. Halloween has barely finished and everyone’s rushing to put up their Christmas decs, it ends up dragging on and feeling like a slog especially for those of us who don’t enjoy Christmas and struggle this time of year.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve noticed it too it just feels way too early. Halloween has barely finished and everyone’s rushing to put up their Christmas decs, it ends up dragging on and feeling like a slog especially for those of us who don’t enjoy Christmas and struggle this time of year.
this!!! I hate it! Especially this year, with all that's going on. I just feel like it's being shoved even more down our throats

Reactions: 10
Is it just me or have corporations unanimously decided to start pushing Christmas on the 1st of November this year? I remember it seeping in around the 15th in previous years. It’s the first Christmas without Covid restrictions for the last few years, so maybe they’re trying to drum up sales. There’s a lot of forced 1ST NOVEMBER MEANS CHRISTMAS communications
Literally! It is the absolute worst. I cannot cope with having to listen and look at it all for the next 7 weeks. It bleeping destroys Christmas.

Reactions: 9
That stupid stick out your leg pose , I like home bargains ( don't judge 😅) but today they have had the most desperate wannabes taking over their account and every single one of them has done that pose 🤢
I want to gauge my eyes out whenever I see anyone do that leg kick or the peace sign with there fingers!!!
Or people who kiss the product or bottle in there hands!! 😩😩😩😩

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Literally! It is the absolute worst. I cannot cope with having to listen and look at it all for the next 7 weeks. It bleeping destroys Christmas.
I’ve seen less about sodding Black Friday so maybe it’s a blessing in disguise :) Guess people won’t be able to afford Black Friday with the price rises so no point in promoting it, but Christmas is more essential to buy things for (No problem not doing so of course)

Reactions: 5
And if it wasn't for the pushing of Halloween it would probably be before the first, there cannot be any time now in which it is not some kind of celebration

Reactions: 3
Does anybody know of a plumber who could help us out this afternoon? We have no hot water!!
Thanks! — looking for recommendations.

Yes hold on, we all have access to all the local plumbers diaries! 🙄. RING AROUND FFS!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I want to gauge my eyes out whenever I see anyone do that leg kick or the peace sign with there fingers!!!
Or people who kiss the product or bottle in there hands!! 😩😩😩😩
As someone born in the early 70s can all with kids tell them it's cringe?

Reactions: 2
Not even Bonfire Night and I've seen a Christmas tree in a bay window.

• Haha
Does anybody know of a plumber who could help us out this afternoon? We have no hot water!!
Thanks! — looking for recommendations.

Yes hold on, we all have access to all the local plumbers diaries! 🙄. RING AROUND FFS!
Oh this pisses me off so much. Are people really so lazy that they can’t Google some people and make some phone calls, they just want to sit back and have tradespeople call them?

I saw a post this week asking for driving instructors to get in touch if they had availability. Pick up the phone FFS 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’ve made a decision to duck it all off and go back to basics this year. Thoughtful small gifts for a few family members and indulge myself in their company instead. I refuse to be sucked into the consumerism this year no matter how hard idiot influencers and big companies try to shove it down my throat. It’s everywhere and each year I end up with Christmas fatigue by 25th December. You’re right, it does destroy Christmas and places far too much pressure on people.

I hate the way influencers (who are generally gifted most stuff) are affiliating links to line their own greedy pockets.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Anti vaxxers, I blocked one today on a thread started by a friend who just had
her Covid booster. I mentioned I had both Covid and Flu, this moron popped
up and "informed" us we were wasting our time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Anti vaxxers, I blocked one today on a thread started by a friend who just had
her Covid booster. I mentioned I had both Covid and Flu, this moron popped
up and "informed" us we were wasting our time.
Makes my blood boil. Politics too. I've cleaned out so much on social media & it's much better now 😀

Reactions: 5
Birthday = 1 day, not a whole week
Halloween = 1 day, not the whole month of October
Christmas = 1 day, not the whole months of November and December

Reactions: 20
Influencers linking things they haven't even brought...

Tik tok f#cking shop! Since when did it become QVC... I miss the old tik tok

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.