Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saw a story on a local news website today about a girl biting into a Curly Wurly to find a razor blade embedded inside. It was sooooo fake. How does one open the wrapper, hide the blade (so it can’t be seen at all once unwrapped) and then reseal?

I swear someone took the urban myth and decided to run with it for a bit of attention.
They've always done the rounds. Urban Myths & Shaggy Dog stories

Reactions: 2
"To the person who parked like a dick in front of my car this morning" ...um unless they're on your friends list they are probably not going to see this message 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 21
"To the person who parked like a dick in front of my car this morning" ...um unless they're on your friends list they are probably not going to see this message 🙈
My Facebook is filled with this, and photos will the number plates blurred out. If you actually want to shame the person at least leave them in 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Totally pointless status updates EG my lovely daughter is away with her school. She’s had a great day hiking and climbing, now in her pyjamas around the campfire toasting marshmallows! Love her.”
No. One. Cares. Send that to close family so they’re updated, but leave the rest of us out of it!

Also - I don’t know what your child wants for Christmas! I can guess what mine want, because I know them, but random stranger’s child? Nope. No idea.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I detect some jealously here.
Yeah, that’s it. We’re all jealous of hairy blokes who try to co-opt femaleness for kicks but end up looking like Dobby the bleeping House elf (Dylan Mulvaney, I’m looking at you.)

Men will NEVER be us. Never. They can try all they like. Not sorry.

~ carefully steps down and puts away soap box ~

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
These plus local FB group posts “to the person who hit my car this morning, I have your registration plate. You have until tomorrow to come forward.”

Just ring your bleeping insurance company you sad attention seeker!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Ours at the moment if full of mad bastards moaning about cats being hit by cars

“im disgusted that someone hit this cat and didn’t stop/didn’t move it off the road” etc

🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Ours at the moment if full of mad bastards moaning about cats being hit by cars

“im disgusted that someone hit this cat and didn’t stop/didn’t move it off the road” etc

🥴
I don’t even know what they expect ppl to do? Like ignoring the fact ppl may be going to work or have kids in the car so can’t park up to go touch road kill but if you have the time….. like I’d love one of these lot to explain what they’d want us to do? Do we have to scrape it up and put it in our boot and go door to door like a police officer? Go take it to the vets? Are they carrying equipment in their boot just in case to do this cos mine is carpeted? 😳

Like even if you’re okay handling the crushed body of an animal the smell that must leave in ur car???

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I don’t even know what they expect ppl to do? Like ignoring the fact ppl may be going to work or have kids in the car so can’t park up to go touch road kill but if you have the time….. like I’d love one of these lot to explain what they’d want us to do? Do we have to scrape it up and put it in our boot and go door to door like a police officer? Go take it to the vets? Are they carrying equipment in their boot just in case to do this cos mine is carpeted? 😳

Like even if you’re okay handling the crushed body of an animal the smell that must leave in ur car???
They seem to expect people to stop, pick up dead cat and then go door to door looking for said cats owners…..! Mentalists!!!!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 3

Isn't it a bit of a human decency if you run a small pet over to not just leave in the middle of the road for other cars to run it over too? If one of ours has gone missing I would like to know what happened and know for sure they're gone so being able to find them/identify them. So I think a decent thing is to take it to the nearest vets or at least move it off the road onto the side/pavement if you're in such a rush you can't stop for a moment. Sure everyone has a spare carrier bag and an antibac gel in their car!

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Isn't it a bit of a human decency if you run a small pet over to not just leave in the middle of the road for other cars to run it over too? If one of ours has gone missing I would like to know what happened and know for sure they're gone so being able to find them/identify them. So I think a decent thing is to take it to the nearest vets or at least move it off the road onto the side/pavement if you're in such a rush you can't stop for a moment. Sure everyone has a spare carrier bag and an antibac gel in their car!
It's not always safe or easy in practice to do what you suggest. I don't want a knock on the door telling me my husband is dead because he got hit by a car sorting a dead cat out on a busy road.
Also I'm not going to get out of my car in the dark when I'm on my own or when I have my young son in the back leaving him alone in the car. It's easy to wave the human decency flag but there are other things to consider re safety.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yeah it’d be lovely and kind and compassionate to reunite a bereft pet owner with their crushed loved one heaped into a M&S bag for life but I don’t think it’s something I could physically do. Hand gel isn’t sufficient to clean yourself after contact with an animal full stop let alone a bloody one sorry to say, and I dread to think of the smell? You’d need your entire car valeted?

Re “in such a rush” - if I’m driving I’ll likely have a toddler in the car so yeah too busy to care sorry. Other people don’t have the luxury of time - imagine being a nurse turning up late to your shift cos you were doing this?

Like sorry to be heartless but surely this is the risk of having outside pets? It’s so sad and yeah cars are super damaging to animals but it’s sadly a risk you have to take?

• Angry
Reactions: 8
No I don’t carry spare bags or anti bac gel in my car! If a stupid cat runs out into the road and I clip it then I’m not stopping. Sorry not sorry.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 7

If it was nearby, and not a busy road, I would go get a small spade from home and move it off the road, then post on FB so that the owner would know? Think it does depend if you’ve actually run it over, then I feel you should at least try and move it if it’s safe and practical.

Reactions: 4
Yeah it’d be lovely and kind and compassionate to reunite a bereft pet owner with their crushed loved one heaped into a M&S bag for life but I don’t think it’s something I could physically do. Hand gel isn’t sufficient to clean yourself after contact with an animal full stop let alone a bloody one sorry to say, and I dread to think of the smell? You’d need your entire car valeted?

Re “in such a rush” - if I’m driving I’ll likely have a toddler in the car so yeah too busy to care sorry. Other people don’t have the luxury of time - imagine being a nurse turning up late to your shift cos you were doing this?

Like sorry to be heartless but surely this is the risk of having outside pets? It’s so sad and yeah cars are super damaging to animals but it’s sadly a risk you have to take?
The best thing to do is to call local authorities and they will pick up the cat. Agree there's no point taking a dead cat in your car. I think though when the cat is alive, that would be human decency as it could still be saved.

Though there are some mental people on my local FB group too. There is a 50mph road where cats sometimes get run over and some people post "something must be done about these maniacs driving" 🤣 yeah it's definitely the drivers fault that cats run out on the road without warning and definitely a great idea to break harshly on a busy road to avoid it lol. people should just not let their cats out or cat proof their gardens and let them out there if they care so much. I don't let mine out for that reason- bound to be run over basically

The best thing to do is to call local authorities and they will pick up the cat. Agree there's no point taking a dead cat in your car. I think though when the cat is alive, that would be human decency as it could still be saved.

Though there are some mental people on my local FB group too. There is a 50mph road where cats sometimes get run over and some people post "something must be done about these maniacs driving" 🤣 yeah it's definitely the drivers fault that cats run out on the road without warning and definitely a great idea to break harshly on a busy road to avoid it lol. people should just not let their cats out or cat proof their gardens and let them out there if they care so much. I don't let mine out for that reason- bound to be run over basically
I agree with calling the council who can safely remove it & even wash their hands with running water and soap after. Sadly with how badly funded councils are atm I can’t imagine anyone getting through to anyone or anyone coming anytime soon 😬

Good luck getting anyone from the council to come to pick up a dead cat!!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
I agree with calling the council who can safely remove it & even wash their hands with running water and soap after. Sadly with how badly funded councils are atm I can’t imagine anyone getting through to anyone or anyone coming anytime soon 😬
Yeah probably depends where you are, I think they get picked up quite quick around mine. to be fair it might be the owners who see the post on FB groups so it's probably worth posting to be fair. Though agree people always get people angry at them cause they didn't pick it up!

Reactions: 1

They don't start to smell they moment they're run over, a decomposing body starts to smell and that takes hours/days depending on the conditions.

Surely if you're driving and have a job that has a specific start time (I had that) you allow a little bit of extra time for emergencies such as traffic, getting stuck behind the bin truck, temporary traffic lights etc?

They don't start to smell they moment they're run over, a decomposing body starts to smell and that takes hours/days depending on the conditions.

Surely if you're driving and have a job that has a specific start time (I had that) you allow a little bit of extra time for emergencies such as traffic, getting stuck behind the bin truck, temporary traffic lights etc?
Besides the point. Bottom line - most people aren’t picking up some random dead cat. I’m certainly not picking up some dead cat and putting it in my car!!!!

• Heart
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.