Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would find this so scary as a child tbh
This is one of the reason gentle parenting advice advises against doing it, one of the reasons being the fear it instills and the other big one for me tbh is trying to use Christmas to modify behaviour/extrinsic motivation. If anyone wants to read more on this and think about elf’s role in ur house this is a good starting point

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The whole bounty being taken out of some boxes of celebrations …. The horror!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The whole bounty being taken out of some boxes of celebrations …. The horror!
I don't like bountys but besides the point celebrations aren't that great anyway too small. Hero's are way better 🤣

Reactions: 5
I feel safe here 😌 Christmas starting in November is bleeping insanity. Do these people have nothing else to look forward to?

Reactions: 14
Why do people feel the need to post every single life event big or small on SM. I’ve been to a couple of wedding where it feels like it’s just for Instagram content instead of marrying the person you love, currently a relative is posting a shedload of pictures of her bare bump every other day and every occasion seems to need a stupid balloon arch, everyone’s suddenly an interior designer.It’s like any occasion that can be used to brag/ show how popular or cool you are is content strung out over 3 days. Feel like saying “you do not need a balloon arch because someone installed you a kitchen that is going to be out of style in 2 years time. Just enjoy your kitchen quietly”

• Haha
Reactions: 20
A mum posting a photo of her kids with the caption “The only ones who have heard my heart beat on the inside”. WTF?? 🤢🤮🤢 Get over yourself love.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
My friends mum has shared a post warning people not to share photos of children in school uniform, or what city you live in, not to add people you don’t know on Facebook etc, all because of child trafficking (valid points). The next day she posts a photo of her grandson in his school uniform, which is public and not even shared with just friends 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I would find this so scary as a child tbh
I’ve watched too many horror films about toys coming alive and trying to murder people so I still find them scary as an adult 😂.
Making people an absolute fortune though I’m seeing Elf breakfast box being advertised.

Reactions: 2
I feel safe here 😌 Christmas starting in November is bleeping insanity. Do these people have nothing else to look forward to?
I know people.who basically count down until Xmas from June ".... Sundays until Xmas!" For months on end, ridiculous

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
People that go to the checkout till, get items scanned and realize they have forgotten something and saunter off down the aisle(s) whilst other shoppers fume and wait inline. :mad: If this happens again, I'm afraid of what I will do....police will inevitably be called.
As the cashier who's waiting whilst a huge queue builds up and people are looking at you as if it's your fault it's horrible. Really gets on my nerves. Then they come back and apologise to everyone and stand there talking about how they only came in for one thing and almost forgot it whilst packing really slowly. 😭

Just realised that's nothing to do with social media but it still does my head in.

• Heart
As the cashier who's waiting whilst a huge queue builds up and people are looking at you as if it's your fault it's horrible. Really gets on my nerves. Then they come back and apologise to everyone and stand there talking about how they only came in for one thing and almost forgot it whilst packing really slowly. 😭

Just realised that's nothing to do with social media but it still does my head in.
I know I posted it in the wrong thread. 😳

Me again, back so soon.

Smug Instagram/TikTok accounts showing how they managed to renovate their 5 bedroom house for £50 because they did the plastering/electrics/kitchen fitting themselves. It makes me irrationally angry because I don’t know one end of a screwdriver from the other and none of my friends have practical skills to save me a small fortune

Me again, back so soon.

Smug Instagram/TikTok accounts showing how they managed to renovate their 5 bedroom house for £50 because they did the plastering/electrics/kitchen fitting themselves. It makes me irrationally angry because I don’t know one end of a screwdriver from the other and none of my friends have practical skills to save me a small fortune
This is up there with smug 18 year olds who’ve “bought” a £750K flat in London and try to act like they were able to afford it by cancelling a gym membership and shopping in Lidl.

Reactions: 16
Pretty much everything about social media makes me feel quite sick to be honest. I hate it and got rid of Facebook and Instagram, now I live happily without having to see such crap .

Reactions: 16
Pretty much everything about social media makes me feel quite sick to be honest. I hate it and got rid of Facebook and Instagram, now I live happily without having to see such crap .
It’s just platforms for influencers to brag now! Eurgh, hate that word (influencer) 🤮

• Heart
Reactions: 5
People calling themselves a life coach when it's all an undercover pyramid scheme

• Wow
Reactions: 11
So many ads / gifted shite , it's like we can not think for ourselves any more .
I let go of facebook years ago and now Instagram has gone too. It is too much

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.