Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn't it a bit of a human decency if you run a small pet over to not just leave in the middle of the road for other cars to run it over too? If one of ours has gone missing I would like to know what happened and know for sure they're gone so being able to find them/identify them. So I think a decent thing is to take it to the nearest vets or at least move it off the road onto the side/pavement if you're in such a rush you can't stop for a moment. Sure everyone has a spare carrier bag and an antibac gel in their car!
Yeh I hve cats and I would be devastated if this happened to them, of course, but even worse would be the not knowing, common decency would be go take it to a vet so they can see if it has a chip and contact the owners

Reactions: 7
They don't start to smell they moment they're run over, a decomposing body starts to smell and that takes hours/days depending on the conditions.

Surely if you're driving and have a job that has a specific start time (I had that) you allow a little bit of extra time for emergencies such as traffic, getting stuck behind the bin truck, temporary traffic lights etc?
I don’t have a job that has a specific start time I just have compassion for those in precarious employment situations or shift workers who don’t have the luxury of time.

I’m sorry but living animals stink so I’m not gonna put a dead one in my boot 🤢

• Sad
Reactions: 3
They don't start to smell they moment they're run over, a decomposing body starts to smell and that takes hours/days depending on the conditions.

Surely if you're driving and have a job that has a specific start time (I had that) you allow a little bit of extra time for emergencies such as traffic, getting stuck behind the bin truck, temporary traffic lights etc?
Dealing with a squished cat isn't an emergency though, surely?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I detect some jealously here.
Oh yea...so jealous lol. I just don't like handmaidens tripping over themselves to praise deluded men when they don't give half the energy to fellow women.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Mainly in those rate my plate type groups. Someone’s posted a picture of a dish and there’s a pack of lurpak in the shot:

“Did you win the lottery”
“Bet you remortgaged the house to buy that”

everything’s gone up, it’s a fiver - you’re not going to get into debt over it. And if you are other butters are available . Which they also like to remind us:

“I buy norpak it tastes the exact same”

duck off🤬 😅😅

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Make up artists who edit their pictures or use filters

Mum/Dad, it’s been x year since you left us…insert long drawn out tribute. I’ve seen 2 of these in as many days, my parents are both dead but I don’t post messages on Facebook written to them because they aren’t alive to read it and even if they were, neither of them were on Facebook. I do think about them on the date but i just don’t get why they need to post about it. Today’s one has the same photo as it does every year on Mother’s Day, birthday and today, it’s a really creepy looking old vignette style photo which looks like it was around the time coloured photographs were invented. It always makes me think of horror movies.
people who write status’ to their kids on Facebook. They are 4. They don’t have it 🙈

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
There is someone on my fb who has made a profile for her dog, and she writes every post on the dog page like this, as if it's the dog speaking. It makes me want to bleach my eyes
Anyone who posts like this pretending to be the
Voice of an animal is a bleeping nut job and needs help.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
There is someone on my fb who has made a profile for her dog, and she writes every post on the dog page like this, as if it's the dog speaking. It makes me want to bleach my eyes
I would have to block them. I only got through the first line or two.

674F7982-393F-4EF3-BBD9-5E6CE3010A9D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
People’s disgusting attitudes when they’re visiting other countries. There’s some local lads I follow on IG and they’ve gone to Thailand, their antics so far have included going to “lady boy” bars, walking around putting their arms round people and laughing at them. Captioning snaps outside said bars, “Waiting outside for ____ to finish.”:sick: Gambling on 8 year old boy boxing matches. Pissing themselves over little kids being taken for rides on the front of motorbikes/mopeds. Going to see poor captive elephants (well maybe they are rescues idk) and messing around with the poor animals. One of the lads has got a tattoo of elephant ears and eyes on his, ahem, lower stomach so of course that lead to a hilarious photo of him next to an actual elephant :(
Lady boy bars and cabaret shows are popular in Thailand - it’s all for tourists. It’s nothing unusual for western tourists to go to the shows?
Why are you following them if you don’t like what they are posting?

Reactions: 1
I have an old workmate who did this on IG. Not sure if she still does, I must have hidden her posts

• Haha
Reactions: 2
christmas everywhere just duck off it’s only november!
I cannot cope with 7 weeks of Mariah Carey warbling everywhere or the of pics of twats in matching pyjamas on my news feed 😩 😩 😩
#itsbeginingtolookalotlikeshutup

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Oh my god the cunts in matching pyjamas are coming 😭
And the mountains of presents with the caption something along the lines of “i work hard all year round so my wee Jayden can have whatever he likes, don’t judge.”
We’re ALL judging you, just gtf. ✌🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 22
People who turn every single interest/hobby/side hustle/pet into an Instagram account. One of my friend's and their partner have easily 10 Instagram accounts between them. Who has the time!! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
People who turn every single interest/hobby/side hustle/pet into an Instagram account. One of my friend's and their partner have easily 10 Instagram accounts between them. Who has the time!! :ROFLMAO:
I know someone like this and she has her finger in so many bloody pies. She also posts constantly and is never off social media, everything’s all for show. I had to remove her from my friend’s list it was exhausting and that’s just from reading about it all.

Reactions: 6
christmas everywhere just duck off it’s only november!
I cannot cope with 7 weeks of Mariah Carey warbling everywhere or the of pics of twats in matching pyjamas on my news feed 😩 😩 😩
#itsbeginingtolookalotlikeshutup
Is it just me or have corporations unanimously decided to start pushing Christmas on the 1st of November this year? I remember it seeping in around the 15th in previous years. It’s the first Christmas without Covid restrictions for the last few years, so maybe they’re trying to drum up sales. There’s a lot of forced 1ST NOVEMBER MEANS CHRISTMAS communications

• Heart
Reactions: 10
That stupid stick out your leg pose , I like home bargains ( don't judge 😅) but today they have had the most desperate wannabes taking over their account and every single one of them has done that pose 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.