Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When ppl put "I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy" 🙄🤔 erm what planet you on??? if its your worse enemy of course you wish it on them 🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
People’s kids at cheer competitions. I must have 6 or 7 fb friends who spend all of their weekends travelling up and down the country so their daughters can wear sparkly black outfits and ribbons in their hair. And they all win. It seems every person, with kids in different cheer schools, posts pics of medals and cups. It’s become the new passion for kids and you know, yay them, go for it, live your best life. But why must it be over shared on Fb every two minutes?!? My kids dance and go to theatre school and swimming, I don’t post them every week because *spoiler alert* very few people care that much about other people’s kids!

Reactions: 17
When a celeb passes away and anyone who is famous and associated with that person is called out or questioned if they don't post a social media tribute to them right away. I remember Michael B Jordan and Lupita Nyong'o waited a bit after Chadwick Boseman before posting anything about his death. They obviously were still processing their grief and loss, but believe me there were plenty of trolls calling them out and wondering why they didn't add to the public mourning.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
People using the word “woke”. 😭 it’s always the daily Mail readers on Twitter. They see something they don’t like and it’s automatically “woke”. They can’t see how bloody stupid they sound. I never want to hear that word again 😭

Reactions: 15
Anything that sexualises young girls. I’m sorry but your three-year-old doesn’t need to be in full makeup with Marilyn Monroe curls for the local dance competition down at the community centre.

• Sick
Reactions: 28
When a celeb passes away and anyone who is famous and associated with that person is called out or questioned if they don't post a social media tribute to them right away. I remember Michael B Jordan and Lupita Nyong'o waited a bit after Chadwick Boseman before posting anything about his death. They obviously were still processing their grief and loss, but believe me there were plenty of trolls calling them out and wondering why they didn't add to the public mourning.
The comedian Limmy puts out the same tweet with each celebrity death, being : “I had the pleasure of meeting [insert name] at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny”

News outlets pick his quotes up all the time and use them without irony.

i struggle with when someone well known dies and people race to share the same photo from wherever with “RIP -one single tear emoji” it’s a bit trite isn’t it? You can be sad, you don’t have to perform it.

Reactions: 6
when you ask a question and say I've tried x, y and z and someone suggests one of the things you've tried.

Reactions: 7
People posting pictures of their sick childen on Facebook, when you know fine well the parent wouldn't dare put a pic on of themselves if they were ill.

Just no need at all!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
X understood the assignment.

Protect X at all costs.

An associate constantly posting pics of stuff she has collected from others to donate to charity. Also people congratulating her on it. She doesn't give anything herself.

The word "mama" seems to have replaced "mum".

My mum commenting nastily on FB posts about plus sized people, (mostly women), with comments that people over certain sizes shouldn't wear xyz or even just the words, "yuck" or "NO!".

(Curiously I am a plus sized woman and I am in therapy because of her and my dad. Going no contact is on the cards. It is very telling because she is a social media dunce and has no idea I can see it all).

• Sad
Reactions: 16
People posting pictures of their sick childen on Facebook, when you know fine well the parent wouldn't dare put a pic on of themselves if they were ill.

Just no need at all!
Sadly social media is a dream platform for attention seeking, exploitative parents, look at vloggers, their poor kids have zero privacy. I wish SM was regulated and anyone who is classed as vulnerable for whatever reason, was better protected

Just been watching a vlog from 'Real mums club' on YouTube,, vlogging whilst driving, concentrating on the canera rather than the road, no hands on the steering wheel because she's either dancing or using hand gestures whilst talking. I don't understand how she edited the vlog, saw how dangerous her behaviour was whilst driving and thought it was a good idea to leave the footage in. Rebecca Lamb is another one for this, too busy showing off on camera whilst driving her Range Rover, which interestingly has bald tyres(she loves posting pictures of her 'sexy Rangey', but isn't bright enough to realise her tyres aren't even legal. Also when either her or her partner drinks and drives, more often than not with the kids in the car, they think nothing of posting the footage. Vloggers seriously need to be held accountable for their behaviour.

Last edited:
  • Sad
I absolutely love Kate Bush Running Up That Hill but I’m sick of seeing it EVERYWHERE now because of Stranger Things 🐱

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I absolutely love Kate Bush Running Up That Hill but I’m sick of seeing it EVERYWHERE now because of Stranger Things 🐱
My partner said the same, I'm praying it's not in series 5 whenever that appears

Reactions: 1
I can’t watch Kate Bush. She makes me cringe so much with her awful gurning and shrieking. I will never understand her popularity.

• Haha
  • Sad
The "news story" that keeps popping up of a single mum with a 1 year old. She buys him expensive stuff, such as a £50 t shirt and he has a gold dummy.

Reactions: 8
Bloody holiday ‘airport outfit ideas’reels!
Like I’m going on a bleeping plane to sit for hours and when I get off the other end I’m getting straight into my bikini!!
Not rocket science to just wear something comfy and why do people care so much!!
Since when did we all become incapable of dressing ourselves??!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.