Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is mainly TikTok and to a certain extent Instagram, but people who have presumably just got their nails done talking with their hands unnecessarily or holding things in an obviously forced and uncomfortable way to show off their nails. Great, you got your nails done, we get it. That video of James Charles in the airport is a prime example - his hand movements overshadow everything else in the video and really piss me off for some reason!

Reactions: 4
Random "hack" videos like this that teach you pointless tips that waste materials.

Screenshot_2022-06-29-20-18-55-86_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’ve never seen Community but this is every “Sue from Facebook” ever.

Obsessed with sharing articles about animal cruelty with the caption “prison is 2 good for em - lock me in a room with em for ten minutesxxx” but never expresses the slightest concern about any mistreatment of actual human beings.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
I can't stand reading posts from mothers who think their child is at the centre of the universe.

"I won't force anyone to be in her life -- don't blame me if she grows up and doesn't remember you!"

First of all, your child is 6 months old... nobody has time to attend her picnic on a Wednesday morning.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
TikTok dancing, they’re no better than the Macarena or that Kylie ‘can’t get you out of my head’ dance we repeated over and over. I find myself watching them to see if they vary and it all looks the same and they always have a deranged expression doing them 🤮

Reactions: 9
Anything to do with horoscopes...
Like there will be a post about the top 10 characteristics of a Gemini and there will be comments like yes , 100% me, Geminis are the best , #teamgemini etc..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
TikTok dancing, they’re no better than the Macarena or that Kylie ‘can’t get you out of my head’ dance we repeated over and over. I find myself watching them to see if they vary and it all looks the same and they always have a deranged expression doing them 🤮
TikTok in general
It needs to go now
I don’t want to read anymore stories about challenges gone wrong and people have been left hurt ,injured or dead
Just the story of that poor boy Alfie who has been left brain dead trying to do the black out challenge and his poor mum has lost the court fight to keep his life support machine on
Now I know people do silly stuff all the time with or without social media etc but having a platform like TikTok is just encouraging it more and not helping the situation with these stupid deathly challenges

Reactions: 12
1656606894929.png
I disagree sorry. Linkedin isn't the right platform for that. For me it's actually quite selfish as you're burying the posts of someone looking for/advertising a job which for both parties would really improve their mental health and potentially save lives- I'm sure they're going through stuff too

Reactions: 7
That’s my favourite one so far!!
It’s one step up from those readers top tips that you see in take a break magazine and the like
Have a look at ‘Take a shite’ page on FB, It collates the worst sent in tips that actually got published. Pretty funny

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I know it’s been said before but holiday countdowns on Facebook, but they’re daily. I’m probably looking forward to their holiday more than they are so they shut the duck up about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Comments such as “I’m sure people of Ukraine would love that to be the thing you’re worried about” or how we should be worried about x (normally Ukraine atm) more than y

I’m not entirely sure Ukrainians have the time to be worried about what Susan from Facebook worries about. Though maybe it weakens the thoughts and prayers Susan has been sending?

22-07-01-18-33-54-034_deco.jpg

Things like this where someone talks about current events being a TV episode. It's not funny, ironic, or "social commentary"; it just makes you sound a prick

Unfunny jokes about “the intern” posting something on a brand’s social media account.

Social media is the biggest means of PR, branding, customer service etc for multinational companies. The notion that they are letting interns go fast and loose with the Twitter account or Facebook page is very 2008.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.