Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please don’t come for me
But a little bit sick of seeing prom pics
Just my opinion
Yeah and it’s the parents posting them for approval? The child feels insecure enough with attention from their peers :( And they know the parent wouldn’t post them if they looked unattractive, so it’s kind of cementing that the parent values them for their looks :(

Reactions: 4
I hate the whole prom thing. Way to make all the shy, insecure, unpopular kids feel worse about themselves.
also what is with all this US import crap? I don't think we even had a leavers disco when I left fifth form

White Australians who put the Aboriginal name of their town in their Insta bio. Nothing but virtue signalling. If you feel that bad about being on indigenous land, bleeping move away.
yeah i really don't get this land honouring thing..it happened at a couple of events i took part in online.including the Sundance Festival. i do not know what it is meant to achieve... just treat indigenous people fairly and decently NOW

For those unfamiliar

How to do a Land Acknowledgment - Teaching & Learning - Trent University

People saying “it’s giving ….”

It’s giving use your words ffs 🤦🏽‍♀️
ditto it's serving me,.. the only thing serving you honey is the crew member at Macdonalds.. nobody serves you a look by wearing some item of clothing. its just nonsense

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
An acquaintance of mine on FB puts her teenage daughter in Miss Teen UK pageants. It seems so - I don’t know - old-fashioned somehow?

She’s so boastful about it. Truth is, her daughter is just a regular teen. She looks so awkward in all the makeup and gowns.

Reactions: 5
Please don’t come for me
Just my opinion
I wouldn’t mind if it was my friends showing their kids but I don’t understand why they need to be shared in big public groups. I’m sure some of you are in that FB lockdown one which has basically turned into the biggest attention seeking group ever. From prom photos to arguments about whether ketchup should go in the fridge to what tv series should we watch next blah blah blah. Seems people can’t make a single decision without running it past hundreds of thousands of people they don’t know!

Reactions: 7
I wouldn’t mind if it was my friends showing their kids but I don’t understand why they need to be shared in big public groups. I’m sure some of you are in that FB lockdown one which has basically turned into the biggest attention seeking group ever. From prom photos to arguments about whether ketchup should go in the fridge to what tv series should we watch next blah blah blah. Seems people can’t make a single decision without running it past hundreds of thousands of people they don’t know!
Yes, especially the ones all proud of their daughter for being so ‘different’ and ‘brave’ …cos they wore shiny white trainers under a long prom dress? 🤷‍♀️

Thousands of likes that got, cos a teenager chose comfy shoes? Now lots more posting the same, proving that footwear under long dresses is just completely boring!

Real mums club... seems a lovely woman BUT "if u know, u know" OR "if u don't know, get to know" duck OFF. She's not the only one but fck me, every 2 seconds she's sayin it!!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Someone I know has posted on fb that her daughter is very ill, hasn’t eaten or drank properly in days and “doesn’t know what to do, can anyone give any advice”. All of the comments are telling her to call 111. Has all common sense just been brainwashed out of some people because of social media? Why do you even need to ask that, I really hate Facebook.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Someone I know has posted on fb that her daughter is very ill, hasn’t eaten or drank properly in days and “doesn’t know what to do, can anyone give any advice”. All of the comments are telling her to call 111. Has all common sense just been brainwashed out of some people because of social media? Why do you even need to ask that, I really hate Facebook.
Someone on mine just said their “Facey” must be playing up as they couldn’t see comments and now I want to burn the world.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I am tired of the homogeneity. Every caption having practically the same guff written in it. Usually "I am so blessed' or 'we are so grateful', blah blah blah (I get that image of Father Ted when he was trying to quit smoking for Lent, if anyone remembers it?)
It has practically destroyed the authenticity and meaning of both words for me and I wonder why those who consume social media never seem to mention or notice it. Please tell me I am not alone? o_O
I have even seen the 'so blessed' bollox attached to posts about choosing a new oil colour for a painting.
I wouldn't be surprised if so blessed found it's way into a post about taking a tit at this point.
However, if one suffers constipation, that could actually make sense..

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Please don’t come for me
Just my opinion
I don't mind a proud parent post but the sheer scale of these prom events now me me feel uneasy. My son has just left primary school...they had a leavers disco that most of them kept calling prom. He went in a shirt that had been bought for a wedding, jeans he already owned and the shoes bought for the wedding. Had a shower and brushed his hair and teeth! There was all sorts of discussions from the mums of girls about nail appointments, hairdresser appointments etc. I know I get off lightly with having a boy but these are 11/12 kids, they do not need all this crap at that age. They're meant to look fresh faced and youthful not dolled up to the nines. I suspect I'm the minority on this though judging by his classmates.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
When people base their identity on being a “proud” something, and their bio is:

Proud mam
Proud Yorkshireman
Proud chihuahua mummy

Despicable!

People who like every single post
People who post unfunny gifs or emojis as a reply :)

oh and also relatives/older followers who comment on/reply to EVERYTHING with really banal stuff like ''Looks good'' if you post food or ''Darling Soph, looks like you were having fun''! on a party pic :confused:

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.