Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who reply to unanswered threads (tattle and elsewhere) with nothing really to add just to be nice- just ignore the thread, don't put 'don't know her but she sounds awful' or something :)

People who care about losing followers / friends. (I use the latter term loosely - I delete people I've not interacted with in some time)
On this note though people who are really trigger happy about deleting/purging- someone unfollowed me on insta the moment I left the company even though we still message a lot about her cat as I have the same breed! I mean is it really THAT much of a struggle to follow me as we still talk even though we don't know each other very well and are unlikely to meet up- we worked in a small team for three years and were still at liking level with each others' posts :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Someone who wouldn't even notice, who you haven't interacted with for years or who really annoys you is a different matter

Go to pound store asks "how much is this?"
to be fair hardly anything in Poundland is £1 anymore and hasn't been for a long time

I know the situation is not funny but seeing a lot of these type of posts about the roe vs wade overturning- I mean it’s not like you’re going to save the details ‘just in case/when’ you need an abortion are you- it’s normally not planned at all 🐱
it's happening almost immeditately as a ban in some states and you never know how many people might already be in a situation to need it...

Reactions: 6
People that post screenshots of their text messages to their partner. I really don’t give a tit what cutesy stuff they say to you over text those conversations interest no one except the two people in the relationship. I can guarantee no one thought it was an interesting post 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 24
People that post screenshots of their text messages to their partner. I really don’t give a tit what cutesy stuff they say to you over text those conversations interest no one except the two people in the relationship. I can guarantee no one thought it was an interesting post 😭
classic overcompensating

Reactions: 14
Musicians that are stopping shows in the wake of Astroworld as they see a medical emergency in the crowds. Yes, help should be given but it should be the role of the staff at the venue not the artist themselves to get help to that person in the crowd. Otherwise it just feels performative and fake. In the last few weeks we’ve seen it from Ed Sheeran, Harry styles etc. Their crew can spot medical emergencies in the crowd and send help, an artist doesn’t need to halt their show.

Secondly, you’re going to get a thousand teenage girls faking a faint to get a call out on stage from their favourite artist.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
the worst is when they screenshot their texts and they have ‘xxxxxxxxxx’ after every message

• Haha
Reactions: 9
“As I put my two year old to bed tonight I nearly cried as I was just so tired from being a mum. He took me hand and looked into my eyes, and whispered “life is beautiful mummy and so are you. I’m so happy I made you a mummy and you are my entire world. I love you to the moon and round the stars”. Well I felt amazing, it may be hard but at least I know I’m doing something right with my little man. My best friend. My world”.

As. If. 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️🙄🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
When people say “chapter 29” etc instead of 29th birthday

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
And here's me who'd rather do nothing!

(I did go to visit friends over my birthday weekend as we hadn't seen each other post covid)

Anything related to astrology and star signs. There are 12 signs, you are not that special.

It's particularly annoying when used in reference to the actions of a third person (e.g., celebrity). "That's his inner Libra coming out!" Erm, no.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
First...

Wtf is this all about 😫 so what who cares if your "first" to write "first" on a frigging post, go duck yaself "first"

I don't get it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The outpouring of Roe vs Wade outrage. It's just lip service for the majority who will still happily shell out thousands to go to Florida on holiday where abortion has already been limited and could well change further. If you're genuinely horrified by what is going on in America, stop going there, stop spending your money there instead of posting twee memes on social media.

Reactions: 20
The outpouring of Roe vs Wade outrage. It's just lip service for the majority who will still happily shell out thousands to go to Florida on holiday where abortion has already been limited and could well change further. If you're genuinely horrified by what is going on in America, stop going there, stop spending your money there instead of posting twee memes on social media.
Same as anyone who says they're a feminist or care about human rights, LGBT rights etc but happily going on holiday to Dubai

• Sick
Reactions: 38
I’m super aware it’s a feminist issue that affects every woman no matter her background- I’m pretty privileged and I can’t believe our rights seem to count for nothing- but it’s a lot of rich millennials tweeting about their pain and the ones most deeply affected are going to be the very poor and marginalised who can’t afford to travel to another state. Not that women should HAVE to travel to another state but all the posts saying they have a house in a certain state you’re welcome to travel to etc kind of miss the worst point of the situation- face it if you can travel to another state you can pay for an air bnb there ☹

Reactions: 10
If you're genuinely horrified by what is going on in America, stop going there, stop spending your money there instead of posting twee memes on social media.
i'd love to but my partner lives in NYC and I barely see them as it is..I don't post twee memes but real information that might be useful to someone on my social media radar.

second rate celebs desperate to break it in America and move there who fail to read the room and post continually plugging their bit part in a Netflix series while shocking human rights abuse is taking place in their current country of residence.

see this post I made on FB in reference to this..

Any public figure with several active social media platforms and a sizeable fan base for music and acting who has been noticeably silent about the overturning of Roe V Wade despite normally portraying themselves as someone who cares about global and human rights issues and who instead spams their feeds with plugs for their bit part in a Netflix series can get in the bin

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.