Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really hate when people post the obligatory “we did it!!” Picture of a set of keys or posing at their new front door. When 9 times out of 10 they’ve had a relative give them majority of the money for a deposit. It’s just so fake.

Reactions: 15
When people finger stuff when showing what they bought in there ‘haul’
Hinch is the worst with her witchy finger!
Like why point and touch with your long coffin shaped nails!!
When you say I bought toilet cleaner you don’t need to point to it I know what it is!!!
Really angers me!

Reactions: 12
When people finger stuff when showing what they bought in there ‘haul’
Hinch is the worst with her witchy finger!
Like why point and touch with your long coffin shaped nails!!
When you say I bought toilet cleaner you don’t need to point to it I know what it is!!!
Really angers me!
Also when they pick items up and them toss them back on the table.

Reactions: 4
I know it’s probably an unpopular opinion but I can’t stand serious selfies, I get it if you want a picture with your friend and you’re being goofy and daft or your kids but being that self absorbed that you sit there for half an hour doing different angles on your own, I just find it ridiculous.

I took a few in my younger days (hypocrite I know) but I’d be embarrassed of myself now.
Was it for Myspace or Bebo? 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I really can't stand toxic vloggers/influencers who bang on about body positivity and then photoshop and use filters on their images. Bloody Rebecca Lamb is one of the biggest culprits, she's too ignorant to realise the damage she could cause vulnerable people viewing her edited, photoshopped and filtered images.

Reactions: 6
I’m sorry if I upset anyone. But I’m sick already (it’s only the 11th November. Armistice Day but there you go) of bloody Christmas Trees. Here’s my £30 ikea tree. Here’s my £80 pink monstrosity. Oh here’s my massive £1000 thing. When I was younger, gets small violin, putting up the Christmas tree was exciting. Couple weeks before Christmas. Would take all day, from getting the deccies down from attic, to putting it all up. Few drinks. I was even allowed a snowball. How aren’t folk pissed off with it by December 1st? Takes all the excitement away and just seems like a pissing contest now

• Heart
Reactions: 25
OMG, a family member added me to a DLA group (my child’s is up for renewal soon) and every single post was a laundry list of developmental delays and high care needs… followed by “Will I get DLA? I’m worried they’ll say this is normal for their age 😭”.

I was like, are you nuts? Of course you’ll get DLA! Made me wonder whether the group was more of a pissing contest/venting opportunity than an actual source of advice. Anyway, I muted it fast.
I would say this is just people in a tricky situation being worried. Dependent on the disability ive seen surprisingly high needs get turned down.

Stop with all the reminders!
I know how many days to go until it's Christmas, thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I really hate when people post the obligatory “we did it!!” Picture of a set of keys or posing at their new front door. When 9 times out of 10 they’ve had a relative give them majority of the money for a deposit. It’s just so fake.
Haha if insta had been about when we bought our first flat “we did it!” would have just referred to, rocking up to Northern Rock where they were handing 110% mortgages like sweeties 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Someone I know has been uploading almost the exact same photo every week without fail since she got married. It was cute for the first month I suppose, now it’s just annoying. “18 weeks my love” duck off

• Haha
Reactions: 8
78A66BCA-693F-4D2F-9D27-4C47F3E9BBEF.jpeg

When people post self absorbed memes like this. Who asked for one thing about you?! I actually like the sentiment but it’s this ‘one thing about me’ element.

Reactions: 15
Gonks.
People posting photos and obsessing over these weird little Elf men.
Christmas Gonks.
Halloween Gonks.
Mini Gonks.
Gonk wrapping paper.

Sod offffffff

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Gonks.
People posting photos and obsessing over these weird little Elf men.
Christmas Gonks.
Halloween Gonks.
Mini Gonks.
Gonk wrapping paper.

Sod offffffff
What even is the point of gonks?

Reactions: 1
Thank god I'm not alone in my loathing of those bloody gonks!!
While we're on the subject, elf on the shelf is a creepy little bastard 😂
maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
1 - Mrs Hinch
2 - Sanctimonious mumfluencers (inc. above)
3 - The saying “It’s the (blank) for me” GO AWAY!
4 - People moaning that others are putting up their Xmas decs
5 - Inspirational quotes posted my people that I know inhale ketamine for breakfast and whose lives are car crashes
6 - Pampas grass arrangements - I like them just sick of seeing them
7 - Braggy partner posts - saw you arguing in Tesco last week
8 - People who upload 10 practically identical pictures of their kids in a day
9 - Anything to do with the Republican Party
10 - there isn’t a 10th I’m just questioning why I’m actually still on any social media due to above 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 22
"Influencers" modelling their latest Daniel Wellington tat whilst trying to sell charcoal teeth whitening paste when they've got a gob full of stick on teeth

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.