Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Every other post on Facebook seems to be from a charity asking for money at the minute.

Reactions: 5
Tagging that they are at the hospital to receive the PM me hun what's wrong hun posts

IVE FINSHED MY XMAS SHOPPING ...this is someone on my FB with 5 kids and not a job between them

RELATIONSHIP/FRIEND DRAMA

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Those videos that are like people singing on a bus in harmony or a flash mob and the caption is like “OMG what would you do if this happened”. I always want to comment like “I’d be pissed to duck. Why can’t people just shut the duck up and let people get on with their day without feeling like they need to sing and dance in people’s faces!”
This made me chuckle due to you moaning about people dancing and having your username as dancing queen!!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
In the previous thread, someone posted about people using the term "thought leader" on LinkedIn or in CVs. Well, it also made its way into job descriptions apparently. A large UK company I'm interviewing for included the following sentence in the job description attached to the case study: "You are a thought leader capable of winning over executives". I saw this today as I didn't pay attention at first, but it was the very last line on the page. I don't know what to make of this. To be honest, what is even a "thought leader"? This term makes no sense. I'm not enough of an egomaniac to think I can be a "thought leader". These terms created by armchair career coaches the same way those con artists tell you one can invest £1 and earn £10K from it without doing anything.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
A few people I know have recently become coaches/guides/mentors to help women become their best selves. Insta profiles, hundreds of crappy affirmation type quotes, filtered selfies of them smiling.
Usually involves a retreat or online course which yep you’ve guessed it, is extortionate.
They’ve done duck all in terms of qualification for this unless you count some unaccredited hour-long online bollocks.
boils my blood. Not only because they’re charlatans but whoever they get signing up may have a need for actual counselling and support and they’ll just be given empty bullshit as advice.

Reactions: 16
A few people I know have recently become coaches/guides/mentors to help women become their best selves. Insta profiles, hundreds of crappy affirmation type quotes, filtered selfies of them smiling.
Usually involves a retreat or online course which yep you’ve guessed it, is extortionate.
They’ve done duck all in terms of qualification for this unless you count some unaccredited hour-long online bollocks.
boils my blood. Not only because they’re charlatans but whoever they get signing up may have a need for actual counselling and support and they’ll just be given empty bullshit as advice.
And they are usually the people who have the most fucked up, chaotic lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Also there seems to be a plethora of women’s financial coaches all geared towards making you rich from side hustling.
And all pushing the narrative that you will never be financially stable from just working, all you need to do is invest in crypto and pay them for the inside know how 🙄

Reactions: 10
People posting videos of fireworks. They look good in real life but always tit on shaky phone footage

Reactions: 5
When people comment “first” or “early” on a insta or tiktok post. Why is that relevant or important for anyone to know?! Also, there’s about 30 of you written it so you can’t all be first 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
When people post (usually on Facebook) like "right I'm off to bed" no one cares? Just turn your phone off and go to sleep? Why are you announcing your departure?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
our local FB groups have had loads of posts already like this..one rogue fireworks gone off and cue 20 posts about their pets going mad etc ....im not heartless as it must be awful having your anumal stressed but like you say does everyone have to stop their fun because 1 person doesnt like it....
it made me wonder how people and pets coped with fireworks before social media..i dont remember people doing anything but making sure pets were safely indoors..
Also, I work with someone who is petrified of dogs. We go for a walk and dogs not on leads approach us and the owners always say “oh he/she is friendly/doesn’t bite etc.” She has this 365 days a year. I just wish people would be more tolerant of the other persons point of view. I think fireworks should be only on a few days a year, but equally dog owners should be more considerate too.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.