Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What will annoy me between Christmas and new year is “what day is it?” - some people still work then you know! - and everyone going for walks to “blow the cobwebs away”. What a stupid expression, that never seems to be used any other time of the year!

What’s annoying me now is people who go out for the day/an evening and post 73946 photos, usually selfies. Like just enjoy it and stop being on social media.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Couldn’t reply as the other 1 had closed. But totally agree with the Christmas tree annoyance. Mine goes up about the 18th and yes it’s lovely. Lights on with the glow. But the thing comes down between Boxing Day and new year. The few times I’ve kept it up past the 1st I’ve just wanted to sweep the whole lot in the bin 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The daft faces people pull after doing their make up tutorials. Pouting and looking off into the distance. Stop please.

Unwell kids. Take care of them and get the camera out their faces.

A photo of you holding hands with someone in a hospital bed. Sure take the photo if it brings comfort but why share it, it seems like an invasion of privacy.

Speaking of an invasion of privacy, posting the message inside a card you received, im sure the sender didn't want their words plastered all over SM.

Also kids parties that are just pure beige and decorated for thr adults attending with no thoughts for the kids.

Thought of another, the brand Iconic, to many Z listers promoting it. Can tell its been sent out en masse

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Life. Constantly seeing new babies, engagements, new houses being thrown in your face. I hate social media.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
What will annoy me between Christmas and new year is “what day is it?” - some people still work then you know! - and everyone going for walks to “blow the cobwebs away”. What a stupid expression, that never seems to be used any other time of the year!

What’s annoying me now is people who go out for the day/an evening and post 73946 photos, usually selfies. Like just enjoy it and stop being on social media.
Hahaha absolutely spot on the between Christmas and New year posts , particularly the blow the cobwebs away , I already know the exact people who will say this too 🤣 same tit every year.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
When people who have young children post videos of their children crying/having tantrums onto social media with the caption "This is what I have been dealing with all evening". But post every time it happens. Really irritates me - no one actually needs to see it and during the time they spend recording their poor child they could have probably dealt with it.

Also when people repost the same photo three or four times because they aren't getting the number of likes they anticipated

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Since when was Halloween like christmas? I thought Halloween was about dressing up but scrolling through my Instagram today and people have got their kids presents! Wtf

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
When some asks a question or makes a statement on a group page on face book and there's 1000+ comments saying the same thing , why do people need to be the know it all, proper bugs me. I think they yet the idea after the 1st comment

Reactions: 11

This is spot on!! 😂 not that you need to document it on social media anyway, but why not just say ‘we felt guilty about lying in our pyjamas surrounded by quality street wrappers and stinking of stale drink so went outside’

• Haha
Since when was Halloween like christmas? I thought Halloween was about dressing up but scrolling through my Instagram today and people have got their kids presents! Wtf
Halloween is a time when they're meant to send the kids out grafting for their own sweets

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
This is spot on!! 😂 not that you need to document it on social media anyway, but why not just say ‘we felt guilty about lying in our pyjamas surrounded by quality street wrappers and stinking of stale drink so went outside’
That’s exactly it!

Sorry it’s me again but Christ on a bike if I see one more pumpkin or bucket full of sweets or Halloween themed snack or group of kids all dressed up as characters from 18 rated films they should not even know exist in the world 😡 I know tomorrow will just start with Christmas being rammed in your face all day every day so that’s gonna become annoying too but it’ll make a nice change 😡🎃😡

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I know tomorrow will just start with Christmas being rammed in your face all day every day so that’s gonna become annoying too but it’ll make a nice change 😡🎃😡
Nah, we've got bad photos of fireworks, backs of heads in bobble hats; watching said fireworks, and sparkler holding shoots first!

Why do people need to record everything, you go to any firework display and most people are watching it through their phone as they film it!

Nah, we've got bad photos of fireworks, backs of heads in bobble hats; watching said fireworks, and sparkler holding shoots first!

Why do people need to record everything, you go to any firework display and most people are watching it through their phone as they film it!
Very true! And complaints about upset pets 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Very true! And complaints about upset pets 🤦🏼‍♀️
I'm the smug bastard whose dog doesn't mind them. I just keep my mouth shut.

(I did also buy the dog a halloween present, but I promise this is the first mention of it on any social media! It's a fleecy blanket I got cheap in TK Maxx with spooky dogs on it. She loves being a comfy girl lol.)

Please don't judge me! Hahahahaha

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I'm the smug bastard whose dog doesn't mind them. I just keep my mouth shut.

(I did also buy the dog a halloween present, but I promise this is the first mention of it on any social media! It's a fleecy blanket I got cheap in TK Maxx with spooky dogs on it. She loves being a comfy girl lol.)

Please don't judge me! Hahahahaha
I’m with you in the smug dog owner club as mine doesn’t care either! Don’t get me wrong I feel for people who have to put up with their dogs freaking out but moaning about it on FB isn’t going to achieve anything! And other people shouldn’t have to stop their fun because one or two of their neighbours don’t like it. Live and let live I say!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
when fitness influencers are always in their workout clothes then go out for an evening and dress up and post the caption “See I can dress up occasionally”

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'm sick of so called influencers referring to and describing everything as 'autumnal'.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.