Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
20 something's giving advice on anything related to health, fitness, weight, make up, hair styling etc.

I survived on McDonald's, Mayfair cigarettes and red bull for many years in my twenties and still looked awesome (comparatively).

Come back to me when you've had a baby, a c section, grey hairs, hormone fluctuations and just looking at a tube of pringles gives you three more inches of cellulite love šŸ‘

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
20 something's giving advice on anything related to health, fitness, weight, make up, hair styling etc.

I survived on McDonald's, Mayfair cigarettes and red bull for many years in my twenties and still looked awesome (comparatively).

Come back to me when you've had a baby, a c section, grey hairs, hormone fluctuations and just looking at a tube of pringles gives you three more inches of cellulite love šŸ‘
This one may be excused, because we were all that dumb at 20. Atleast I was.

People who act like they're the world's first parents
Same as people who think they invented sex. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 6
People begging for gifts, telling lies, getting caught out then blaming their actions on their MH. šŸ˜”šŸ˜”

Reactions: 10
I hate it when a famous person dies (often a very young famous person) and someone innocently enquires.about the cause of death, only to be jumped on by some pious jobsworth who rants and raves about how that is an insensitive question.

There are these Death Police figures appear every time somebody remotely notable pops their clothes and it is so so annoying.

Asking how someone died, particularly somebody quite young and seemingly healthy, is a perfectly normal question.

Reactions: 12
Hospital posts in general I find a bizarre subject to post about

someone I know their little girl broke her arm when she was 3, her dads put a post on Facebook saying he canā€™t believe itā€™s been a whole year since she broke her arm
With photos of little girl looking very sad/in pain etc

not sure why you would want to remember/post about that?! Not like it was a fantastic holiday or wedding etc

just bad taste

Reactions: 22
iā€™m sick of all of it. i read about a TikToker who has been charged with murder and i hate the way people can get sucked into that whole lifestyle of chasing followers and losing their heads from it.

thereā€™s no way iā€™m letting my kids near any of it. i donā€™t judge parents who do, because i donā€™t seek their judgement in return.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
People posting photos of themselves crying, nobody wants to show off their puffy red face unless itā€™s for attention or for people to send them random gifts which they then post photos of a couple days later. Wait a few weeks, rinse and repeat.

Reactions: 21
Hospital posts in general I find a bizarre subject to post about

someone I know their little girl broke her arm when she was 3, her dads put a post on Facebook saying he canā€™t believe itā€™s been a whole year since she broke her arm
With photos of little girl looking very sad/in pain etc

not sure why you would want to remember/post about that?! Not like it was a fantastic holiday or wedding etc

just bad taste
I had one today and a little girl had a really bad nose bleed so the mum decided to take a picture of her covered in blood holding the bloody tissue and uploaded it to Facebook!!
Just bleeping why??

• Sick
Reactions: 19
People posting photos of themselves crying, nobody wants to show off their puffy red face unless itā€™s for attention or for people to send them random gifts which they then post photos of a couple days later. Wait a few weeks, rinse and repeat.
I used to follow someone who did this all the time. A middle aged woman with grown up kids too, not someone young. She used to cry about a man she was seeing, very few details about what had happened other than she was so heartbroken over it. Later found out she was seeing a married man and he wouldnā€™t leave his mrs for her. So embarrassing for her!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
My great nan passed away ten years ago this August. She had a huge family (8 kids, around 50 grandchildren, and around 40 great grandchildren).

She lived with us at my Nans house. Only our family really bothered with her, the rest werenā€™t that involved unless they were getting married or it was theirs/their childā€™s birthday for a quick cash grab (jokes on her, the bulk of them got duck all 99% of the time because she didnā€™t even know their birthdays because of how uninvolved people were.)

When she was diagnosed terminally ill, everyone was demanding we let them come see her. Some of them even took photos of her as she was in bed days from her death, and posted them to their Facebook.

They all bang on to this day about how much they miss her and love her, yet I bet the bulk of them only know her birthday because itā€™s all over Facebook those days. I even had another one of her grandkids kick off at me because I did a speech at her funeral and no one else was given the option. Difference being, I asked to do a speech. Apparently I had no right, I was 13 years old, I hardly knew her because I had less time with said person because they were 30 years old.
What they donā€™t realise is I helped look after her until the day she died, grew up with her in the house every single day. We shared a bedroom as well for a few years, which meant we were really close. Iā€™d see more of her in a month than that person did for nearly a decade.

I am just beyond fed up of the attention seeking from them, gaining sympathy from a woman they hardly even knew, and didnā€™t take the time to know. Some have even named their kids after her. Vile people.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Not all men, what about men? Doesnā€™t nobody care about us!!!, women can be violent, too - in response to something positive for womenā€™s safety. Itā€™s everywhere now.

1645469900751.jpeg

Go and do something for men then if youā€™re that arsed, instead of poo-pooing on something someone has done to help women.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This is going to make me sound like a right heartless arse, but here we go. I have a 'friend' on Facebook who gives the whole month of March over to mourning/commemorating her grandmother who died TWENTY YEARS AGO at the respectable and non-tragic age of 84. It starts round about now: "Counting down to March - the month I lost my beautiful Nan. Gonna be so hard."

Girl...

• Wow
Reactions: 21
When people start making it about them on social media when their ' bestie' gets engaged or has a baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This is going to make me sound like a right heartless arse, but here we go. I have a 'friend' on Facebook who gives the whole month of March over to mourning/commemorating her grandmother who died TWENTY YEARS AGO at the respectable and non-tragic age of 84. It starts round about now: "Counting down to March - the month I lost my beautiful Nan. Gonna be so hard."

Girl...
Not heartless! A family friend will do similar count downs and itā€™s been nearly a decade now. We get specific timestamps like ā€œshe died at 12:51pm, 9.5 years ago to the day next Tuesdayā€ šŸ˜¬ Grief is not linear but when you see such posts on facebook that should be saved for your personal diary, therapist or close family/friends in conversation, it just makes me cringe.

Reactions: 5
Not heartless! A family friend will do similar count downs and itā€™s been nearly a decade now. We get specific timestamps like ā€œshe died at 12:51pm, 9.5 years ago to the day next Tuesdayā€ šŸ˜¬ Grief is not linear but when you see such posts on facebook that should be saved for your personal diary, therapist or close family/friends in conversation, it just makes me cringe.
I will admit, I do put up a photo on the anniversary of a close family members passing, but only on that day and only the one photo. I do think itā€™s quite excessive when thereā€™s a countdown, multiple posts, and a huge song and dance about someone who died 20 years ago.

Reactions: 6
I've been that nob recently but my nan only recently died and it was supposed to be her 90th last weekend and we were very close. I keep seeing Facebook memories pop up all the time.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.