Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This Ukraine stuff on social media is pathetic , they don't need moral support they need actual help , it's just so terrifying for them, I'll be honest I don't understand the politics of it all but I know enough to realise how serious it is and not to put meaningless social media posts

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Influencers they boil my blood .
None of them are genuine or honest.
If they promote something , it gets put on my list to avoid because I know it will be tit .
Also , ALOT of them buy their followers

• Heart
Reactions: 12
People complaining about speed cameras saying they're money machines , don't speed then you won't have to pay 🙄 I've been caught by one nothing excessive , something like 35 in a 30 , I had no one to blame but myself

• Heart
People who make OTT declarations online

for example

An acquaintance I have on Instagram put up a photo of him and his girlfriend with a caption something like ‘my world, how lucky am i , definitely punching’

think aww sweet but he posts this with similar photos/words at least once a week with accompanying hashtags like

#mygirlfriendisbetterthanyours
#solucky
#myworld

this man is 37

it’s cringe inducing

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
People who make OTT declarations online

for example

An acquaintance I have on Instagram put up a photo of him and his girlfriend with a caption something like ‘my world, how lucky am i , definitely punching’

think aww sweet but he posts this with similar photos/words at least once a week with accompanying hashtags like

#mygirlfriendisbetterthanyours
#solucky
#myworld

this man is 37

it’s cringe inducing
I have a new couple doing this on my fb at the moment too.Also mid -late 30’s.They need to get a grip ! I might have done that tit when I was 13 but probably not

Reactions: 11
There seems to be a thing where people put videos on Facebook that should really only be 30 seconds long at the most, usually some sort of reveal or prank, but they go on for 15 mins! You can spot them a mile off because they're usually heavily staged. For example, one where a guy was on a plane and a girl with a skimpy outfit on was trying to put something in the overhead locker across from him and kept sticking her bum in his face. It was obvious 15 seconds in that this girl was actually a bloke, but the video went on for more than 10 minutes before "she" actually sat down. They annoy me so much!
Was it the same people who made the one where she’s hiding in the overhead storage bit in a wedding dress holding a ‘will you marry me?’ sign above her fella who’s ‘asleep’ the acting is truly awful

Reactions: 1
social media statuses from people who post rubbish like

“I’ve done a 2 mile run, made an avocado lunch and soya shake for work, cleaned the house and it’s only 6am!

How’s your day?”

and the expect replies

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I think I’ve found my people! I have gone from hardly posting at all. I only have FB for school updates (annoying as they use this as their main form of communication 🙄). I deleted the app years ago and just go on through my browser and it takes me to straight to the school page so I don’t get sucked into a load of shite. I rarely post on insta either, used to like stories but I think because of the times we live in stuff could be perceived as showing off - I’d rather stay private and be more sensitive these days ❤

Influencers they boil my blood .
None of them are genuine or honest.
If they promote something , it gets put on my list to avoid because I know it will be tit .
Also , ALOT of them buy their followers
Couldn't agree more. The majority of so called influencers probably go into that kind of work because they have no actual skills or qualifications to secure a real job. How many will struggle once the influencer bubble bursts? The the entitled attitudes and dishonesty so many of them have that annoys me

social media statuses from people who post rubbish like

“I’ve done a 2 mile run, made an avocado lunch and soya shake for work, cleaned the house and it’s only 6am!

How’s your day?”

and the expect replies
LOL I think any of my friends or family who posted that would expect a barrage of abuse. Most common response would be 'F.. k off you sad git'

Reactions: 4
This woman I work with posts a screenshot on her story every evening of her alarm page on her phone with some shite about how she's gonna get up and make things count in the morning, we've got this 💪 etc. Cringe.

Then after she's done her workout we're all treated to a screenshot of her Fitbit stats, and a paragraph about how the watch doesn't record the stats properly because the workout was more intense than the watch is saying. Why post it then?! Also if the stats are right she's not getting her heart rate up enough for it to be doing much.

I have posted about this lady in another thread because her oversharing in person and via WhatsApp and voice notes was driving me insane, so it makes me laugh how she does it over Instagram too.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Was it the same people who made the one where she’s hiding in the overhead storage bit in a wedding dress holding a ‘will you marry me?’ sign above her fella who’s ‘asleep’ the acting is truly awful
I think it’s the same couple where she hid her pregnancy bump with a ‘gift’ and it took 15 minutes for him to realise what she was hiding. He had returned from a stint in the forces so didn’t know. Apparently.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Currently I’m sick of seeing pics of that baby that was born at 2:22 on the 22nd blah blah blah it’s a baby many are born a year this one is no more special than the rest 🤦🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Recently on IG someone posted a picture of their Dad with their mum who is in last stages of early onset dementia. She was praising the dad for taking such care of her mum. The mum was curled up like a child, maybe sucking her thumb. It just made me uncomfortable. For me it's a private moment not to be out on the web with all the inane tit & tik tock flotsam & jetsam. Also I don't think the mum could consent and like kids don't get to choose, I feel it's wrong. :(

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Recently on IG someone posted a picture of their Dad with their mum who is in last stages of early onset dementia. She was praising the dad for taking such care of her mum. The mum was curled up like a child, maybe sucking her thumb. It just made me uncomfortable. For me it's a private moment not to be out on the web with all the inane tit & tik tock flotsam & jetsam. Also I don't think the mum could consent and like kids don't get to choose, I feel it's wrong. :(
It is wrong. I had to tear my cousin‘s daughter a new one once as she kept posting stuff about my seriously ill (grown up) nephew on facebook for U OK hun attention.

Reactions: 6
It is wrong. I had to tear my cousin‘s daughter a new one once as she kept posting stuff about my seriously ill (grown up) nephew on facebook for U OK hun attention.
Glad you agree. All the comments were about how awesome the dad was and what a saint he was etc. It's like nothing's sacred & private any more. Sad.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.