Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When your friends have an argument of some sort, fall over and it#s all one talks about.

(and before anyone asks, they're supposedly grown adults)

Adcro from TikTok, he’s on here as MrAdcro, his name is actually Adam, I tried to tag him but couldn’t for some reason. There’s a forum created about him titled ‘Adcro’ where people reflect similar views to mine. He truly is one of the most narcissistic and false people I’ve ever come across on TikTok, and there’s many on there!
The way he portrays himself in his videos is all false, in reality he is rude, abrupt and extremely self absorbed.
He encountered controversy recently, which is discussed at length in the forum created about him, but whether or not the controversy is 100% true or not, him as a person is still infuriating.
The most annoying traits is his defensive attitude ALL THE TIME, and if you so much as disagree or say something that doesn’t align with his views, he’ll respond abruptly and discard your perspective, with no open mindset to invite your views for discussion.
I feel empathy for Phil, his husband, because it’s clear he succumbs to Adam’s way, as there’s a clear point of it’s his way or no way. When Phil features in the videos you can see he just nods along to keep Adam happy, because I can only imagine if he were to go against Adam, there would be an argument.
All in all, he’s a typical wannabe actor with a tendency to control and emotionally manipulate to get his way, so there you have it, that’s what I’m currently finding annoying.

I've just seen the most ridiculous picture, Rebecca Lamb is 11 weeks pregnant and the attention seeker is photoshopping baby bump pictures. She is completely deranged, she has two kids, she doesn't bother with, but the content pregnancy is getting her the attention she craves, but sadly means she's does even less than normal for/with her kids. So many of these so called mummy vloggers, seem to be useless when it comes to parenting

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My great nan passed away ten years ago this August. She had a huge family (8 kids, around 50 grandchildren, and around 40 great grandchildren).

She lived with us at my Nans house. Only our family really bothered with her, the rest weren’t that involved unless they were getting married or it was theirs/their child’s birthday for a quick cash grab (jokes on her, the bulk of them got duck all 99% of the time because she didn’t even know their birthdays because of how uninvolved people were.)

When she was diagnosed terminally ill, everyone was demanding we let them come see her. Some of them even took photos of her as she was in bed days from her death, and posted them to their Facebook.

They all bang on to this day about how much they miss her and love her, yet I bet the bulk of them only know her birthday because it’s all over Facebook those days. I even had another one of her grandkids kick off at me because I did a speech at her funeral and no one else was given the option. Difference being, I asked to do a speech. Apparently I had no right, I was 13 years old, I hardly knew her because I had less time with said person because they were 30 years old.
What they don’t realise is I helped look after her until the day she died, grew up with her in the house every single day. We shared a bedroom as well for a few years, which meant we were really close. I’d see more of her in a month than that person did for nearly a decade.

I am just beyond fed up of the attention seeking from them, gaining sympathy from a woman they hardly even knew, and didn’t take the time to know. Some have even named their kids after her. Vile people.
My grandma died three weeks ago and it’s been so hard, me and my brother were the closest grandkids to her, aswell as my own children, no one else bothered to see her when she was alive and my cousins have been asking their dad/my uncle what the funeral arrangements are, cars etc and I am dreading the day even more now. I’m walking to the church with my brother and other family and friends from her house behind the car my mum and uncles will be in so they can do the same. I don’t want to see them at all. I’m not one to confront anyone, my mum is fuming aswell so she might! but I don’t know how they dare, fair enough she was their grandma aswell but only when it suited them, birthdays/ Christmas 🙄 guarantee we’ll never hear from them again after the funeral.
Sorry to derail the thread but it just pisses me off, they didn’t post anything on their facebooks either, one of my cousins unfriended all our side of the family aswell months and months ago.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
My grandma died three weeks ago and it’s been so hard, me and my brother were the closest grandkids to her, aswell as my own children, no one else bothered to see her when she was alive and my cousins have been asking their dad/my uncle what the funeral arrangements are, cars etc and I am dreading the day even more now. I’m walking to the church with my brother and other family and friends from her house behind the car my mum and uncles will be in so they can do the same. I don’t want to see them at all. I’m not one to confront anyone, my mum is fuming aswell so she might! but I don’t know how they dare, fair enough she was their grandma aswell but only when it suited them, birthdays/ Christmas 🙄 guarantee we’ll never hear from them again after the funeral.
Sorry to derail the thread but it just pisses me off, they didn’t post anything on their facebooks either, one of my cousins unfriended all our side of the family aswell months and months ago.
Hope you are okay lovely, sorry for your loss. I know the exact feeling, it was so frustrating going to my great nans funeral and seeing all my family crying over her, yet the bulk of them hadn’t seen her in at least 5 years so they clearly didn’t give a duck. Some of them were demanding to be sat in the front rows at the crematorium, I’m surprised my Nan didn’t swing for them!
I had my great-uncle threaten to come kick my head in (I was 13, he was nearly 60) because I posted a Facebook status before he did. He didn’t pay a penny towards her funeral or her headstone (all 8 children went in on it as her life insurance wasn’t a high amount and didn’t cover costs), but bleats on online about how much he loves her, etc.

My Nan and Gramps don’t want funerals for this exact reason, too much family politics. They’re looking into the service where you get picked, cremated, and then the ashes get sent back to your family. So much cheaper and no big fuss or risk of arguments on the day (my Nan’s side is known for it!)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
People who suddenly break-up or get divorced and you never find out why ,not that it matters I'm just nosey 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I didn't enjoy the pics of Cruz Beckham that are all over SM and news sites this morning.

WTF does he look like in this one?

1645605229009.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
"That's it, that's the tweet" doubly so if it's not on twitter 😐

"Absolutely no one:" adds nothing to the joke, just make the gag.

Reactions: 9
Latest annoyance - Wordle

No
One
Cares!
Just play the game , be happy you got the word because we don’t care how many goes it took 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Just seen my first Ukraine filter on Facebook. Be ready for the huge influx of people who want you all to know how worthy they are by putting a little flag on their profile pic. (It's the same ones who had the "I've been jabbed" filter a few months ago, and the "Protect the NHS" one a few months before that).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
There seems to be a thing where people put videos on Facebook that should really only be 30 seconds long at the most, usually some sort of reveal or prank, but they go on for 15 mins! You can spot them a mile off because they're usually heavily staged. For example, one where a guy was on a plane and a girl with a skimpy outfit on was trying to put something in the overhead locker across from him and kept sticking her bum in his face. It was obvious 15 seconds in that this girl was actually a bloke, but the video went on for more than 10 minutes before "she" actually sat down. They annoy me so much!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
There seems to be a thing where people put videos on Facebook that should really only be 30 seconds long at the most, usually some sort of reveal or prank, but they go on for 15 mins! You can spot them a mile off because they're usually heavily staged. For example, one where a guy was on a plane and a girl with a skimpy outfit on was trying to put something in the overhead locker across from him and kept sticking her bum in his face. It was obvious 15 seconds in that this girl was actually a bloke, but the video went on for more than 10 minutes before "she" actually sat down. They annoy me so much!
I agree, this sort of thing drives me mad. All of them could be condensed down to about 20 seconds. I saw one the other day where this high school student looked like she was naked, apart from the large balloon which she was holding in front of her. The balloon said "Pop me!" on it, and the male teacher (who looked about 20) spent the best part of 15 minutes debating whether to pop this balloon. Really tedious and quite creepy too.

• Sick
Reactions: 2
Latest annoyance - Wordle

No
One
Cares!
Just play the game , be happy you got the word because we don’t care how many goes it took 🤷‍♀️
About three out of the 15 people in my work chat play it and they post their scores and talk about it :( :)

Reactions: 3
Just seen my first Ukraine filter on Facebook. Be ready for the huge influx of people who want you all to know how worthy they are by putting a little flag on their profile pic. (It's the same ones who had the "I've been jabbed" filter a few months ago, and the "Protect the NHS" one a few months before that).
Also the flood of copy & paste 'I stand with Ukraine...' posts

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.