Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going to sound like a right cow now but someone’s dog died and since then they keep posting about how much they miss their dog, almost daily. They must be devastated and I do have empathy but the posts are getting a bit much now. I should unfollow really but I don’t understand why you’d want to grieve so publicly.

Reactions: 13
Everyone and their mother seems to have had some sort of friendship with Caroline Flack when the anniversary of her death rolls by.

Reactions: 18
People tagging themselves at A&E

🙄🙄🙄🙄

How serious is it if you’re on ya phone. Piss off.

Reactions: 23
Usually on a story or live, a long rambling description of some sort of minor problem or inconvenience followed by “but we move”.

Do we? Where to?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Going to sound like a right cow now but someone’s dog died and since then they keep posting about how much they miss their dog, almost daily. They must be devastated and I do have empathy but the posts are getting a bit much now. I should unfollow really but I don’t understand why you’d want to grieve so publicly.
A relative does this. As much as I love dogs, it really is getting boring now. (he died roughly a year ago)

Reactions: 5
In general grieving publicly is weird. I follow someone that posts “miss my grandma. would’ve been her 113th birthday today”
she died like aged 90.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Don’t see it so much now but there was a time when people (Nobheads) used to put *homeowner* in their insta bio 🤣🤣duck knows why but please tell me someone remembers people who used to do this .I mean I owned a push bike and 3 guinea pigs at the time but you didn’t see me putting it in my bio

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Don’t see it so much now but there was a time when people (Nobheads) used to put *homeowner* in their insta bio 🤣🤣duck knows why but please tell me someone remembers people who used to do this .I mean I owned a push bike and 3 guinea pigs at the time but you didn’t see me putting it in my bio
I have my guinea pigs in my bio 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The 'be kind' bullshit them everyone ripping into Kanye West who is basically having a manic episode.

Reactions: 11
I remember mummy bloggers, in pre-Insta days (you know, seriously old school stuff like having your own Wordpress blog 😉) who’d put all sorts of mad show-offy tit in their bio.

Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, cloth-nappying, rear-facing attachment mama!

People really did used to put “rear facing car seat” in their bio! This was before the rules changed and you could turn a baby forward facing at around a year old. If you could flex about it… in the bio it went.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
This, so very much. - Post 1 pic/comment to note the world about your loss. - And then leave it at that.

Reactions: 3
Posting photos of their children with how many Easter eggs they got- literally NO ONE in this world gives a flying shi* how many Easter eggs your kids got- ever !

Weekly updates of Isabella’s spelling results-oh so proud 10/10 again.🤫

Checking in to a hospital with some quote like “ can’t believe this” or “ last place I wanted to be” followed by 325 people saying “‘you ok hun” 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 14
I remember mummy bloggers, in pre-Insta days (you know, seriously old school stuff like having your own Wordpress blog 😉) who’d put all sorts of mad show-offy tit in their bio.

Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, cloth-nappying, rear-facing attachment mama!

People really did used to put “rear facing car seat” in their bio! This was before the rules changed and you could turn a baby forward facing at around a year old. If you could flex about it… in the bio it went.
🤣🤣🤣🤣rear facing .
How about ‘Montessori parent ‘ or ‘gentle parenting’ I’ve seen that one in people’s bio lately 😂🙃

The 'be kind' bullshit them everyone ripping into Kanye West who is basically having a manic episode.
I’m so sick of seeing people ripping into Kanye .You wouldn’t laugh at someone with a physical illness so why are they mocking his behaviour which is a result of his bipolar no doubt .I’m so sick of seeing people reposting and laughing at him .I don’t know if he’s a nice person or not but regardless it’s clear to see he is manic .Leave the man alone ! People are so uneducated on mental illness it’s a joke !

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Couples who live together yet choose social media to express Happy Birthday etc - isn’t telling them in person enough!? Self indulgent to the extreme.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
People who make memes out of Kanye’s current manic episode and joke about his behaviour.

As someone who’s been harassed by an ex who also had bipolar, I really feel for Kim and I’m scared for her. Kanye needs help, not encouragement from his weird fans on social media.

Reactions: 20
Couples who live together yet choose social media to express Happy Birthday etc - isn’t telling them in person enough!? Self indulgent to the extreme.
Also people who wish happy birthday to people who aren’t actually on social media! Their kids, grandparents, pets etc. They’re not going to see it so who exactly is the message aimed at? 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I saw a Facebook post where someones 4 year old was ill and they were posting pics with their kid in A&E. Why do people think this is necessary would they not rather just focus on their kid rather than having to share it on the Internet.

Reactions: 15
the worst is declarations to a partner who doesn’t even have social media!

An acquaintance put a valentines post on her Instagram to her husband saying how much she loved him etc but then berating him for not getting her any flowers
Poor sod isn’t even on Instagram!

Also people who wish happy birthday to people who aren’t actually on social media! Their kids, grandparents, pets etc. They’re not going to see it so who exactly is the message aimed at? 🤷‍♀️
Wrote my post before I seen yours sorry! Great minds 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Someone i know who is thinking of leaving her husband as he has a gambling addiction and is currently sleeping on the sofa put a photo up yesterday of them looking like loves young dream 🙃
It’s all such bollocks. I know a couple who haven’t shagged in two years, sleep in separate beds and who posted gushing messages to each other in public on fb. It’s all fake for appearances.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.