Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That weird red flag thing that’s going around on Twitter. My whole time is full of red flag emojis. Doing my head in!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Saw a woman post this morning saying 'some people are so mean. There was a big queue in a busy shop before and lots of people rolled their eyes, and some walked off saying they were sick of waiting. When I got to the front of the queue I was nice to the girl serving and talked to her because I am actually a decent person'

Social media is full of people wanting praise for the most basic level of niceness

I just thought 'why do you want praise for treating a person like a person?...'

Edited to add - I do think it was very nice of her, and I do think it can make a persons day when we show kindness and friendliness. It's the social media bragging I find annoying.

Reactions: 21
People asking for advice and its clear they won't take it as its not what they want to hear.

Reactions: 11
Those stupid copy/pasta paragraphs that start with "I'm posting something very personal today....blah blah goes on for about 3 days, copy paste if you agree"

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Saw a woman post this morning saying 'some people are so mean. There was a big queue in a busy shop before and lots of people rolled their eyes, and some walked off saying they were sick of waiting. When I got to the front of the queue I was nice to the girl serving and talked to her because I am actually a decent person'

Social media is full of people wanting praise for the most basic level of niceness

I just thought 'why do you want praise for treating a person like a person?...'

Edited to add - I do think it was very nice of her, and I do think it can make a persons day when we show kindness and friendliness. It's the social media bragging I find annoying.
She just held up the queue a little longer to be fair, having a chat 🤣
I jest…..I fully agree that we should be kind and polite to people and I would judge people leaving the queue and moaning. Wouldn’t put it on social media tho, because who cares?? Just braggy isn’t it? Oh look at me, I’m kinder than everyone in this place because I said good morning to the staff 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️

That weird red flag thing that’s going around on Twitter. My whole time is full of red flag emojis. Doing my head in!
Yeah this is really irritating me too , don't know why it bothers me so much but makes me angry when I see it 🤣 I hate when everyone jumps on the bandwagon over stuff like this

Reactions: 2
Those stupid copy/pasta paragraphs that start with "I'm posting something very personal today....blah blah goes on for about 3 days, copy paste if you agree"
Oh I hate these they’re usually about cancer. And the way it’s worded it’s like they’ve been given a diagnosis. It’s sick using things like that to get likes.

Reactions: 6
The words “Squid Game”. I swear the more I hear about things the less likely I am to watch them or get involved. Bore off!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Social media isn’t real posts. If you don’t realise by now that photos on social media are edited, photoshopped and filtered to filth then you have to be a bit dense. Even the Kardashians can’t keep up with the beauty standards they created.

I also hate the body confidence thing - like to get a bikini body - put a bikini on your body and there you have it! Cringe. Done to death. It’s akin to live, laugh, love for me.

Parents saying little Eva had such a good school report and so proud. Meanwhile little Eva is 5 and doesn’t use Facebook. Like just say it to your child.

Constant posting of wedding photos at any given opportunity. For example when wishing your dad a happy birthday post alongside a photo - the photo being of you in your wedding dress from 11 years ago oh and oh yeah your dad.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Myself. I hate social media. Hate how it makes me feel, hate people knowing what I'm up too, hate the fakeness and so on, still find myself posting a random photo. Why?

Reactions: 13
Social media isn’t real posts. If you don’t realise by now that photos on social media are edited, photoshopped and filtered to filth then you have to be a bit dense. Even the Kardashians can’t keep up with the beauty standards they created.

I also hate the body confidence thing - like to get a bikini body - put a bikini on your body and there you have it! Cringe. Done to death. It’s akin to live, laugh, love for me.

Parents saying little Eva had such a good school report and so proud. Meanwhile little Eva is 5 and doesn’t use Facebook. Like just say it to your child.

Constant posting of wedding photos at any given opportunity. For example when wishing your dad a happy birthday post alongside a photo - the photo being of you in your wedding dress from 11 years ago oh and oh yeah your dad.
i think sadly a large proportion of the British population is dense if you look at some of the most popular influencers we have 🤣

Reactions: 9
I read this article about a woman who has a disability and is struggling to find work despite trying really hard. Made the mistake of reading the comments and one woman was like “I have a condition to do with my spine that causes me so much pain but I don’t class myself as disabled!”. I’m pretty sure no one ‘classes themselves’ as disabled, you either are or you aren’t. Just because you’re in denial about it doesn’t mean everyone else should be. The woman in the article was born with her condition so she never got a choice in the matter to begin with.

It’s too early in the day for this tit. Imagine being such a bleeping bellend?

So I've noticed in any Irish or sometimes British tik tok videos that starts to get attention or go viral you can garauntee that Jedward will be the top comment on it. They are so desperate to jump on the coat tails of any semi pupular creator. It's really starting to bug me.

Reactions: 5
In case anybody missed this

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.