Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right!! And then I'd do it privately!!!

My fave was "Daughter just decided she wants to redecorate her bedroom, you know what she's like when she gets and idea in her head. Can anyone take me to Wilko for the paint - it's too far on the bus, she won't wait that long and I can't afford a taxi".

MAKE HER WAIT FOR HER BEDROOM TO BE PAINTED THEN YOU ABSOLUTE BUFFOON!
They must be born without the capacity for shame because I'm embarassed just reading that.

Pretty sure Wilko also deliver. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
They must be born without the capacity for shame because I'm embarassed just reading that.

Pretty sure Wilko also deliver. 😂
She won't wait for delivery sorry 😐 hahaha its crazy but doesn't surprise me the amount of begs you get on Facebook and if anyone dares say anything they get told to #bekind 🤣

Reactions: 7
I have a friend who posts all the time about how they live in poverty and no one actually knows what poverty really is, but she does because she is so poor. Will ask if anyone can give her a lift to Asda because she can't afford a bus or taxi. Can anyone give her kids a quid for the school bus because she's so poor. Then the next day, she is having a pizza party for tea - is she having Iceland cheapos you bang in the oven? Oh no, shes posting a pic of 6 Dominoes pizzas, sides, cookies - the whole shebang! She will also ask on a weekly basis who is free to meet at Costa for coffee and cake.
I will also add that she chooses to do 3 voluntary jobs, rather than paid work and her husband works part time and generally gets sacked every 6 months of so for having too much time off.
Boils my piss!
I had a friend who was like that who I had to stop seeing. One minute she would be claiming she couldn't afford a tenner to put in her electric meter and that afternoon, there'd be pictures of her and her daughter in the cinema with those nacho boxes and big cup drinks that cost a mortgage to buy. I remember once a mutual friend said "yeah but you find the money when it's your kid" well maybe but if you can find the money for a trip to VUE you can find the money for electricity no? There's finding the money for a 99 from the ice cream van at the park and finding the money for a £30 cinema trip

Reactions: 17
I had a friend who was like that who I had to stop seeing. One minute she would be claiming she couldn't afford a tenner to put in her electric meter and that afternoon, there'd be pictures of her and her daughter in the cinema with those nacho boxes and big cup drinks that cost a mortgage to buy. I remember once a mutual friend said "yeah but you find the money when it's your kid" well maybe but if you can find the money for a trip to VUE you can find the money for electricity no? There's finding the money for a 99 from the ice cream van at the park and finding the money for a £30 cinema trip
Yep, and it happens all the time. Theres always money. 99 times out of a 100. Its that 1 in a 100 that needs the genuine help

Reactions: 2
"Anyone selling 4 tickets for the pumpkin farm? It's sold out but I want to take my baby"... So who are the other two tickets for?! Loved the first reply which was "No I don't"

Also, I hate these posts that thank total strangers for doing something that most people would do just out of common human decency. Today I saw one which made a massive thing about wanting to draw attention to the parents, friends and school teachers of a young girl on the bus who almost gave up her seat to an elderly man, but didn't because he didn't notice her make eye contact with him. The poster went on and on about what a wonderful thoughtful girl she was before giving a detailed physical description of her, what she was wearing, the brand of her school bag, model of iPhone etc.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I hate “influencers” who throw tantrums when they don’t get enough likes for their tit content. Then post stuff like this 😂😂
"I'll be one private account but I wont accept you" Well why mention it then?

This reminds me although it's probably already been mentioned: when people announce that they're going to be deleting people as friends as if we're all going to be checking they haven't deleted us. No one gives a duck

• Haha
Reactions: 14
"Anyone selling 4 tickets for the pumpkin farm? It's sold out but I want to take my baby"... So who are the other two tickets for?! Loved the first reply which was "No I don't"

Also, I hate these posts that thank total strangers for doing something that most people would do just out of common human decency. Today I saw one which made a massive thing about wanting to draw attention to the parents, friends and school teachers of a young girl on the bus who almost gave up her seat to an elderly man, but didn't because he didn't notice her make eye contact with him. The poster went on and on about what a wonderful thoughtful girl she was before giving a detailed physical description of her, what she was wearing, the brand of her school bag, model of iPhone etc.
🤣 you must live in my area 👀 literally just saw this about the pumpkin and thought of this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Folks who get universal credit, then got the £20 uplift due to covid, who are now moaning that it's been withdrawn.

I was on furlough for seven months and my salary was reduced by 20% for that period.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
"I have been quiet on (insert platform name)..." - then proceeds to explain with:
  • Some highly intimate story that has nothing to do on the platform (wedding / death / divorce - on LinkedIn)
  • Some trivial reason that nobody cares about (busy with running errands, taking pictures, time for themselves - on IG)
Smh.

Reactions: 12
I think we have the same pal! Recently it's been a whole load of "can anybody gift me some food....or perfume....or jewellery...." then a whole load of posts about how her kids needed some spending money for their holiday away to their Dad, so she set up a paypal thing for donations. Then..."oh I had my PIP claim denied, how can they deny me I can barely get out of bed". Two days later away to some festival for the weekend. Then back to the "I cant afford to feed my kids... can anyone send me a new vape, or some CBD oil?" But the one that made my pish boil was when she was going on about how fucked up her life is, no money, can't heat her house, no phone credit etc, but then she fucked off to Spain for a fortnight and was posting photos of all the shite she bought over there and steak dinners every night. Back home and it's "I might be homeless because I have no money and can#t get a job because I can't even travel to an interview as it hurts my fibro...." duck. OFF.
Ah fibromyalg
Folks who get universal credit, then got the £20 uplift due to covid, who are now moaning that it's been withdrawn.

I was on furlough for seven months and my salary was reduced by 20% for that period.

I know someone moaning about this too but can afford to get her hair and nails done.

Reactions: 6
People finding things to whinge about
Example:

I am so here for getting rid of ridiculous gender stereotyping but given that as a young girl my toys involved a kitchen and an ironing board, a pink working mum set is pretty progressive actually. It’s not even labelled “girls”. It’s obviously going to be pink. It’s Disney princess?! Last time I checked that was pink. Feels like you’re just finding something to be annoyed about

Attachments

People who think we want to see footage of there screaming child (ren)in the background having a paddy or a meltdown so the obvious thing to do is pick up your phone and film it and then share to your hundreds of followers to endure!
Seriously who thinks this is great content??
But then they think they are being so relatable and real life etc

• Haha
tit like this on linkedin… save it for your bleeping fb you absolute drip.

BB3C514F-CD0B-42E8-AA47-BEC7461CF270.jpeg

I deleted my fb to avoid tit like this, i’m sick of trying to use platforms For their intended use and have to constantly see crap like this!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Seeing people on my friends list commenting on celebs stuff, they don’t give a duck about you luv. My arse literally cringes.

the comments tonight on sm on a certain celeb naming her daughter like she’s revealing the name for the next queen have been in particular hysterical. People saying they are crying over a stranger. Get a grip of yourself for heavens sake

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.