Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pregnant women clutching at their belly just in case no one has noticed the scan pic, big sis sign, blue/pink balloons.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I’m sick of seeing everyone decorate the tit out their house for Halloween. We literally had a pumpkin each when i grew up 😂

Reactions: 17
People posting about their covid booster jab. It was boring g the Hirst time around when people got them, it's starting to get boring again.

Reactions: 11
I’m sick of seeing everyone decorate the tit out their house for Halloween. We literally had a pumpkin each when i grew up 😂
You were lucky... We had a swede to share between two of us that my dad had to hollow out with a soup spoon 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Nonsense talk about something being "meant to be" or "not meant to be". E.g. platitudes about "not every relationship is meant to end in a wedding." There's no "meant to" about it; either you're committed to each other and will put the marriage above your own selfish desires, or you aren't. Another example is a woman I know who works as a life coach and posted something about "it took me much longer than I expected to finish writing my book, but these things happen when they're meant to, you can't put a timeline on them." No, you were either too busy/preoccupied to write the book or just didn't bother. And you evidently don't have a professional publisher (or haven't found one yet), because they will certainly put a timeline on it!

Reactions: 11
The “I stopped messaging first and never heard from them again” posts.
If you want to talk to someone does it matter who reaches out first?

Reactions: 9
Some girl posted this on LinkedIn earlier:

"LinkedIn is starting to feel like Instagram. We're only showing the highlight reel of our professional life. Let's get real for a second.
I am exhausted. It's hard being a recruiter right now. The market is crazy and most days I'm just over it.
With the market being so competitive most companies and recruiters can't keep up. We keep receiving rejected offers. We keep watching our employees leave.
All I'm asking for is a little grace. Show some love to your recruiting teams. They're trying their absolute best in these wild, wild times
."

Does she even realize recruiters like her are the problem on LinkedIn? They've normalized rudeness, ignoring candidates after contacting them, ghosting candidates and not following up on calls etc...I'm not going to feel sorry for someone who feeds into the very issue of LinkedIn.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I hate people tweeting about, or linking to stupid articles about, how fictional female characters are supposedly too masculine and are "men with boobs" - usually citing examples like Megan Fox's character in Transformers. Actually masculine female characters in the media are rare, and usually only found in a small handful of properties aimed at LGBT people or with a large LGBT fanbase.

I recently saw a big Twitter thread about the "girlbossification" of fairytales and why can't fiction portray women wanting both a career and romance - like it's not still the standard that they have to have a romance purely because they're female. The OP cited the recent movie with Camila Cabello as Cinderella, in which Cinderella both gets the prince and starts a business; I'm not sure what the problem was. They also cited Cruella. If you look at Cruella de Vil, a woman who wants to skin puppies, and think the problem is that she's not in a relationship I don't know what to say to you. (In the original novel 101 Dalmatians Cruella is married - and she still wants to skin puppies)

Reactions: 4
My Aunty has just started doing this weird thing where she checks into a pub on Facebook, then writes a 5 or 6 word review for it along the lines of "good beer, sticky floor" "dirty toilets, no paper" "full of students, aggressive bouncer". I know these posts show up on the pubs page, but I'm not sure she realises that all her friends can see it to? She lives in a different city to me so it means nothing to me anyway!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Was one hugely stupid post I've heard of going around on the Internet (confirmed supposedly by former cabin crew) about emergency evacuations saying that putting your head down for an emergency landing would kill anyone. Hasn't happened in the history of aviation so is complete and utter bs and the things they said to do alternatively could cause injuries. All because the airliner companies dont want to pay out, though if someone dies they will have to pay out or whatever.... makes absolutely no sense whatsoever in any kind of way.

Was from this video

Seen numerous stupid things being said and being debunked akin to that, has to be one of the dumbest and illogical things in the history of really stupid advice.

My Aunty has just started doing this weird thing where she checks into a pub on Facebook, then writes a 5 or 6 word review for it along the lines of "good beer, sticky floor" "dirty toilets, no paper" "full of students, aggressive bouncer". I know these posts show up on the pubs page, but I'm not sure she realises that all her friends can see it to? She lives in a different city to me so it means nothing to me anyway!
That's hilarious, I would look forward to those posts 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I am sick of seeing friendships displayed on social media today, purely down to jealousy though :oops:

It seems like lots of people have more than one group of close friends, and I am sick of seeing it today

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I am sick of seeing friendships displayed on social media today, purely down to jealousy though :oops:

It seems like lots of people have more than one group of close friends, and I am sick of seeing it today
I wouldn’t worry about it too much they probably all slate each other in real life.

Reactions: 15
I wouldn’t worry about it too much they probably all slate each other in real life.
this is so true. I left a friendships group that was like this. All over SM how much they love each other but they would slag each other off and compete to be one person in the group's "best friend" Was like being in school.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
“The way people done their make-up in 2016” 🥱😤🖕🏻 like they’re talking about the Elizabethans with venetian ceruse. Some of us with combo skin types still like a bit of baking, OKAY?!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.