Things that you are sick of seeing on Social Media #15

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay now I have to come off my local group because people are giving me a migraine. :ROFLMAO:

I cannot believe anyone is so dumb they think someone sharing the fact an eatery got a poor hygeine rating is "shaming small businesses"... OMG.
For some reason this narrative of 'its just bad paper work/record keeping' does the rounds whenever a business local to me gets a very bad hygiene rating, as someone who has worked in catering/done the training if somewhere has got less than a 3 it's not just paperwork!

Reactions: 10
Taylor Swift. Maybe its because I am in Scotland and she is playing Edinburgh tonight but every post on my Facebook newsfeed is bloody Taylor Swift. 😠

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
People who pimp their kids out on social media ESPECIALLY so called “home educators”. You are not a qualified teacher. Whilst the curriculum has its flaws you are setting your kid up to fail in life ffs

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Sorry to jump on this thread but I can't stand it when people post photos of their babies/children on social media especially photos of them nude/semi nude or unwell in hospital. It's such an invasion of privacy and people don't treat their children as if they are real human beings with feelings anymore. If my childhood photos were all over the internet I'd be livid. These children are growing up with no boundaries or protection from their parents. These photos will remain on the internet forever. There's no getting them back or putting pandora back in the box. Just downright vile tbh.

• Sad
Reactions: 29
Sorry to jump on this thread but I can't stand it when people post photos of their babies/children on social media especially photos of them nude/semi nude or unwell in hospital. It's such an invasion of privacy and people don't treat their children as if they are real human beings with feelings anymore. If my childhood photos were all over the internet I'd be livid. These children are growing up with no boundaries or protection from their parents. These photos will remain on the internet forever. There's no getting them back or putting pandora back in the box. Just downright vile tbh.
I know someone who over the years has posted countless photos of her four kids at the dentist having wisdom teeth out, in A&E with broken bones, getting x-rays, unwell in hospital beds, etc. The kids have had zero privacy, some of the photos they’re crying. It’s horrid, why would you want to take a photo of your child like that and even more so, why would you want to put it on the internet?

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Couldn't agree more. I have a 6 year old and I've never ever posted her on any of my socials, even with super private settings. The amount of pics I've reported and had taken down, from people on my friends list posting nude pictures of their kids, it's infuriating. Creeps on the Internet don't even need nude pics, they take the seemingly perfectly innocent pics and edit them to being sinister and post them I online. It's sickening.

Reactions: 8
Dramatic happy birthdays for their kids - I’ve got some girl on FB and she’s just put up a post saying ‘10 years ago today, I was rushed to theatre, put under anaesthetic and my stomach sliced open to bring you into the world. And I’d do it again’ what happened to a nice and simple happy birthday!?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
Dramatic happy birthdays for their kids - I’ve got some girl on FB and she’s just put up a post saying ‘10 years ago today, I was rushed to theatre, put under anaesthetic and my stomach sliced open to bring you into the world. And I’d do it again’ what happened to a nice and simple happy birthday!?
Oh god you just know that mum’s like “I HAD MY STOMACH SLICED OPEN FOR YOU!” every time the kid leaves their shoes lying about etc. enjoy your future therapy bills little one!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Oh god you just know that mum’s like “I HAD MY STOMACH SLICED OPEN FOR YOU!” every time the kid leaves their shoes lying about etc. enjoy your future therapy bills little one!
You’ve got stomach ache? Well I had my stomach sliced open so you could be in the world! You can go to bleeping school!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
And then followed by her screaming like a banshee - I lost my pelvic floor for you, you little tit 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I know someone who over the years has posted countless photos of her four kids at the dentist having wisdom teeth out, in A&E with broken bones, getting x-rays, unwell in hospital beds, etc. The kids have had zero privacy, some of the photos they’re crying. It’s horrid, why would you want to take a photo of your child like that and even more so, why would you want to put it on the internet?
A friend constantly posts photos of her children on days out. How can you really be enjoying your day out if you're taking photos every few minutes?

Reactions: 10
A new thing that has started to piss me off is when you join a new Facebook group and they do a weekly “welcome new members” and tag you. What’s the point? I always remove the tag.
I totally get that, it can be pretty annoying. I always remove the tag too.

Reactions: 5
The constant posts from 'celebs' that they own the copyright to their photos so no Facebook, meta, evil company can AI use them or similar 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
There’s someone I know & I’m friends with on FB. Every single photo (and they’re regular) she posts has a filter on it- like the super glamorous Kim K filter. Every now and again she’ll get tagged into a photo where she looks natural and she looks absolutely nothing like the ones she filters. Fine that’s her choice but she’s got 3 girls under 13 and she has started doing the same to them. Every single photo of them filtered. I just can’t see how it’s healthy taking a photo of your kids, filtering it and showing them a “better” version of themselves. The youngest is only 6.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Why do people post well over a hundred photos of their holiday on facebook? Nobody is looking through them all!

Reactions: 13
Why do people post well over a hundred photos of their holiday on facebook? Nobody is looking through them all!
Haha I know and most of them will be repeats where they have took the same photo a few times but you can guarantee they will have a mother or auntie who likes them all and puts a few gifs in the comments 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm really, really sick of the wealth faking.

It's become even worse despite the cost of living crisis. These people pretending to be in private jets and posing with their knock off designer bags are actively harming the mental health of others, mainly vulnerable young people who don't know better. I hate them.

• Heart
Reactions: 18