Things that you are sick of seeing on Social Media #15

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A new thing that has started to piss me off is when you join a new Facebook group and they do a weekly “welcome new members” and tag you. What’s the point? I always remove the tag.

Reactions: 38
A new thing that has started to piss me off is when you join a new Facebook group and they do a weekly “welcome new members” and tag you. What’s the point? I always remove the tag.
Or you’re suddenly in a messenger chat you never asked to join! GTF 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The hashtag ‘highlight’ on FB is driving me barmy. Got a lot of artsy friends on there and they keep doing this. It drives people away.

Reactions: 8
Similarly, I've left a lot of groups recently who've used the @everyone tag. duck off.

Reactions: 14
Similarly, I've left a lot of groups recently who've used the @everyone tag. duck off.
If you don’t want to leave the groups, you can turn the @everyone tag off in your notifications by clicking the three dots on it. Has saved me a lot of annoyance!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Or you’re suddenly in a messenger chat you never asked to join! GTF 😂
I don't get these - surely you can just post stuff in the group? There is a group I'm in where chats are used a lot to organise trips without clogging up the group. But other than that I don't get the point of them

This is currently doing the rounds on Facebook. It's annoying because we women have fought for the right to equality with men in the workplace. Still expecting to retire 6 years earlier than men because we are women is pathetic - in my view. It is women of 50+ who are posting this:

When I was 16,the government made an agreement with me, that if I paid National Insurance every week, they would give me a pension when I was 60
I kept my end of the deal and am still paying in!!
On the 5th and 6th of June, the UK Government may be made to give back the right to retire at 60 to all those women who worked and paid their National Insurance.
Currently their pension payout is delayed until 66.
We all know that the pension age for women born in the sixties has been raised. Did you know a campaign called ‘Back to 60 Movement’ has won the right to a Judicial Review and is taking the DWP to the High Court? On the 5th and 6th June they will attempt to get the 3.9 million women justice over non consultation in raising the pensionable age to 66 and above.
Michael Mansfield QC will lead the case and the argument for the movement. However, there does not appear to be any media coverage regarding this significant event. That is why we’re raising the awareness now. Let's hope for justice rightly deserved.
There appears to be a media blackout on this issue, which suggests that the government have put a block on the media reporting it. So let’s use social media for what it’s good at - share the hell out of this. Come on ladies - this is worth a great deal to you!
PLEASE, PLEASE COPY AND PASTE

This is currently doing the rounds on Facebook. It's annoying because we women have fought for the right to equality with men in the workplace. Still expecting to retire 6 years earlier than men because we are women is pathetic - in my view. It is women of 50+ who are posting this:
Oh Jesus so much wrong with this post where to begin. Peak Boomer Facebook.
- That’s not how NI contributions work. NI contributions are not ringfenced. They do not go into a pot that is paid to you when you retire. They pay for current state pensions and other benefits.
- The Government is absolutely and categorically not lowering the state pension age back down to 60. If anything the SP age will continue to rise.
- Michael Mansfield is a KC, not QC.
- The “Back to 60 Campaign” lost their case. The High Court will not be paying any compo to these women who allege they were “not consulted” or “not informed” about the changes to State Pension age back in the 90s.

Reactions: 12
Oh Jesus so much wrong with this post where to begin. Peak Boomer Facebook.
- That’s not how NI contributions work. NI contributions are not ringfenced. They do not go into a pot that is paid to you when you retire. They pay for current state pensions and other benefits.
- The Government is absolutely and categorically not lowering the state pension age back down to 60. If anything the SP age will continue to rise.
- Michael Mansfield is a KC, not QC.
- The “Back to 60 Campaign” lost their case. The High Court will not be paying any compo to these women who allege they were “not consulted” or “not informed” about the changes to State Pension age back in the 90s.
FFS, I'm in my thirties (admittedly very late 30s) and I knew about the changes to the state pension age in the 90s because my boomer mum and my aunts all did the "woe is me" thing talking about it. Despite the horrors that awaited them, they all were able to take early retirement in their late 50s anyway thanks to the fact their houses increased ten fold in value and they all, and their husbands, had amazing final salary pensions. Good old boomers! Thank goodness most of my boomer relatives haven't made it on to social media. The ones that have.... 🙄

Reactions: 10
The casual racists that are still posting if you are sick of... Vote for this government we want our country back. My great uncle does it and it's so bad

Reactions: 5
I think it was originally an eu ruling that all member states ( back then ) would achieve parity on retirement age through equality legislation set in the future years ( and that-then future date came and went a good few years ago now....).
Now we are out , it could be readdressed I should think - but if so, would it then fall foul of existing equality legislation ? That's equality for all , every which way. That's what it means, so that's that I should imagine...

Reactions: 4
I think it was originally an eu ruling that all member states ( back then ) would achieve parity on retirement age through equality legislation set in the future years ( and that-then future date came and went a good few years ago now....).
Now we are out , it could be readdressed I should think - but if so, would it then fall foul of existing equality legislation ? That's equality for all , every which way. That's what it means, so that's that I should imagine...
It would be impossible though and not equitable given life expectancies, culture, health etc differ massively between member states

At the moment I’m fed up of people I follow (mainly fashion and lifestyle) banging on about who we should vote for! One in particular putting vote labour at the end of every post! 🤬

• Angry
Reactions: 13
People that talk to their camera and clap their hands like seals for impact possibly?

IMG_4776.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Okay but listen, a photo of your dinner and a brag about what quick, easy and healthy food isn't even interesting enough for your own Facebook page as far as any of your friends will probably be concerned...

So why on earth have you posted it to the local residence group? Because all signs point towards that being intentional and not just someone posting to the wrong thing, like I've done sometimes!
---
Even weirder... they have posted it to multipile local Facebook groups, wtf?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Okay now I have to come off my local group because people are giving me a migraine. :ROFLMAO:

I cannot believe anyone is so dumb they think someone sharing the fact an eatery got a poor hygeine rating is "shaming small businesses"... OMG.

• Wow
Reactions: 6