Things that you are sick of seeing on Social Media #15

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fast fashion haul influencers and YouTubers moaning about prices in Primark going up, like everything should cost the same as it did 5 or 10 years ago 🙄. Oblivious to economic reality.

Reactions: 13
Fast fashion haul influencers and YouTubers moaning about prices in Primark going up, like everything should cost the same as it did 5 or 10 years ago 🙄. Oblivious to economic reality.
It annoys me that fashion influencers who make money online moan about the prices going up when they can in fact afford the price increases, they are just hoarders and bargain hunters wanting to haul a lot to show off for the camera.

Reactions: 13
People who seemingly buy loads of clothes and model them on their page, when we know that most of it is going to be returned. Links for clothes/accessories they haven’t even bought, just to earn some 💰. Idiots that say ‘oh where did you get your coat/top etc? Bloody google it you imbeciles!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
1) influencers using their ‘health problems’ or ill kids to grift
2) selling crap makeup with discount codes when it probably costs 1p
3) beauticians pushing their Z-list clients like they’re celebs
4) gym updates
5) posts about women, strong women, friends are life etc etc when most are absolute women missiles

Reactions: 14
I have an acquaintance who posts daily about what a strong woman she is. Today she has posted about how beautiful she is 😆

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
I have an acquaintance who posts daily about what a strong woman she is. Today she has posted about how beautiful she is 😆
Sounds like someone I stopped talking to. Really hate attention seekers. What would they do without Facebook or Instagram?

Reactions: 7
Someone I used to work with posts to famous people as though they are her mates. Usually on a post, say by Gok Wan, she’ll make a comment like “Oh Gok, I love this, you’re so kind and such an amazing person” blah blah blah. Yesterday she put up, as her own status, a question for Rishi Sunak 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️🤣 Mate I don’t think he’s reading your posts! I just don’t get it. Have a rant about him if you want your mates to read it, but directing a post AT him, as in “Can you explain this to me sir?”, just blows my mind! Grow up 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 23
One of my colleagues....who always posts affirmations and inspirational quotes about female empowerment, breaking down barriers, and 'know your worth' sort of stuff... has announced she's taking a break from social media because someone commented her homemade brownies (she posted a pic) looked like dog turds

• Haha
Reactions: 55
A few days ago someone had posted their dog had passed away at 9am, it was 9.35 they posted. Nothing is sacred on social media lol.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Sick and tired of watching youtube or looking at IG and vloggers/influencers not properly declaring gifted items AF links or Ads. If they claim this is their job then they have a responsibility to do it properly and be fully transparent. No excuses its always the same people doing it regardless of how many times ASA speak to them. I wonder how many are equally careless when it comes to their taxes?
---
A few days ago someone had posted their dog had passed away at 9am, it was 9.35 they posted. Nothing is sacred on social media lol.
I've seen similar posts regarding family members,one person didnt appear to get much response, so reposted the same post twice within three hours. I know everyone grieves differently, but for some people it's more about attention for themselves than showing respect for someone who has passed

Reactions: 11
Kate Garraway and the cost of care for Derek.

Anyone would think they were the only ones severely affected by COVID

• Heart
Reactions: 39
The stripey Pyjama pants trend. I know you did a reel styling them not to look like pyjama pants but, sorry, they still look like pyjama pants. Or you look like Andy Pandy.
Just because it's a trend doesn't mean you have to wear it...especially if you have to try so hard.

Reactions: 10
People who are still using
*checks notes*
I bet you’re fun at parties
Is the (whatever they are talking about) in the room with you now

🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Kate Garraway and the cost of care for Derek.

Anyone would think they were the only ones severely affected by COVID
I can't understand why it cost £16000 a month. Surely even to have a live in carer would only be around 2k a month, for 24 hour care you could have 3 full time carers. I don't know, I've not seen the documentary and I've no idea what his care involved. It just seems an extortionate amount of money.

Reactions: 10