Things that you are sick of seeing on Social Media #15

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tired of the phrase “raising awareness” and all the performative activism nonsense that comes with it. Especially this AI shite circulating on everyone’s insta story rn. This conflict is covered on every major news outlet daily. This image is doing nothing (that isn’t Rafah?? Are they meant to be trucks??) but has been circulated 25 million+ times.
I’ve eye rolled at so many stories with this. What is happening there is bleeping disgusting, but so many reality or influencer types are just band wagon jumping. Never once mentioned it in the last nearly 9 months, but post the one that’s gone viral. I bet half of them don’t have a clue what’s actually going on.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’ve eye rolled at so many stories with this. What is happening there is bleeping disgusting, but so many reality or influencer types are just band wagon jumping. Never once mentioned it in the last nearly 9 months, but post the one that’s gone viral. I bet half of them don’t have a clue what’s actually going on.
It’s like that “black out Tuesday” nonsense during covid lmao what the duck did that achieve realistically? duck all
“But it’s rAiSiNg AwArEnEsS”

Reactions: 17
It’s like that “black out Tuesday” nonsense during covid lmao what the duck did that achieve realistically? duck all
“But it’s rAiSiNg AwArEnEsS”
It isn’t the raising awareness aspect for me, there absolutely needs to be with Gaza. It’s more the people doing it for their feed when they’ve never given a tit before. That post has become akin to a bloody missing cat post. No context, no background, no current information. They just see everyone else doing it and click on the add yours for stories.

Reactions: 9
It isn’t the raising awareness aspect for me, there absolutely needs to be with Gaza. It’s more the people doing it for their feed when they’ve never given a tit before. That post has become akin to a bloody missing cat post. No context, no background, no current information. They just see everyone else doing it and click on the add yours for stories.
I mean if you’re not aware of what’s been happening in Gaza and Israel at this stage - bearing in mind the conflict has been going on for decades and it’s on all mainstream news daily - then you’re beyond help. But you’re right lmao. I can’t believe it says “all eyes on rafah” and it’s NOT EVEN A PICTURE OF RAFAH hahahahaha

Reactions: 15
I've seen similar posts regarding family members,one person didnt appear to get much response, so reposted the same post twice within three hours. I know everyone grieves differently, but for some people it's more about attention for themselves than showing respect for someone who has passed
I used to work with someone who lost a parent last Winter (well over a year ago now). They are quite young - mid 20s - and their parent passed from a long term illness that they'd had for all of that persons adult life (I know that does not make losing a parent at any age any easier, but for context). Obviously it's a horrifically sad and emotional thing to go through. I feel for them so, so much. I know there is no statute of limitations on grief and people can grieve how they want but...

Every day they post at least three times pictures of their parent, something about how they'd love to talk to them again, how they'd gone somewhere and it'd reminded them of their parent, the last time they did X with their parent, even buying a bloody throw cushion a few weeks ago got a picture and a little 'XX would've been so proud of me for having a home where I could buy my own cushions' style grid post. Every single thing on their socials is about their lost parent. They even rope the living parent into it and post things like "Taking X to the pub so we can share a bottle of wine and talk about X". They're totally, completely and utterly stuck in their grief and they're just playing out therapy on facebook when they should be having actual therapy.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Mum's posting their days out with the kids or things they've bought for them during half term. I don't even have kids myself yet, but they're so braggy and annoying, like they're competing to show who spoils their kids the most. I remember when I was a young I just got left to keep myself entertained or go and play on the streets with friends during half term, going on days out was a rare treat that happened once or twice a year and presents were only for christmas and birthdays. I've seen on facbook one mum has just gone on their 3rd trip somewhere this week and it's still only Wednesday :LOL: madness

Reactions: 18
What is it with people doing videos where they’re sitting in their cars?
I’ve posted before how annoying I find it especially when they eat food in their car. They’ve even started getting trays specifically to eat food in their cars (Abby Taylor Bannigan as an example).

Reactions: 7
When people try and guess what's being talked about under a post that's deliberately vague for obvious reasons, or if it's just irrelevant. Examples are on Mumsnet when kid is unhappy at uni for example and they're all going 'is it Bristol? Is it Birmingham'? They obviously don't want to say, just give advice! Just seen one where someone's posted they want to move to another area because their area had a stabbing. The comments are full of people making guesses where the area with the stabbing was from ALL OVER THE COUNTRY. It's so derailing, stick to the question :alien:

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Mum's posting their days out with the kids or things they've bought for them during half term. I don't even have kids myself yet, but they're so braggy and annoying, like they're competing to show who spoils their kids the most. I remember when I was a young I just got left to keep myself entertained or go and play on the streets with friends during half term, going on days out was a rare treat that happened once or twice a year and presents were only for christmas and birthdays. I've seen on facbook one mum has just gone on their 3rd trip somewhere this week and it's still only Wednesday :LOL: madness
Performative parenting.

I doubt they'd want to go to the bother if there was no social media to show it all off on.

Reactions: 12
When people try and guess what's being talked about under a post that's deliberately vague for obvious reasons, or if it's just irrelevant. Examples are on Mumsnet when kid is unhappy at uni for example and they're all going 'is it Bristol? Is it Birmingham'? They obviously don't want to say, just give advice! Just seen one where someone's posted they want to move to another area because their area had a stabbing. The comments are full of people making guesses where the area with the stabbing was from ALL OVER THE COUNTRY. It's so derailing, stick to the question :alien:
“Do you live in Runcorn” HAHAHAHAH

• Haha
Reactions: 2
“If you know you know!” Well, actually most of us don’t know so just make whatever point it is you’re trying to make.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Performative parenting.

I doubt they'd want to go to the bother if there was no social media to show it all off on.
Yes! My friend does this ALL the time, how many bleeping farms can you visit in a year!

The best is a million stories to detail the kid's day out to our local rundown high street, kids trying on stupid glasses etc. It's so odd.

Reactions: 9
Manufactured outrage from thickos who say e.g. “I don’t know why everyone’s leaving nasty comments about this boy” followed by an essay when there are 0 negative comments 😐

Too many saddos in this world creating sanctimonious online personas and living vicariously through a perceived moral high ground when they’re probably a bit of a dick irl.

Reactions: 18
Yes! My friend does this ALL the time, how many bleeping farms can you visit in a year!

The best is a million stories to detail the kid's day out to our local rundown high street, kids trying on stupid glasses etc. It's so odd.
Yep, we might have the same person on our socials!

She's constantly showing her kids at gymnastics, horse riding, trampolining, swimming, football, a petting zoo, soft play, pottery painting, the library, the supermarket, everything. Every bleeping thing. They're school aged as well so where they have the time to do all this tit I dunno.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
“Influencers” 🤢 who say they have ideas and inspiration for dressing a 40+ mum tum - and then put on denim shorts, a t shirt and some sandals. Ummm, sorry what?!? That is a standard outfit on a warm day my friend, you have not invented a new look. Get. To. duck.

• Heart
Reactions: 20