Things that you are sick of seeing on Social Media #15

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg totally babes…except I live in the north of England and it’s mainly been raining which means too cold for swim suits and roof top drinks, the nature walks will be a bit soggy and my skin isn’t that glowy. Oh and I have a job that involves working with other people so no chance of getting things done in peace, plus I’m too knackered to be arsed with a side hustle. And speaking of knackered I’d bloody love 8 hours sleep but I can’t remember the last time I got anywhere near that. But yes to the floral scented perfume though! Totes here for that!
Yeah this post screams I don't have a job or any other responsibilities and my lifestyle is funded by rich parents with a pretend side hustle to make me feel like a boss babe

Reactions: 19
Americans who post about going to ‘Europe’ eg best shoes for taking ‘to Europe’. Where in Europe?? It’s huge and so different.

They mean France or Italy don’t they.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Americans who post about going to ‘Europe’ eg best shoes for taking ‘to Europe’. Where in Europe?? It’s huge and so different.

I’m on a Facebook group for travels in Scotland. The weird questions that Americans ask, as if Scotland is some third world, uneducated backwater! It’s crazy!!!

Reactions: 8

Reminds me of a time on holiday in Italy we got into a lift and my Scottish husband started to speak to me. An American lady also in the lift, heard my hubby and yelled "Oh my gawd, you're Scotch" (didn't have the heart to tell her at this point that she means Scottish and not Scotch). Anyway we politely answered yes he is. She then went on to say her cousin is also "Scotch" and he is called blah blah, do you know him?

I think some Americans must think Scotland is a village and we all know each other and they are oblivious we have a population over 5 million..

• Haha
Reactions: 21

See also:
Americans who say they’re “Irish” because they’ve done an ancestry DNA thing that says their great great great great great second uncle was from Ireland.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
See also:
Americans who say they’re “Irish” because they’ve done an ancestry DNA thing that says their great great great great great second uncle was from Ireland.
It's so annoying. My great grandfather was from Glasgow. Had the thickest accent and when I was a little girl I couldn't understand a word he said. At no point have I ever said I'm Scottish 🙄

Reactions: 9
It's so annoying. My great grandfather was from Glasgow. Had the thickest accent and when I was a little girl I couldn't understand a word he said. At no point have I ever said I'm Scottish 🙄
Why not start now, and use “Scotch”? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’m on a Facebook group for travels in Scotland. The weird questions that Americans ask, as if Scotland is some third world, uneducated backwater! It’s crazy!!!
That‘s just reminded me of a US colleague who was visiting London for the first time. She asked me if the tap water was safe to drink and how much Cockney rhyming slang she needed to know.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I agree to a certain extent. The thing is parents thesedays can't win, we aren't allowed to reprimand our children, we have to have them entertained at all hours (but with the 'right entertainment), we have to keep them quiet so as not to disturb anybody else but we also need to take them along to our daily errands so they just learn how to live.

I have a young child and we don't limit our outings due to this, however, when we do go out for say a meal if she even mutters a whinge the looks we get I can't even tell you! We always take her books and a few toys but unfortunately she gets bored with those - a screen they never seem to bore of! If I have to use a screen to save my sanity, her getting distressed and the judgement from all around then is it the worst thing?

On the subject of dogs being treated like humans, I literally call mine my baby girls sister 😆😆 and you know what I know it's ridiculous but I'd rather treat my dog the way I do, give her the best life I can because I just love her
I don't think there's anything wrong with screen time for kids as long as it's not excessive. I don't see why parents can't reprimand kids either as long as you're not beating them! I always feel some sympathy for parents if their kids are acting up a bit as we've been there, done that but you can tell a difference from kids who are a bit grumpy versus the ones who quite clearly have never had any restrictions placed on them at all.
You have to do what you can to get through it and if people give you looks then too bad for them. But two months in front of Disney...I couldn't do that lol.

Vanilla neuro ugh 🤭 celebrating neurodiverse people doesn’t mean you have to diss neurotypical people
Seeing a lot of this on social media

Attachments

Vanilla neuro ugh 🤭 celebrating neurodiverse people doesn’t mean you have to diss neurotypical people
Seeing a lot of this on social media
People that make their whole personality around their neurodiversity are a huge eye roll.

I swear to God that everyone and their aunt have some sort of neurodiversity now, so surely we’re all neurotypical on this glorious day?!

Reactions: 22
Tired of the phrase “raising awareness” and all the performative activism nonsense that comes with it. Especially this AI shite circulating on everyone’s insta story rn. This conflict is covered on every major news outlet daily. This image is doing nothing (that isn’t Rafah?? Are they meant to be trucks??) but has been circulated 25 million+ times.

Attachments

Reactions: 14