Things that you are sick of seeing on Social Media #15

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have thought this for a few years now. It's so hard to talk about because parents don't want to hear it. Kids don't know how to behave in public when they haven't got an ipad. We went to the zoo last month and of all the amazing animals the kids could be looking at I couldn't believe how many were being pushed around in a pram with a phone inches from their face 🤦‍♀️
I work in early years. I have a playroom with beautiful toys that hardly get touched. The kids have no idea how to play. If I set something up, they just want to tidy it away and sit on the sofa. Some will stare at the tv that I never turn on. When we go out, they spend the entire time asking to go back. Three year olds who cry if you make them walk further than the end of the street. It’s painful and depressing.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I have thought this for a few years now. It's so hard to talk about because parents don't want to hear it. Kids don't know how to behave in public when they haven't got an ipad. We went to the zoo last month and of all the amazing animals the kids could be looking at I couldn't believe how many were being pushed around in a pram with a phone inches from their face 🤦‍♀️
And parents on phones behave the opposite! I seen a reel of a woman filming herself eating in a restaurant and she said she had to “contain herself” because an older lady briefly cooed over her kid as she left. It was a sweet interaction but she, for some tapped reason, was fuming at the woman (probably because she wasn’t centre of attention). I bet the lady had seen the mother was more interested in filming herself the whole time rather than interacting with her child and had the audacity to pay her some attention 🤯

Reactions: 11
People using the royal we all the time. Who do they think they are? You are not royalty, you are not a prime minister/president, you are not a public figure in any way... so what is this? Narc monsters run amok, I guess.

The one that really makes me want to rip my own skin off is "happy Monday/Tuesday/etc" and we now get it for the start of each new month as well, so soon it will be "happy June"...ugh! I don't think I'm a misery guts but I do recoil from this level of perfomative positivity.
Hey there!!! Happy Sunday!!!!!! ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Murphy’s sketches. wtf is this woman on about? Makes a post about literally anything and doylems lap it all up 😬

Reactions: 18
I can practically see the 'Goodbye, Tories' one already. :LOL: She probably draws one every time she has a bowel movement!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
And parents on phones behave the opposite! I seen a reel of a woman filming herself eating in a restaurant and she said she had to “contain herself” because an older lady briefly cooed over her kid as she left. It was a sweet interaction but she, for some tapped reason, was fuming at the woman (probably because she wasn’t centre of attention). I bet the lady had seen the mother was more interested in filming herself the whole time rather than interacting with her child and had the audacity to pay her some attention 🤯
I know exactly what video you're talking about and couldn't understand why she was so annoyed and all the comments sticking up for her

Reactions: 4
I know exactly what video you're talking about and couldn't understand why she was so annoyed and all the comments sticking up for her
It’s a topsy turvy world. “Dats yo baby”. The woman was only calling her precious ffs 😩 It’s so bizarre and worrying that people are quick to take offence at innocuous interactions nowadays.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Over humanising dogs. Absolutely ridiculous
People treating their dogs like actual human babies really gets to me. No, you should not be bringing your dog literally everywhere you go or wearing it strapped to you in a baby carrier. I like dogs but people have lost their minds.
---
I work in early years. I have a playroom with beautiful toys that hardly get touched. The kids have no idea how to play. If I set something up, they just want to tidy it away and sit on the sofa. Some will stare at the tv that I never turn on. When we go out, they spend the entire time asking to go back. Three year olds who cry if you make them walk further than the end of the street. It’s painful and depressing.
This isn't as surprising as it should be when I see influeners like Carrie Hope Fletcher, who has spent almost the entire first couple of months of her newborn's life welded to her sofa watching Disney movies, baby in basically a death grip.

My mum says she can't believe how it is now with people being like that, that she was taking me out and engaging me with the world from pretty much the word go. And indeed my first memories are of being out and about with her.

I feel so awful for kids now. Technology has a lot to answer for but there's something else going on with especially millennials and gen z that I can't explain or put my finger on and I feel sad for them.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
People treating their dogs like actual human babies really gets to me. No, you should not be bringing your dog literally everywhere you go or wearing it strapped to you in a baby carrier. I like dogs but people have lost their minds.
---

This isn't as surprising as it should be when I see influeners like Carrie Hope Fletcher, who has spent almost the entire first couple of months of her newborn's life welded to her sofa watching Disney movies, baby in basically a death grip.

My mum says she can't believe how it is now with people being like that, that she was taking me out and engaging me with the world from pretty much the word go. And indeed my first memories are of being out and about with her.

I feel so awful for kids now. Technology has a lot to answer for but there's something else going on with especially millennials and gen z that I can't explain or put my finger on and I feel sad for them.
Staying stuck to a sofa watching Disney films sounds very boring indeed. My two were out and about from almost the moment they were born, dog walks, supermarket trips, long car journeys to visit the parents...and all before we had phones and iPads. Car entertainment was spot a particular kind of car or Eddie Stobart truck, those were the days!

Reactions: 12
There's been a lot of discussion online over an article in the Guardian about an American "pro-natalist" couple who want to have as many children as possible. They have a very bizarre lifestyle, live in an unsafe house, and abuse the kids, so there's a lot to criticise. But I keep seeing responses about:

"lol they're 37, any kids they have after this will all have Down's Syndrome" - It is abhorrent to suggest that having a disabled child is punishment for something the parents did. Having a baby after 35 or 40 doesn't guarantee Down's Syndrome, the odds are higher but still not that high. Also the article clearly states they are doing IVF with embryos screened for disease and genetic potential (presumably harvested before mum was 32, which is when she had the first)

"At least they're not like the Quiverfull movement/religious fundamentalists" - And? They basically do the same thing but not because of religion. For example the article mentioned that they have a lot of unsecured guns/weapons in the house around the children, we criticise fundamentalists for this (my husband is from the "Bible Belt" full of religious gun nuts) so why is it OK when these people do it?

Reactions: 5
There's been a lot of discussion online over an article in the Guardian about an American "pro-natalist" couple who want to have as many children as possible. They have a very bizarre lifestyle, live in an unsafe house, and abuse the kids, so there's a lot to criticise. But I keep seeing responses about:

"lol they're 37, any kids they have after this will all have Down's Syndrome" - It is abhorrent to suggest that having a disabled child is punishment for something the parents did. Having a baby after 35 or 40 doesn't guarantee Down's Syndrome, the odds are higher but still not that high. Also the article clearly states they are doing IVF with embryos screened for disease and genetic potential (presumably harvested before mum was 32, which is when she had the first)

"At least they're not like the Quiverfull movement/religious fundamentalists" - And? They basically do the same thing but not because of religion. For example the article mentioned that they have a lot of unsecured guns/weapons in the house around the children, we criticise fundamentalists for this (my husband is from the "Bible Belt" full of religious gun nuts) so why is it OK when these people do it?
Omfg I read about that yesterday. Those kids will be taken off them in a matter of years won’t they, after something drastic happens.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
The couple sound terrible but the way people talk about disabilities continues to be horrendous in 2024. For the last couple of decades it actually seems to be getting worse and worse, the nastiness in the way people discuss the matter, use disabilities as an insult, etc. Funnily enough it started to downturn after the financial crisis in 2008 when various Govs really began demonising the vulnerable and being unwell or disabled. At one point it was 24/7. It happened again years later when Universal Credit was first introduced and it's happening again right now as the Tories look to reform social security in the most radical way in decades.

Almost like society being exposed to ill people constantly being called lazy, chancers, fakers, etc might have a negative effect on how ill people are viewed... 🤨

• Sad
Reactions: 6
So sick of all the generational crap on social media - Gen X, millennials etc - being mentioned over every little thing, and we’re all at war, and these ones are worse than these ones blah blah, but nothing gives me the rage more than with all the fuss over bloody socks. Whhhhhoooooo caaaarrreeessss what socks other people wear FFS?!?

Reactions: 10
So sick of all the generational crap on social media - Gen X, millennials etc - being mentioned over every little thing, and we’re all at war, and these ones are worse than these ones blah blah, but nothing gives me the rage more than with all the fuss over bloody socks. Whhhhhoooooo caaaarrreeessss what socks other people wear FFS?!?
Agreed. It's got us where they want us though, tearing each other apart instead of them. The media are mostly goverment mouth pieces and they fuel the generational and culture wars with absolute glee.
---
Oversharing of the TMI variety.

Dude, nobody, not one person needs to know you were a bedwetter because some song lyrics being discussed on a plaform for this artist reminded you of the trauma that caused it.

Like, it's nothing to be ashamed of whatsoever but at the same time it is nothing that needs to be put out there unless prehaps on a more topical platform. Certainly not one where people are just talking about their favourite songs!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Staying stuck to a sofa watching Disney films sounds very boring indeed. My two were out and about from almost the moment they were born, dog walks, supermarket trips, long car journeys to visit the parents...and all before we had phones and iPads. Car entertainment was spot a particular kind of car or Eddie Stobart truck, those were the days!
I agree to a certain extent. The thing is parents thesedays can't win, we aren't allowed to reprimand our children, we have to have them entertained at all hours (but with the 'right entertainment), we have to keep them quiet so as not to disturb anybody else but we also need to take them along to our daily errands so they just learn how to live.

I have a young child and we don't limit our outings due to this, however, when we do go out for say a meal if she even mutters a whinge the looks we get I can't even tell you! We always take her books and a few toys but unfortunately she gets bored with those - a screen they never seem to bore of! If I have to use a screen to save my sanity, her getting distressed and the judgement from all around then is it the worst thing?

On the subject of dogs being treated like humans, I literally call mine my baby girls sister 😆😆 and you know what I know it's ridiculous but I'd rather treat my dog the way I do, give her the best life I can because I just love her

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Omg totally babes…except I live in the north of England and it’s mainly been raining which means too cold for swim suits and roof top drinks, the nature walks will be a bit soggy and my skin isn’t that glowy. Oh and I have a job that involves working with other people so no chance of getting things done in peace, plus I’m too knackered to be arsed with a side hustle. And speaking of knackered I’d bloody love 8 hours sleep but I can’t remember the last time I got anywhere near that. But yes to the floral scented perfume though! Totes here for that!

• Haha
Reactions: 18