Things that you are sick of seeing on Social Media #15

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The insta twats who have been gurning and moaning "where's summer?" since bleeping February, who then moaned it's too hot this last week, who are NOW moaning "oh was that our summer then?" because we have a couple of cloudy days 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 15
On the iPad thing, I have mixed feelings about it. I went for dinner yesterday and ended up seated by this family with four children that were screaming and shouting, the noise was bloody awful. Once they’d been given their iPads the noise stopped almost completely. Yes it’s lazy parenting but I was grateful for the peace 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
RE: the nappies thing. I think most of it is lazy parenting, but I think - and this is something I've just observed as a new (ish, my LO is 17 months old now) mum that there's so much emphasis now on don't do anything until your kid is ready and be gentle with them and their feelings and let them show you want they need which has moved people away from this set idea of kids should be out of nappies by 2.5 years or whatever.
I'm sorry but i think this "gentle this" and "gentle that" parenting is why a lot of young children nowadays are feral and out of control, and if you teach your children that the world is this gentle place full of sunshine that you've created for them, they are going to get a huge shock when they are first knocked over in the playground or they come across something difficult. Using the toilet is a life skill and it's wrong to sit back and watch as a child attempts to toilet train themselves because the parents didn't want to try and help or encourage them because they "didn't want to hurt their feelings" 🙄 Yes all children are ready at different times but a lot of parents are waiting until the very last minute when the child is practically raising themselves to attempt to support them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm not saying my kids don't use tablets etc they do and we take them with us but I genuinely find when going for meals you can't go wrong with a couple of reading books/picture books or colouring books , mine loves a search and find book always so much to look at in them keeps them fascinated , I do generally have to look at them with them to keep them interested but I don't mind if it's keeps them quiet

Reactions: 10
I'm sorry but i think this "gentle this" and "gentle that" parenting is why a lot of young children nowadays are feral and out of control, and if you teach your children that the world is this gentle place full of sunshine that you've created for them, they are going to get a huge shock when they are first knocked over in the playground or they come across something difficult. Using the toilet is a life skill and it's wrong to sit back and watch as a child attempts to toilet train themselves because the parents didn't want to try and help or encourage them because they "didn't want to hurt their feelings" 🙄 Yes all children are ready at different times but a lot of parents are waiting until the very last minute when the child is practically raising themselves to attempt to support them.
I've noticed throughout my life that children go a bit "Lord of the Flies" without boundaries. They keep pushing to find them but there aren't any!

I am absolutely not saying this to be holier than thou for anyone or pretend that I'm a perfect parent but we've never ever offered our LO a tablet and rarely have our TV on so 16 months in he's absolutely not fussed at all by screens. We watch a few episodes of Bluey maybe once or twice a fortnight but never as a regular thing and apart from when he's been unwell and wanting snuggles all day he pays very little attention to it if we have it on. In comparison, his cousins have had the TV on kids shows or an ipad in their reach since they could sit up and are hooked on it. My niece would happily sit and watch Paw Patrol all day long if you let her.

I do think a lot of it is what you choose to introduce (for instance, as well as that, we're vegetarian so he's never eaten meat, though has had fish). Kids don't miss what they don't know about!

I can never see British children being allowed to do this at 5.

---
Children do need to be disciplined and have their behaviour corrected, when they are playing up.
---
My cousin’s 6 year old son was getting presents at his brother’s birthday party, because “he cries”. So let him cry, it’s still not his birthday.

Reactions: 11
People releasing statements like they are a public figure. I am mortified for them.

People who use the "royal we"... it's always arseholes excusing bad behaviour.

Reactions: 7
Yes! Or "June dump". Urgh. I hate the end of the month "dumps". Sorry I only associate the word "dump" with having a tit 💩
I had a woman I know post "Photo Dump: Best year of our lives" With multiple photos of her baby as a newborn in the same position, covered in food, eating dirt and wearing terrible "mummy and me" outfits. Of course she got the typical "Omg she's getting so big" with her replying "Don't mention it 😭😭😭😭"
You also get the ones that post a quote and then loads of random photos of them drinking tea, on holiday and doing random poses. "In a world where you can be anything, be kind" *pose's in a random field of flowers and a random photo of them by a random building in Dubai*

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13