Things that you are sick of seeing on Social Media #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Suddenly seem to have 4/5 different people on my FB feed who can’t sleep, and are posting about still being awake/only sleeping 2 hours/how long it is until their alarm goes off etc etc. Bad times, not sleeping is the worst, but is being on your phone and posting on FB at 2am really going to help?!?
---

• Haha
Reactions: 15
If tattle comes under social media then I am sick of seeing outraged and righteous posts along the lines of " people should be reported for commenting on WOMENS weight" , " how dare so and so say that about WOMENS looks,ages,hair,lifestyle " , etc from posters who spend all day every day being vile and judgemental about womens looks, behaviour and every other aspect of strangers lives on Tattle 😂.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Oh the bride thing! I've never known anyone to do this but one of the younger staff at my son's school added me on social media and her stuff is hilarious - she got engaged in 2022, wedding is this year and on Christmas day she had a t-shirt saying "last Christmas as a Miss" and a jumper saying "future Mrs X" - she posted the bride story going on about 2024 brides and is always going on about the wedding, for a year and a half now. Don't know what she'll do when she's married!

But then we decided to get married so got engaged and married a few months later, none of the dress drama, no hen trip to Ibiza for a week, barely even had a beauty appointment, so I'm really not the target kind of person for this stuff!

• Haha
Fear Mongering through products. What's "toxic/clean/sustainable/green/" etc. I've had enough. Sick of seeing some influencer pushing a product they've been paid to push after they read off a script about how everything else on the market will kill you. Those same people are the ones who overconsume THE MOST. How is buying a non-toxic candle helpful when you're also driving about in one of several of your gas guzzling cars all day, or ordering countless of items to ship to your door on a daily basis?

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Run up to Christmas.. various posts “ I’m donating to XYZ charity in lieu of Christmas cards”

No your not you sanctimonious wanker… your just making this post and moving on with your life!!!

So the police are investigating assault on an avatar...
... I cannot believe they’ve the resources for this. When I was assaulted I was asked to sit in a room and have a chat about his ‘side of the story’ 😔

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Some of us have been back at work since Boxing Day :(
That's another thing on SM that hacks me off, loads of people acting like it's a two week holiday for everyone, I'm a normal office job but was in between Christmas and New year and lots of people are really busy in this period (retail, ED staff in hospitals etc)

• Heart
Reactions: 25
My Instagram is flooded with stories with the caption “post a random photo or 2024 will be the unluckiest year of your life”. I feel like I’ve been transported back to 2011 Facebook. These people must share a single brain cell.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
That's another thing on SM that hacks me off, loads of people acting like it's a two week holiday for everyone, I'm a normal office job but was in between Christmas and New year and lots of people are really busy in this period (retail, ED staff in hospitals etc)
In my old office job, we only got Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. We weren’t allowed to wfh or leave early at any point over that time but all the clients were off so you basically sat in an empty office doing the sum total of duck all, or wasted used up some of your A/L. I never realised how depressing it was until I started my current job where it’s shut down for Christmas and NY. Oddly, it makes me feel even more sympathy for people who have to work the entire break, especially in retail and healthcare due to the public generally being such cunts these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Fear Mongering through products. What's "toxic/clean/sustainable/green/" etc. I've had enough. Sick of seeing some influencer pushing a product they've been paid to push after they read off a script about how everything else on the market will kill you. Those same people are the ones who overconsume THE MOST. How is buying a non-toxic candle helpful when you're also driving about in one of several of your gas guzzling cars all day, or ordering countless of items to ship to your door on a daily basis?
Awww bollox to them ,bloody hypocrites....... I buy what I want . The World isn't going to end because I put the bloody washing machine on 10° hotter than I did the other day........

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sick of vloggers,so called influencers, not declaring Ads or gifted items. If this is their job, they should know the rules and be transparent. God help most of these grifters if they had to get jobs in the real world

In my old office job, we only got Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. We weren’t allowed to wfh or leave early at any point over that time but all the clients were off so you basically sat in an empty office doing the sum total of duck all, or wasted used up some of your A/L. I never realised how depressing it was until I started my current job where it’s shut down for Christmas and NY. Oddly, it makes me feel even more sympathy for people who have to work the entire break, especially in retail and healthcare due to the public generally being such cunts these days.
Office worker here but I’ve never managed to work anywhere that shuts down over Christmas so always use A/L. Sister and husband, however, all manage to always work somewhere that closes - and they don’t even have to save A/L for it. I’m not bitter, honest 😂

Reactions: 8
My husband has always had crimbo limbo off. I work in a hospital so I can't even book AL around Xmas, I can't imagine having a job that shuts down before Xmas eve and doesn't open until after new Year. Might have a career change 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.