Things that you are sick of seeing on Social Media #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who announce their good deeds in a humble brag. Well done you if you bought a rough sleeper a sandwich, here's a special badge I've made you.
This happened a few years ago in my town Facebook group. A homeless man turned up on a bench and people were almost competing to out do each other making him roast dinners & giving him sleeping bags etc posting it on facebook.
In the end the man has to tell them to eff off & then people complained he wasn’t grateful enough and was abusing them. In the end he was moved on.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
People who announce their good deeds in a humble brag. Well done you if you bought a rough sleeper a sandwich, here's a special badge I've made you.
I much prefer the people who do random acts of kindness without posting about it on social media. My Nan, who is 88, always buys the homeless man near her shopping centre a cheese and onion pastie and a coffee from Greggs. She doesn't brag about it, it's just part of her shopping trip. Her old lady mates do the same for different rough sleepers.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
This really winds me up. I saw a child offering a hot drink to someone in a doorway yesterday and his dad joyfully announced it’ll be going on his youtube as a good deed for the day. The person just sat there looking even more confused and devastated...

That goes double for influencers who stick a camera in a vulnerable desperate persons face ask them a load of silly questions and then give them a freezing cold rubbish burger
---
Kate Garraway monetising her poor husband and his illnesses.
And the awards she’s had.
For doing it!!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Why are people still uploading there positive covid tests online??
No one gives a flying duck

Reactions: 21
I much prefer the people who do random acts of kindness without posting about it on social media. My Nan, who is 88, always buys the homeless man near her shopping centre a cheese and onion pastie and a coffee from Greggs. She doesn't brag about it, it's just part of her shopping trip. Her old lady mates do the same for different rough sleepers.
Oh god, a friend of mine tried to organise a do-gooding group for a local homeless drug addict. She wasn‘t aware of his background and I tried to gently suggest to her that she stick to contacting streetlink but she got carried away and was rounding up duvets, money, food etc. all on Facebook. It’s like those people on Mumsnet who post ‘AIBU to have given a homeless man some sandwiches’.

They just want to be congratulated for their performative do-gooding.

Reactions: 12
Snowflake microinfluencer posts 50 stories a day about an intractable conflict then flounces and shows her true (nasty) colours when, quelle surprise, she gets loads of tit from people. Then will do the exact same thing again tomorrow 🤦‍♀️

Attachments

Reactions: 2
“Hello lovelies, I’ve been having a digital detox and haven’t posted on here in sooo long (2 days). So sorry guys, I needed to take a break and be present in the moment to smell the flowers (my own farts) and reconnect with nature (touch a sprout). Back soon refreshed, my lovelies, with lots of new content and exciting projects.”

SOD...and I mean duck...OFF!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
"Watch till the end"...... when still precisely nothing will have happened, you will have lost 5 minutes of your life and I will have gamed the algorithm.

or those ridiculous reels on FB where they pretend to be making something and then do it so slowly and badly to string the video out for 30 minutes only to reveal a total piece of crap for 1 second at the end.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
The amount of "tanning" some women have especially ones from the UK. Honestly, some of them look like they should be changing ethnicity.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
“And with that the 2023 season comes to an end, goodnight”

*emotional music with video montage of how many holidays someone’s been on*

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
Competitive IN/OUT for 2024 lists.
My particular favourites: :)
IN - Surrounding yourself in nature, Celery juice in the AM
OUT - Procrastinating (what do you think compiling this list is! :D)

What is "negotiating with myself" and is it a good or bad thing?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.