Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
Why does everything have to apply to everyone these days? I’m a woman who has chosen not to have kids. I don’t need thoughts or whatever else has appeared on pictures today. I’m not a Mother the day doesn’t apply to me.
What’s next? Happy 50th to my husband but thinking of my next door neighbour whose birthday is in nine months time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
Dog lovers I’m sorry but all the XL Bully stuff being plastered all over Facebook. The lighting of candles and this. I am suprised I haven’t seen Paddington & Steve Irwin awaiting their arrival at the pearly gates.
IMG_4391.jpeg
IMG_4392.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47

Tharsheblows

VIP Member
Can’t stand normal people trying to be influencers. A family friend of mine thinks she’s some kind of influencer, despite having hardly any followers and her posts getting about 4 likes. She posted a “series” of photos on her Instagram and Facebook recently and they were literally just tourist photos of her and her boyfriend at Harry Potter studios… photos such as her holding the trolley going into platform 9 3/4. She captioned “follow for more amazing content like this!” As if random people would want to see the same photos that everybody takes when they go to Harry Potter studios. And whenever she posts a “photo series” she posts a story with emojis like “New photo series coming 👀👀👀” as if anybody is keeping themselves awake at night waiting for the next photos of her and her boyfriend on their weekend away in Manchester ffs
A woman aged 32, who works for my son has just handed her notice in. She’s sold her flat and is moving over to Dubai to become a full time ‘influencer’ her instagram account currently has 743 followers 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45

ot55

VIP Member
I hate how people have become so comfortable taking photos & filming people in public without their consent. It’s creepy af.

There was a Facebook group (not sure if it got shut down) for shaming people who wear their dry robes in public. If you haven’t seen a dry robe before, it’s those big jackets designed to be worn after wild swimming. A lot of people wear them as coats now, which people hate for some reason. The group was filled with photos of ‘dry robe public sightings’. It would be a picture of some poor woman in Tesco wearing a dry robe and they’d caption it ‘another dry robe wanker’. Even if you can’t see the face, you shouldn’t just be taking pictures of strangers to exploit for likes.

I also saw a TikTok where a girl filmed a young boy on a plane who was watching Barbie. She said it gave her hope for the future. You can’t just film random children and post them on the internet. That boy had no clue he was being filmed.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 43

Yer_wha?!

VIP Member
Dreary melts who go to the same hotel in the same resort for a fortnight every year and call it their "second home"

These are the same people who think bar/restaurant staff are their friends, and comment on social media photographs "tell Pepe Colin and Angela said hello"

• Haha
Reactions: 43

NoHintOfDrama

VIP Member
People that say or write things incorrectly (yes I appreciate that some people are dyslexic). A good example the other day was someone putting their leftovers into ‘tupplewear’ boxes 🤷🏻‍♀️
I saw last week "no man will destroy my self of steam"

Took ages to work out she meant self esteeem

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
People on FB and insta who make sketches of literally everything

563D4B1C-98CB-49B7-B328-D686579D13B6.jpeg

like wtf is this!? At first I thought it was a Matthew Perry tribute until I noticed the name of the page. I do like that they incorporated William’s bald patch. Keep Paddington away that’s all I say

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41

Liverbird2003

Chatty Member
I saw someone on TikTok live who was happily chatting away to absolute strangers, even arguing with hate comments, etc. No anxiety at all. But when someone told them why don't you get a customer service job as they fully train you even without further qualifications, they said they have too much anxiety and TikTok is different because 'they can stop when they want'.

Do they think most of us only work the hours we want to? I don't wake up at 7:30 on a Monday because that's my want, I'd love a lie in. I get anxious making phone calls at work (I only really have to make them when things go wrong), but I still do it.
I'm worried there is a generation coming that don't think they need to work normal jobs. They think they can get rich from YouTube, tik tok or Instagram, or go on love island.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41

DrLoomis

I know I have had a rant about the comments on the local Facebook page before, but today really annoyed me. There was a bad car crash on a roundabout. There were nearly 200 comments. The vast majority of them were all jokes. "Can't park there mate!" and so on. The accident happened at what is known as the McDonalds roundabout and one of the comments, which got fifty likes just said "Old McDonalds farm HAHAHAHAHAHHA"

Why is that funny? Why is that relevant to a car accident? Why are fifty people finding that funny? Honestly every day I am getting closer to just deleting all social media.

Also, extra annoying points go to the people who drive by the scene hours later when it is all over and say "Nothing when I past just now" Yes, because it happened seven hours ago you sponge.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40

Sibz

Chatty Member
Remember the days when you just got your mum a card, bunch of flowers and chocs, brekkie or cup of tea in bed and that was that. Now its such a performance every year, people posting a showreel on social media of all the presents, spa days, meals out, a long monologue that noone can be arsed to read about how much your mum means to you/how much you love your kids, happy heavenly mothers day, people wishing happy mothers day to people that aren't even their mum, just because they have children or pets 🤦‍♀️ where does it stop?

Last edited:
Reactions: 39

Poddular

VIP Member
Im not really on sm except one small fb group and tattle but Jesus christ is there nowhere on the Internet to escape every Tom,Dick and Mary adding a " with me being adhd..." " with me being neuro diverse..." to every comment no matter the subject!!
E.g. instead of saying " oh I'm too forgetful to do that" or " I prefer bright patterned clothes " NOW IT ALWAYS HAS TO because of their dìagnosis NOT just a personality preference/choice/flaw/trait.
It makes my eyes roll to the back of my head.

• Heart
Reactions: 38