Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Is anybody else old enough to remember that horrible loo paper that was essentially tracing paper? We had it at school. Deeply unpleasant. Not sure if it still even exists.

• Haha
Reactions: 171

michelle1990

VIP Member
Freedom of speech! now no matter what you say you seem to offend some bastard

I also miss woolworths pick n mix 😩

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 70

bubbletea123

VIP Member
OK, is anyone else young enough to remember the Sabrina The Teenage Witch magazine? I LOVED it.

Also, TY beanie babies. They aren't the same now.

Glitter Babes products from Boots were my favourite growing up. Not sure if they're still around.

• Heart
Reactions: 65

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Using a Jane Norman carrier for your PE kit
Kookai bags for school
Woolworths
Tiny Polly Pockets
Bay Trading, Pilot, MK One, Morgan de Toi, Jane Norman
La Senza undies / Pjs and feeling dead grown up in there
Pineapple Dance gym wear that you wore out and about never to the gym
Dolcis and Ravel for shoes (and your Mum making you go to Barratts because it was cheaper)
Buying a single on CD from OurPrice or Virgin
Cassette tapes
Slouch boots
When I was younger - Bon Bleu tracksuits
Mizz, Sugar, J17 and More magazines
“We’re going to Looondon, to buy a Heat Magazine”
40p bus fares
Dial up internet
MSN Messenger
Bebo
Having to take money out of your savings account (with the book) to be able to go shopping because you didn’t have a debit card!
Flip phones - who didn’t want a Motorola Razr!
Slide up phones - the “chocolate phone” by LG was THE thing!
Miners makeup in Superdrug
Using concealer as lipstick
Foam parties
Bacardi Breezers and the similar alcopops made with Archers (my Mum has also only just started drinking blue WKD, think she’s solely keeping them in production! 🤣)

Ahhh to be a 90s baby!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62

Kbird

VIP Member
Growing up around here we used to have a guy that came round the streets selling bags of whelks, mussels and candy apples. You don’t get that anymore.

Also, ice-cream vans. Haven’t noticed one about here in years. Used to love staying with my nana on a Sunday, she’d give us a £ each for the ice-cream van and we’d come back with loads of sweets.
Apparantly the ice cream vans around our way sell something very different these days...🌿

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45

LittleMy

VIP Member
Funhouse, Wizadora, Mike and Angelo, Playdays, Alive and Kicking, Tots TV, Rosie and Jim.

Reactions: 38

Yel

Chatty Member
Just a few things that don't exist anymore that went unnoticed. Got any more to add?

Croissants shaped like croissants! Probably just a British thing, but they're all straight now, because buttering something with a shape was just too difficult :LOL:

Delay when speaking to the other side of the world on the phone, god knows when they updated the cables but the delay is nothing these days.

Local natural gas storage tanks that moved up and down, I guess the technology improved for gas main lines and they didn't need them anymore?

• Haha
Reactions: 37