Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LS932

Panda pops! I was banned from having the blue ones as they sent me loopy as a kid. Used to get one every Friday along with a galaxy marble

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32

CrazyGiraffeLady

VIP Member
Turkey twizzlers, vanilla ice cream flavoured monster munch, panda pops especially jelly and ice cream flavour, getting toys in cereal, Saturday morning cartoons, clear Pepsi, and I never see kids out anymore, we were always out in the holidays or weekends, don’t see many kids out on bikes or scooters on Xmas morning either.

Playboy bedroom or groovy chick bedroom, inflatable bags, slide up phones (I feel so old😂), buying a tracksuit from the market and trying to pass it off as real😂 (I’m not a chav I swear), going half’s on a pack of cigs with your mates, drinking on the park on Friday nights, girls wearing ribbon in their hair (2004 fashionnnnn)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

tootsie

Chatty Member
Using a Jane Norman carrier for your PE kit
Kookai bags for school
Woolworths
Tiny Polly Pockets
Bay Trading, Pilot, MK One, Morgan de Toi, Jane Norman
La Senza undies / Pjs and feeling dead grown up in there
Pineapple Dance gym wear that you wore out and about never to the gym
Dolcis and Ravel for shoes (and your Mum making you go to Barratts because it was cheaper)
Buying a single on CD from OurPrice or Virgin
Cassette tapes
Slouch boots
When I was younger - Bon Bleu tracksuits
Mizz, Sugar, J17 and More magazines
“We’re going to Looondon, to buy a Heat Magazine”
40p bus fares
Dial up internet
MSN Messenger
Bebo
Having to take money out of your savings account (with the book) to be able to go shopping because you didn’t have a debit card!
Flip phones - who didn’t want a Motorola Razr!
Slide up phones - the “chocolate phone” by LG was THE thing!
Miners makeup in Superdrug
Using concealer as lipstick
Foam parties
Bacardi Breezers and the similar alcopops made with Archers (my Mum has also only just started drinking blue WKD, think she’s solely keeping them in production! 🤣)

Ahhh to be a 90s baby!
Yes to all of these!
Remember La Senza used to package up whatever you bought in a fancy box with tissue paper and those smelly orange pearl things in it?! No wonder they went bust...they spent too much on packaging!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Absolutely loving this thread! Bought back so many great memories! Especially finding a toy in your cereal, completely forgot about that and gave me so much happiness like I was 8 years old again 🤣
To add a few:
Tamagotchis
Furbies
McDonald's having the Ronald McDonald foundation donation box where a coin would whirl around for the whole time it took for them to cook your £1.99 happy meal
Petrol being less than £1 a litre
Teletext so grandad could check his lottery numbers or the football scores
Yellow pages
Goosebumps
Rosie and Jim
Cassettes
CD singles
The Walkman - that would always skip a bit of the song if you walked too fast and heaven forbid trying to run with it
The foil Christmas chain decorations that your mum would use a drawing pin to stick to the ceiling
Playing "kerbie" in the streets and seeing other kids playing out in general
Being able to leave your push bike out in the driveway whilst you went inside to have your lunch and it wouldn't have been stolen!
Sunny D
School sponge cake (the one with all the multi coloured sprinkles on the top)
Supermarkets leaving their old cardboard boxes out for customer's to pack their shopping in to
The weird goo alien toys that would "make babies" if you put them back to back in the fridge 🤣
The millennial coin collections they done in Sainsburys (I think)
The battery hair braid thing that would tangle your hair into the biggest knot and rip most of it out
"Scoobys" the plastic string things you could plait together and make key rings out of
Push pops
Blow pens
Penny sweets
McDonalds birthday parties
And a ps2 that could play new games and all the original ps1 games as they were transferable without having to buy a whole new console (like you do now!) And the memory sticks that would sometimes not save your game or would be "full" and you'd have to play roulette deleting another save game which you hope wasn't the one with your best score 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 29

coconochanel

VIP Member
Puff crisps. Used to get them at the tuck shop in Primary School, very small crisps. Can’t really explain them haha! Went one Friday to the tuck shop full of anticipation and they were gone, never seen again.
OMG I used to love Puff crisps. Can anyone remember chocolate cigarettes they used to be individually wrapped in white paper and come in a box like proper cigs.

Tammy girl and a McDonald’s meal for £2.88.
you used to get a happy meal for £1.99

Reactions: 29

TommyTBFC

Puff crisps. Used to get them at the tuck shop in Primary School, very small crisps. Can’t really explain them haha! Went one Friday to the tuck shop full of anticipation and they were gone, never seen again.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

MeghanSnarkle

VIP Member
Sunny delight ... God I used to love it as a kid then it was apparently turning all the children orange and suddenly it disappeared .

Reactions: 27

Motherofcats

Also that Filofax thing and you could add to it each week (I think).

Was it this?
1C8A778D-ACD3-4196-A3A0-7DF603920EC5.jpeg

You know when you see something and it just takes you back to another time! It had stickers and stuff inside and you could buy inserts for it! So nostalgic.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Web30

VIP Member
For me it's watching TV live. I watch more on catch up or Netflix then actual Tv, never thought it would happen but it has!

Reactions: 26

Yel

Chatty Member
Mars delight was delish, I got one free on a copy of heat. I think that's most probably gone now.

Reactions: 24

wotdidijustwatch

VIP Member
Does anyone remember these hair jewels that were like mini springs that you pulled a bit apart to grip on your hair? And then rip half your hair out trying to remove them all and you always missed one so when the hairbrush caught them it was agony.

• Haha
Reactions: 23