Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mickey86

Using a Jane Norman carrier for your PE kit
Kookai bags for school
Woolworths
Tiny Polly Pockets
Bay Trading, Pilot, MK One, Morgan de Toi, Jane Norman
La Senza undies / Pjs and feeling dead grown up in there
Pineapple Dance gym wear that you wore out and about never to the gym
Dolcis and Ravel for shoes (and your Mum making you go to Barratts because it was cheaper)
Buying a single on CD from OurPrice or Virgin
Cassette tapes
Slouch boots
When I was younger - Bon Bleu tracksuits
Mizz, Sugar, J17 and More magazines
“We’re going to Looondon, to buy a Heat Magazine”
40p bus fares
Dial up internet
MSN Messenger
Bebo
Having to take money out of your savings account (with the book) to be able to go shopping because you didn’t have a debit card!
Flip phones - who didn’t want a Motorola Razr!
Slide up phones - the “chocolate phone” by LG was THE thing!
Miners makeup in Superdrug
Using concealer as lipstick
Foam parties
Bacardi Breezers and the similar alcopops made with Archers (my Mum has also only just started drinking blue WKD, think she’s solely keeping them in production! 🤣)

Ahhh to be a 90s baby!

All of these, and boys at secondary school bringing their stuff to school in a JD bag 🤣

Anyone remember those scented oil filled balls from The Body Shop that you put in the bath? What happened to those?

Reactions: 23

LittleMy

VIP Member
Freedom of speech! now no matter what you say you seem to offend some bastard

I also miss woolworths pick n mix 😩
YES.

Generation butthurt is killing my soul. You’re scared to have a sense of humour these days or so much as sniff without someone jumping on you for it. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 23

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Phone boxes
Video shops
TV guides - the only people I know who have one are my grandparents.
Penny for the Guy on November 5th (not seen anyone with a guy since I was a child and I’m almost 30)
Lollipop men / ladies (I live in fairly Central London so I’m sure this contributes, my husband says they’re definitely not extinct)

Last edited:
Reactions: 21

coconochanel

VIP Member
Following on from that, Blockbusters. Best Saturday nights ever as a child were a Mcdonalds and choosing a video from Blockbusters.
Yes but there was nothing worse then when you went to choose a new release and they had all been taken out. :giggle:

Dignity, integrity and respect to name a few 😒 This whole celeb wannabe culture makes me 🤢
Yes I remember when you had to have a talent to be called a start/celeb.

• Heart

judsmum

Chatty Member
Hitchhikers. I used to see hitchhikers all the time, I’ve not seen one in years!

• Haha

LittleMy

VIP Member
Tammy Girl.

Groovy Chick (my entire bedroom was decorated this when I was 10; curtains, bedspread the lot). 😬 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Kthxbye

Chatty Member
Heinz baked bean pizzas 😔 I loved them!
Honestly, i just really miss how life was in the late 90s, early 2000s. I miss everything about it

Reactions: 20
You can get cheese Niknaks from any South African shop, there's loads of us so defintely shop in every city and town :)

What happened to the Nokia snake game, bloody loved it also miss proper day time telly and good Xmas telly.
Used to love getting film developed, you never knew what you would find on the roll. Something I don't miss is dial-up modems!

Reactions: 19

Juliet

Chatty Member
Tesco value items with the blue stripes on the packaging, I haven’t seen those for years!

Reactions: 19

petitspois

VIP Member
Remember the Sweater Shop? really cheap jumpers with 'Cardiff' (or wherever you bought it from) written on the front

Reactions: 18

Meezy

Going to a kids disco on a Friday night and the big tunes being:
- 5ive - Everybody Get Up / Keep on Moving
- Everybody was Kung-Fu Fighting (huh!!)
- Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing (how inappropriate, but it had a resurgence cos of The Full Monty!)
- The Cartoons - Witchdoctor
- Vengaboys - Boom Boom / Vengabus
- T-Spoon - Sex On the Beach (also inappropriate!)
- Aqua - Barbie Girl / Dr Jones
- Cotton Eyed Joe

• Haha

Sloggingaway

Chatty Member
Going to show my old age..
Getting on a bus for 5p for upto 4 stops and 10p into town
5 and 10p mixes from the corner shops
Fetching my mum cigarettes with a note when I was about six 🤣 from the shop
And actually going to the shop on my own when I was five and crossing main roads
My dad installing a lock on the dial home phone so I couldn’t use it 🤣
Reserving calls to friends parents phones from the phone boxes, and the operator asking ‘ will you take a reserve call’
Clockhouse at C&A
Batter bits from the chippy
Buying a bottle of cider for 89p at 14 and not being asked for ID 🤣
City centre pubs that closed at 11 on a Saturday and 10.30 on a sunday
Nightclubs
Having to get dressed up like the dogs dinner to get into nightclubs as there was a dress coat and all men had to wear collars and ties to get in
Kookai
Emus pink windmill
Grotbags 🤣
Why don’t you... just switch off the tv and do something more interesting instead 🤣
Only having three channels to watch on tv and being estastic when channel four was launched
Leaving the key under the door mat or having it on a piece of string on the door so you could grab it through the letterbox
Oh I could be here all night ... I’m that old lol 🤣🤣

• Heart