Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Panda pops! I was banned from having the blue ones as they sent me loopy as a kid. Used to get one every Friday along with a galaxy marble

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
W
Were they just weird little things filled with air?

Also frisps can be found in home bargains!
Yep, they’re the ones! Had many of carefree hours munching down on those bad lads at break times I can tell you!

Reactions: 4
Puff crisps. Used to get them at the tuck shop in Primary School, very small crisps. Can’t really explain them haha! Went one Friday to the tuck shop full of anticipation and they were gone, never seen again.
I think they were called Raibow Drops

edit... ignore that... totally different product

Reactions: 3
Is anybody else old enough to remember that horrible loo paper that was essentially tracing paper? We had it at school. Deeply unpleasant. Not sure if it still even exists.
Yes. Nightmarish. My gran used to buy medicated loo roll too. 😬 🧻

Reactions: 2
I loved The Queen's Nose and The Demon Headmaster. The theme tunes make me soo nostalgic.
Also loved Sleepover Club... it was an Australian show on CITV, I think.
Loved the sleepover club! I remember the theme tune 😂
And California dreams was a fave. Kids TV is totally not the same anymore 🙁

Reactions: 11
Is anybody else old enough to remember that horrible loo paper that was essentially tracing paper? We had it at school. Deeply unpleasant. Not sure if it still even exists.
Yes! They had this at my primary school. Vile

Reactions: 1
Funhouse, Wizadora, Mike and Angelo, Playdays, Alive and Kicking, Tots TV, Rosie and Jim.

Reactions: 38
Puff crisps. Used to get them at the tuck shop in Primary School, very small crisps. Can’t really explain them haha! Went one Friday to the tuck shop full of anticipation and they were gone, never seen again.
OMG I used to love Puff crisps. Can anyone remember chocolate cigarettes they used to be individually wrapped in white paper and come in a box like proper cigs.

Tammy girl and a McDonald’s meal for £2.88.
you used to get a happy meal for £1.99

Reactions: 29
Phone boxes
Video shops
TV guides - the only people I know who have one are my grandparents.
Penny for the Guy on November 5th (not seen anyone with a guy since I was a child and I’m almost 30)
Lollipop men / ladies (I live in fairly Central London so I’m sure this contributes, my husband says they’re definitely not extinct)
Lancashire still has lollipop men / women outside schools

Reactions: 2
Snaps!! They were really thin chocolate and were so good. Honestly used to buy packets with my friends in primary and eat them all!

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.