Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Using a Jane Norman carrier for your PE kit
Kookai bags for school
Woolworths
Tiny Polly Pockets
Bay Trading, Pilot, MK One, Morgan de Toi, Jane Norman
La Senza undies / Pjs and feeling dead grown up in there
Pineapple Dance gym wear that you wore out and about never to the gym
Dolcis and Ravel for shoes (and your Mum making you go to Barratts because it was cheaper)
Buying a single on CD from OurPrice or Virgin
Cassette tapes
Slouch boots
When I was younger - Bon Bleu tracksuits
Mizz, Sugar, J17 and More magazines
“We’re going to Looondon, to buy a Heat Magazine”
40p bus fares
Dial up internet
MSN Messenger
Bebo
Having to take money out of your savings account (with the book) to be able to go shopping because you didn’t have a debit card!
Flip phones - who didn’t want a Motorola Razr!
Slide up phones - the “chocolate phone” by LG was THE thing!
Miners makeup in Superdrug
Using concealer as lipstick
Foam parties
Bacardi Breezers and the similar alcopops made with Archers (my Mum has also only just started drinking blue WKD, think she’s solely keeping them in production! 🤣)

Ahhh to be a 90s baby!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
I loved those too!! There is a podcast called "Double Love" which is two Irish women recapping Sweet Valley High from book 1 onward, it is hilarious and such a trip down memory lane! When you hear the plots of those books now it's a real eye opener! 😂 Or if you prefer reading to podcasts, it all stemmed from one of the hosts recapping them in blogposts - http://redlemonade.blogspot.com/
I’ll check this out!!

Kookai bags for school
Woolworths
Tiny Polly Pockets
Dolcis and Ravel for shoes (and your Mum making you go to Barratts because it was cheaper)
Cassette tapes
Slouch boots
40p bus fares
Dial up internet
MSN Messenger
Bebo
Having to take money out of your savings account (with the book) to be able to go shopping because you didn’t have a debit card!
Foam parties
Bacardi Breezers and the similar alcopops made with Archers (my Mum has also only just started drinking blue WKD, think she’s solely keeping them in production! 🤣)

Ahhh to be a 90s baby!
I remember Mizz magazine. I’d forgotten about that

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Power cuts!! I have such fond memories as a child (mid 30s now) of power cuts that lasted days when there was bad weather, my whole street would come to ours for warm food and drinks as my mum had gas camping stoves, candles were always a staple in the cupboard under the sink! The last one we had lasted 4 minutes about 3 years ago... I miss the adventure 😅

Reactions: 17

Yel

Don’t we all 😂 and those t shirts that changed colour due to your body heat. I forget what they were called
Ha yes! those ones that highlighted your sweaty arm pits. Although after a few months the colour change stopped working (or was that mother dearest fault who was always bleeping up my clothes as she kept washing at 90 because it got things really clean!).

I had light blue that turned pink :D

Power cuts!!
Yes! I actually have had some where I am - once every two years ish. But I get a text at the same time and its usually back on within an hour :(

I miss the scrambling for torches and candles and playing card games, and generally how quiet it was for power cut nights.

I have a camping stove and a wood burner so I'm biased. But love it :D

Reactions: 3
Ha yes! those ones that highlighted your sweaty arm pits. Although after a few months the colour change stopped working (or was that mother dearest fault who was always bleeping up my clothes as she kept washing at 90 because it got things really clean!).

I had light blue that turned pink :D
Same! And then I got paranoid that I looked like a sweaty Betty and I stopped wearing it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Scratch n sniff t-shirts
Ra ra skirts.
Heartbreak high
Sausage and tomato crisps
Cabana bars
Football crazy crisps
Jesters biscuits
Treehouse toy
Pippa doll
Playing out with your mates all summer holidays.
Christmas lasting 2 weeks!!!

Reactions: 9
Scratch n sniff t-shirts
Ra ra skirts.
Heartbreak high
Sausage and tomato crisps
Cabana bars
Football crazy crisps
Jesters biscuits
Treehouse toy
Pippa doll
Playing out with your mates all summer holidays.
Christmas lasting 2 weeks!!!
I look back with such fond memories of my childhood. I absolutely loved being out all the time. Me and my mates playing out all day everyday. It was the best!

Reactions: 11
Kookai bags for school
Woolworths
Tiny Polly Pockets
Cassette tapes
Slouch boots
40p bus fares
Dial up internet
MSN Messenger
Bebo
Foam parties

Ahhh to be a 90s baby!
Yes to all of these!
Remember La Senza used to package up whatever you bought in a fancy box with tissue paper and those smelly orange pearl things in it?! No wonder they went bust...they spent too much on packaging!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Remember the Sweater Shop? really cheap jumpers with 'Cardiff' (or wherever you bought it from) written on the front

Reactions: 18
Kookai bags for school
Woolworths
Tiny Polly Pockets
Cassette tapes
Slouch boots
40p bus fares
Dial up internet
MSN Messenger
Bebo
Foam parties

Ahhh to be a 90s baby!

All of these, and boys at secondary school bringing their stuff to school in a JD bag 🤣

Anyone remember those scented oil filled balls from The Body Shop that you put in the bath? What happened to those?

Reactions: 23
Yes to all of these!
Remember La Senza used to package up whatever you bought in a fancy box with tissue paper and those smelly orange pearl things in it?! No wonder they went bust...they spent too much on packaging!
I bought a lot of nighties from them.

Reactions: 2
Other replies reminded me of:
The Sweater Shop
Ti-dye (sp?) Tops
Fruit of the Loom

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.