thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #7 All in, smug grin, let’s manifest Boston by doing more colouring in

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He is one of the most spectacularly disinterested fathers I have ever seen
If he’s like this with his own, imagine his interactions with the step kids. Nil.

No career path, incredibly selfish and spends his days scrounging off the government (tbc but there is no other way to fund their lifestyle with a brood that large). What a role model to look up to.

Reactions: 4
In fairness she’s done a decent long run today (a few minutes stop as standard) but not a million miles from sub-4 pace. Shame that she won’t taper properly, let her body adapt to the outrageous unnecessary miles she’s put in and prepare for the race though… that run today will need a lot of recovery. I reckon she’ll be on track for sub 4 up to about 18 miles then bonk in a big way. BQ is still a total pipe dream.

Reactions: 5
Yup, decent run today and I think if she had started slower she wouldn't have tailed off so much towards the end. Will she be sensible and take the time to recover properly? I think if she goes out aiming for 4hrs she might well sneak a sub 4.

Reactions: 6
Credit where credit is due. That was an impressive run. Did get slower at the end though which doesn't bode well for miles 23-26.4 (likely actual distance) but I think she might come in around 3:55 if fuelling, pacing and nerves are under control

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Raced her workout again, I see. Shame she’s putting it all out there in training- won’t have anything left for race day.

But so glad she’s chuffed she nailed it when it didn’t count.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Also if it really "felt so good". Why was her last mile 9:04 rather than 8:20 like her first mile?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
That was a great run but who does 35km run at what I guess is marathon pace so close to the actual race. It’s so confusing! Why not just run 20k at marathon pace and save your body. It’s really not necessary to put your body under that stress before the actual race.

Reactions: 8
Feels like de ja Vu. I'm sure in one of her previous training blocks she ran a well paced long run and then when it came to the actual event a few weeks later it all went to pot.
She's still got Cardiff Half next weekend, will she run sensible or race? To be honest not sure why she's doing that event so close to Amsterdam.

Reactions: 9
It’s a good paced long run - but why claim it at the pace for moving time rather than the elapsed time, which you’d actually race on.

8:34 / mile moving and 8:46/mile elapsed isn’t vastly out. But her run was not 8:34 so why put that on IG. Both would be sub 4 hour pace if sustained to the end.

Reactions: 7
I wonder if that's it from her.

Last time she brought all the training together and raced a 20 mile training run, she took off to Africa right after and ditched the actual marathon.

I feel like she goes "all in" on the long run to prove the haters wrong knowing race day never goes well. We'll see

Reactions: 7
Still don’t think she will get sub 4. Sticking with my 4.23!
Yes, I think the traveling and different food will affect her. She needs to travel at least 2 days before the marathon and be really careful about what she eats if she's going to get under 4 hours.

Reactions: 3
I feel really deflated about running today. I work hard, adapt my training around my children and tbf, would never be able to run what she did today. But that isn’t inspiring to me at all. I don’t have the time to train like she does. What is the ‘juggle.’ &
why do people find her so inspiring? I feel really flat after seeing that tbh because yes it was a good run, probably wearing shoes I can’t afford, but I don’t get the hype.
She makes me want to pack running in; knowing that to get anywhere you need to be unemployed and have a live-in ‘coach.’ Please someone prove me wrong….??

• Sad
Reactions: 11
What was that run meant to be today? You wouldn’t run 22 miles at mara pace 3 weeks out, no coach would recommend that as you couldn’t recover in time. And let’s face it, she bonked. I’d be raging if I slowed that much in my last long run, I’d want like 10 mile easy, 12 mile mara pace but even that is punchy 3 weeks out

Reactions: 9
I feel really deflated about running today. I work hard, adapt my training around my children and tbf, would never be able to run what she did today. But that isn’t inspiring to me at all. I don’t have the time to train like she does. What is the ‘juggle.’ &
why do people find her so inspiring? I feel really flat after seeing that tbh because yes it was a good run, probably wearing shoes I can’t afford, but I don’t get the hype.
She makes me want to pack running in; knowing that to get anywhere you need to be unemployed and have a live-in ‘coach.’ Please someone prove me wrong….??
Please don’t feel in the slightest bit bad. For the amount she trains, her results aren’t good.

There are many out there who see through their social media parade and don’t find them inspiring at all, in fact quite the opposite. It’ll all come crashing down for these two, it always does.

Reactions: 13
I feel really deflated about running today. I work hard, adapt my training around my children and tbf, would never be able to run what she did today.
Comparing yourself to her is not the point. Run because you love it and for how it makes you feel. You are juggling a lot and you should be damned proud of that! When you look back on your life, you’ll never even think about Kels, so don’t let her bother you now.

On the plus side, it will all be fine, because she’s going to bonk on race day because she insists on racing her workouts.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.