thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #7 All in, smug grin, let’s manifest Boston by doing more colouring in

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What are people thinking?

I thought she might be on for a very decent sub 4, but consistent disparity between elapsed pace and Strava pace is showing her up.

I’ve made this mistake myself (kidded myself?!) and you really do need that long run sustained at at least big chunks of marathon pace, if not all.

I’m not confident she’s gonna make a sub 4 at this rate, but for sure she should PB?
We've given her that benefit of the doubt many times before (remember Berlin last year when she had great training?) and then magically got sick the day before and eeked out a 4:45 marathon? Or London where it was even worse? But, maybe I'm just being too cynical about it and she'll squeak out a solid 4:15.

Reactions: 5
If she makes it to the start line, it will be interesting to see how she goes about the race.

Of course, if this is a legit BQ attempt, she'll need to go through the first half in about 1:45-1:50. If she tries to do that, I can see her bonking spectacularly and it could be a DNF or 5 hour+ sh*tshow.

If she's more realistic, and meets herself where she's currently at fitness and ability wise, she's got a much better chance of maybe running a steady 4:20ish (which would be a big but realistic improvement and probably close to what she should have been aiming for all along).

I’m going for a bonkathon at 4:55. I do think she will actually start this race but I think she’ll go out too fast and bonk at 10 miles.

I’m guessing she’ll go out too fast and bonk. I’d guess around the 4:30 mark which would still be an awesome achievement.

Using the HM time x 2 + 20min rough estimate, she’d be on route to 4ish hours. But her training has not been remotely marathon focused and I think ego will trump reality and she’ll go out too fast (no doubt has given a much faster time than ability so will once again get swept up by the MUCH faster runners) and bonk before she even gets to the half way mark and her head will get the better of her. So I would guess 4:40 but I’m still not convinced she will get to the start line.

Do you put an estimated finish time for Amsterdam? Guarantee she’s put herself down for 3:30 and if she doesn’t have to give proof, she’ll be in the wrong starting pen for sure. Just looked up the starting waves for Amsterdam, if she gets a pink or orange number then she’s put too fast a time as her estimated finish.

Reactions: 3
It’s crazy that with all the hours, miles and HARD WORK (🤢) she puts in to focussing on JUST running and training for some marathon or another that she hasn’t nailed how to properly pace one.

I reckon my best ever executed race was my very first marathon (London) .. trained for a mara pace of 6.30 min/km and on the day that was my average pace 🙌. Did all my long runs at that pace, built up to one x 30km longest run and my peak week was 50 miles. Never nailed my pacing quite like that since 😅😅

Reactions: 7
If she actually gets to the start without another drama i predict she'll go off fast . Make it to 11 miles then the wheels will come off and she'll shuffle to the finish line at best 4.35. Blaming gut issues or a pulled muscle. Same old tit basically 🙄

Reactions: 6
I am throwing my hat in for 4.20.
A few months back I thought she might smash 4 hours but her training approach has been bizarre these last few weeks. She seems to get incredibly stressed in the run up to race and it goes to pot. She does better when there's no pressure (e.g her Severn bridge half pb recently). So don't understand why she puts the pressure on herself with ridiculous unachievable goals.

I just think she isn't even going to start at this rate. If she does maybe she will PB but she wont be near a BQ

Reactions: 4
It’s 3451 miles to Boston from Amsterdam and I think that’s closer than she will be to a BQ.

4.40 with a stomach issue around 10/12 miles

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I reckon DNS.

If she does start, then it will be a fast first 5k and a steady decline from there. 4:35 finish.

I'd bet on most likely a DNS, if not, she will go off way too fast deluding herself she's in 3:45 shape and bonk around mile 14, finishing in 4:20.

Reactions: 4
If she starts I reckon 4.23 on a good day but could be way slower depending on how fast she does the first half (ie too fast so she bonks and can’t do the latter half as not trained at any sort of sustained MP) I don’t think she will sub 4. And BQ? No. Just no.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.