thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #7 All in, smug grin, let’s manifest Boston by doing more colouring in

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Then run a different route instead of the one that takes you over the railway lines 4 times? Still call bullshit on her having to stop that many times for crossings. That’d be more trains than the West Coast Mainline ffs.
Call me sad but looking at her route on the aerial map her rail crossings were all bridges so she must be taking up train spotting as a hobby!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Call me sad but looking at her route on the aerial map her rail crossings were all bridges so she must be taking up train spotting as a hobby!
In her defence, (did I actually just say that?), having driven (and walked) around Lydney, it is all level crossings. One though is for a heritage steam railway that I doubt is running that frequently off season. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Has anyone read Tits post from this morning? Couldn't be arsed myself, a whole essay on his 10k PB 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
I just went to have a nosey but really couldn't be bothered actually reading his wittering on about his 10k.

Kelly really isn’t looking well lately. No rest and too much time in the sun (without a Buff hat!) is quickly catching up to her.

Reactions: 5
I tried to watch her stories but her face makes me angry. She was banging on about ticking off the boxes before Amsterdam, like she’s not going to bonk after 10 miles. Maybe 13 miles, if I give her credit.
her run this morning was 10 or 11 miles, non stop but she can’t hold the pace. She was getting progressively slower (not by much but still slower) and that’s not even BQ pace.

If she's already slowed down by 40 seconds/mile by mile 11, I hate to think what mile 26 will look like

Erica, hun… you are embarrassing yourself. Go into the corner and think about what you’ve said. And as for Kells with the blushing emoji, you can duck right off! A glimpse of the overtraining that won’t pay off.
Do these people not see her elapsed time on most runs?! So many idiots in the world!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
A ten miler is neither here nor there. If you are doing a BIG one at weekend (which is last chance before taper?) you surely don’t run ten miles tempo following on a double day. Absolute insanity! There again, when it’s your full time job….. 🥴

• Haha
A ten miler is neither here nor there. If you are doing a BIG one at weekend (which is last chance before taper?) you surely don’t run ten miles tempo following on a double day. Absolute insanity! There again, when it’s your full time job….. 🥴
It's beyond me why she didn't do a proper long run today to enable her to do one final long run Tuesday/Wednesday next week as a very final long run before a 2.5 week taper. She's really missing the endurance and now, as you say, will only be able do 1 more.

Has she done any long runs? 15 mi plus? I only ever see 4-8 miles of nothing particular, pointless double days, or 3 hrs elapsed time spent making sped up videos that make me feel sick.
I’m doing London next week and the one run type I prioritise above all is obvs the long run. You’d be mad or stupid not to.

Reactions: 6
Has she done any long runs? 15 mi plus? I only ever see 4-8 miles of nothing particular, pointless double days, or 3 hrs elapsed time spent making sped up videos that make me feel sick.
I’m doing London next week and the one run type I prioritise above all is obvs the long run. You’d be mad or stupid not to.
A few 17 milers, one 19 miler a while back and one 20 miler I think. They were all very slow by elapsed time/ getting slower and many of them were many weeks ago- too far out from the race. No progressive/ "fast finish" 20 milers.

Not enough long runs, and no long runs with intervals at marathon pace.
But, what is her intended marathon pace? I assume she isn't intending to BQ at Amsterdam and this is just a part way goal, or is she deluded enough to think it's achievable? I don't watch her vlogs so I don't know if she's said what her Amsterdam goal is. At this point in time I think she'll be pushing it to even get sub 4.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.