thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #7 All in, smug grin, let’s manifest Boston by doing more colouring in

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there ANY Coach in the world that might come on here and tell us we are all wrong and that Tits has dialled into some top secret layer of training that no one else has yet discovered? I almost want to hear from someone who can show me how this can work?!

I guess if elite/pro maybe?

But even then I can’t see a pro doing a 5 mile ‘shake out’ ahead of a 5km race attempt at a PB?

Can someone make it make sense for me please?

Reactions: 2
I’m pretty sure even elite 5000m runners don’t run as much as him. Where’s the strength work, the proper fuelling? Strong legs and core are what helps you find those extra seconds, not running to exhaustion day in day out.

Reactions: 6
I listen to a podcast by two elite (2:10 mara and 62 hm) runners in Australia. They often talk about their pre race routine for anything from the 3k - Marathon. The longest ‘shakeout’ run they do pre-race is 20 minutes/ 4-5km, and they’re proper elites. 5 miles is insane.

Reactions: 4
I’m pretty sure even elite 5000m runners don’t run as much as him. Where’s the strength work, the proper fuelling? Strong legs and core are what helps you find those extra seconds, not running to exhaustion day in day out.
I'm sure on his podium 5k Vlog he said that all he had to eat the day of the race was some plain microwave rice :oops: I was hungry just watching it!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
I'm sure on his podium 5k Vlog he said that all he had to eat the day of the race was some plain microwave rice :oops: I was hungry just watching it!
Yeah he was vlogging whilst eating that microwave rice and telling us that was his pre race meal 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Well I see Eilish has pulled out of her London Marathon debut because she can’t get her sugar levels right on her long runs. Now that is very sensible and even more so a responsible thing to do

Reactions: 17
How is he even allowed to coach others.
If my coach(es) did half the tit he does, I'd be outta there in a flash.

Is there ANY Coach in the world that might come on here and tell us we are all wrong and that Tits has dialled into some top secret layer of training that no one else has yet discovered? I almost want to hear from someone who can show me how this can work?!

I guess if elite/pro maybe?

But even then I can’t see a pro doing a 5 mile ‘shake out’ ahead of a 5km race attempt at a PB?

Can someone make it make sense for me please?
ok I'll bite. I'm a coach. And lots of elite athletes would in fact do that. And I'd do a shakeout of about 2/3 miles before an evening race, which if you kind of scale it up to 100+ mile weeks probably does mean the same as about 5 miles easy for him. There's nothing actually unusual in that. Its the lack of any rest days/ overtraiing elsewhere that's the issue. Well, that and of course he's not an elite athlete.

That, and applying 100 mile weeks training, to people running over 4 hour marathons. That's just terrible coaching.

Well I see Eilish has pulled out of her London Marathon debut because she can’t get her sugar levels right on her long runs. Now that is very sensible and even more so a responsible thing to do
I agree that it's sensible but it's also not really an option for an elite runner - she can't afford to cock it up and badly injure/damage herself. So it's just being a pro. Where Tits goes wrong is thinking he can train like an elite withouth doing all the other most fundamental stuff they do: rest, recover,take breaks etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
What was he doing for 3mins on his strong and controlled run (what ever the f**k that means)?

Reactions: 1
Clearly she doesn't WANT IT enough. 😆 Just kidding all! Nothing but love for Eilish, and her taking a sensible approach to her profession.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Ok so what I don't get is, how after all this time is he still such a bad coach. With an almost infinite
amount of research material online, he could be an expert. There's no denying he has talent to run. His London performance shows that. And those 5 mins of fame were the perfect springboard to launch a coaching career.
I have taken up hobbies and become very very good at what I did-and it was all due to research and YouTube videos. And that was with kids, house cleaning and a full time job!
The information is there, why doesn't he absorb it and use it to his advantage?
It's not like he has anything else to do!
Instead it looks like he just applies a one size fits all plan to everyone that is stupid enough to listen (and pay) for his coaching.
Tits- do your homework! Invest in research rather than 6hrs of junk miles every week.

Ok so what I don't get is, how after all this time is he still such a bad coach. With an almost infinite
amount of research material online, he could be an expert. There's no denying he has talent to run. His London performance shows that. And those 5 mins of fame were the perfect springboard to launch a coaching career.
I have taken up hobbies and become very very good at what I did-and it was all due to research and YouTube videos. And that was with kids, house cleaning and a full time job!
Instead it looks like he just applies a one size fits all plan to everyone that is stupid enough to listen (and pay) for his coaching.
Tits- do your homework! Invest in research rather than 6hrs of junk miles every week.
Not worth it to him if it’s not ‘grammable 🙄

Reactions: 2
The mistake you are making is thinking he thinks like you. You, like a good decent human being, think "right, I want to get better, how can I learn from the experts?"
He on the other hand is an arrogant chancer who thinks he knows it all already and therefore has nothing to learn from anyone else. If he's ever read a coaching book or spoken to an actual, reputable coach (and taken in a word they've said) I'd keel over in shock.

PMG said yesterday that run coaching is a luxury for most people and they are cutting back and she's losing a lot of her income, I'm sure it will be the same for Tits.

PMG said yesterday that run coaching is a luxury for most people and they are cutting back and she's losing a lot of her income, I'm sure it will be the same for Tits.
That’s not surprising at all, with the cost of energy and everything else having a running coach is definitely a luxury for most.

Reactions: 3
I think he was extremely inexperienced when he started coaching; he’s still making mistakes beginners make. But now he’s in too deep to change his tactics. Once again, his ego prevents any real potential he might have. This is all so obvious between his social media posts and his own race times. I can’t see how people hire him now; the smoke and mirrors are gone.

Reactions: 4
1. Huge ego and lack of emotional intelligence gets in the way of him learning/changing his beliefs
2. Not very intelligent
3. W*nker

• Haha
Reactions: 9
One thing I will give PMG credit for is that she is aware she is lucky to have made some sort of living out of coaching, is likely to take a big hit soon and is already looking for additional jobs.

Unlike these two shysters.

Tempted to repost that in her thread so she can see it and see its not all bad vibes from us 😂

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.