thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #7 All in, smug grin, let’s manifest Boston by doing more colouring in

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They did Berlin and London back to back last year and had an absolutely awful time didn’t they? Pair of clowns, but people keep throwing cash for coaching and products that’ll likely never be used, keep doing it…

• Sad
Reactions: 5
If they can get a place in London, they’re doing it. Why would they start training sensibly now?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
They did Berlin and London back to back last year and had an absolutely awful time didn’t they? Pair of clowns, but people keep throwing cash for coaching and products that’ll likely never be used, keep doing it…
It’ll dry up soon enough, mark my words. And once it does, Kelly will move onto another guy (kid number 5) and Tits will move back in with Mum and Dad, jobless and with no qualifications. Only then will the penny drop.

Reactions: 11
It’ll dry up soon enough, mark my words. And once it does, Kelly will move onto another guy (kid number 5) and Tits will move back in with Mum and Dad, jobless and with no qualifications. Only then will the penny drop.
I am waiting for this.

Reactions: 7
Calling it early that the 20 miler won’t happen today and she’ll roll it over.

Also offering to eat my Buff if I’m wrong 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It’s so humid up here. Ugh. Good luck to her (and anyone else) pulling a 20mile one.

Greggs at the ready.

Reactions: 3
Right, time to start stocking up on popcorn for Amsterdam Bonkathon. 🍿🍿🍿 She slowed RIGHT down to 7 minute kms at the end. And that's just 20 miles not 26. And that's including 15 minutes of watch pauses.

How the hell does she think she can sustain 5:00/km pace for the full marathon in a few weeks time 🤯🤯🤯
Better get eating that hat @PawsDog 😆 she has done it. Slowed up a lot for the last few miles though, claims something was wrong (over doing it maybe Kelly?!)

• Wow
Reactions: 12
She needs to face up to the fact that no amount of atomic habits or CEO tips can change her physiology.
She has Type 1 diabetes which is effectively a disability when it comes to running; has been through 5 pregnancies; and has a naturally low VO2 Max, and evidently a particular weakness for long distance (especially the marathon).
As Charlotte Purdue said on her own YouTube channel, everyone has a natural ceiling. I'm sure Charlotte Purdue would love to be breaking the marathon world record but realises that a 2:15 marathon is just not a realistic goal time for her physiology.
Similarly, Kelly's limit may well be a 4+ hour marathon.
It's just quite sad she will only be happy when she's achieved something that might just not be physically possible for her and sacrificing time with her children in futile pursuit of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
As we all predicted, as soon as she gets in to the tasty end of the mileage in training she starts to bonk. She does not have it in her to sustain the times over 26.2 miles like she has been doing in 5k/10k/half’s. She’s fucked beyond 13.1 because she OVER TRAINS.

Reactions: 12
A purpose for what? To escape your kids more often than necessary? Please do enlighten us!
I don’t dispute her statement that all her runs had a purpose - every single one was for the gram! 🙄 For adulation. For kudos and likes. Nothing like the purpose of most peoples training blocks for a marathon: easy runs easy for aerobic fitness and base building, focused intervals/hills/fartlek for the pace in said race.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Ok I’ve eaten my Buff.

My second prediction to it not happening at all was that she would bail it at about 20km, my third was she would bonk.

True to form, she bonked.

Reactions: 8
She has Type 1 diabetes which is effectively a disability when it comes to running; has been through 5 pregnancies; and has a naturally low VO2 Max, and evidently a particular weakness for long distance (especially the marathon).
This is what I keep thinking, T1 is a serious issue and has a big impact on running. I listened to a podcast once with an actually sensible and talented runner with T1 who was hoping to achieve a specific time (maybe sub 3, I can't really remember but he was also closer to it being achievable than Kels) and saying how much T1 impacted his ability to do it because of having to monitor your bloods so much and it changing your options for fueling. It's not something to mess around with. I'd also say you probably need a coach who understands the impact it has.

Someone is getting injured soon. I'm surprised it hasn't already happened. I'm crap at being consistent with strength training but I do make an effort to do it because every time I try to push it and am not bothered with the strength stuff I get injured. All my best (which isn't that good) running has been when I've also been consistent with resistance training.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.