thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #7 All in, smug grin, let’s manifest Boston by doing more colouring in

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had a watch of the vlog. Bizarre way to carry on about going to a parkrun. As someone else mentioned, I hope any beginners don’t watch that and assume parkrun is elite and not for them. When I was new, I was quite anxious about turning up and trying parkrun and races, assuming I was too slow and they were not for me. Throwing up half way round? Why is she doing it to herself, you’d have to wonder if she really enjoys any of it now. Is training for this one qualifying time really THAT important to spend SO much time on it, away from kids, literally making yourself ill about it?

And to not know what your son calls his nan and grandad? Is that not a red flag to be spending more time on your family? Why would she have left that bit in her vlog?

Reactions: 8
Had a watch of the vlog. Bizarre way to carry on about going to a parkrun. As someone else mentioned, I hope any beginners don’t watch that and assume parkrun is elite and not for them. When I was new, I was quite anxious about turning up and trying parkrun and races, assuming I was too slow and they were not for me. Throwing up half way round? Why is she doing it to herself, you’d have to wonder if she really enjoys any of it now. Is training for this one qualifying time really THAT important to spend SO much time on it, away from kids, literally making yourself ill about it?

And to not know what your son calls his nan and grandad? Is that not a red flag to be spending more time on your family? Why would she have left that bit in her vlog?
HOLD UP! She threw up halfway for a 24 minute parkrun? JFC, that's not right. She is pushing her body way beyond what it's capable of.

Reactions: 4
On a 90ish min run today I had my worst elapsed vs moving discrepancy in months 5-mins including some traffic stops (I ran around town and it was busy; if the wait for at lights is more than 10s I stop the watch) and an emergency dive into a petrol station to buy & swig a small bottle of orange juice (poor planning on my part, didn’t take enough nutrition/water for the heat, sure it was autumn when I went out in the morning but summer returned for the afternoon!). I cannot fathom how she can have such massive breaks all the time?! For such short runs. Just. Run. Slower. Or walk even. Be realistic.

I don’t pause my watch on planned walking/jogging recoveries during run sessions, shock horror my average time takes a massive hit! Buuuuut no one cares 🤔
I hardly ever pause my watch, strava seems to be set to automatically recalculate moving vs. elapsed time for me (I'm sure you can change it but I've not bothered) but my garmin data is just as it comes and my average pace is lower there because any traffic stops are included in my running time, can't pause the clock in a race 🤷‍♀️ I ran my commute yesterday which included some busy road crossings and nearly 3 minutes between moving and elapsed time but I don't know how you'd do so much stopping on most runs, I try to plan mine to avoid roads I know I'll be waiting at for ages.

I usually pause my watch (its sort of automatic) at a long traffic light or whatever. I've definitely done some runs wiht elapsed time that's a lot longer, like if you bump into a friend or just feel shite, that's fine. The point is I guess that it doesn't really matter IF you don't then claim it as an effort, and more to the point if your race times justify what you claim. As always with Kelly, the actual effort she puts in (mileage and everythign) just massively massively outweighs what she gets out in race times. Whats she running now, 60 miles a week? And for that a 24 minute 5k?! I mean jeeez, give it a year and tits will be putting her on 100 mile weeks just to break 22.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Oh absolutely, I don't pause my watch for my stops because it just doesn't matter to me what times I'm running and equally I'm not trying to claim my easy runs are a much faster pace than they are, sometimes there's some discrepancy between elapsed and run time, sometimes there isn't but I'm not pretending to find faster paces comfortable and then posting a run where I've taken 10 breaks to get my breath back because I'm trying to push beyond my abilities and lying about it.

Also nervous about parkrun? I barely experience nerves at races because it's not like I'm going to win them, I certainly don't worry about parkrun.

Reactions: 6
I finally broke down and watched the vlog. What a pair of twats 😂😂 Notice him keep checking himself out in the camera to see how he looked? 🤣🤣 Nerves for parkrun. My god. Exactly opposite of what parkrun stands for. They get more delusional by the day. Go on with your 24 minute PB 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
So according to Tits's stories he left for London over 2 hours ago so is essentially AWOL for the whole day (assuming he's travelling back tonight) for the sake of 15mins of running....🤯🤯🤯🤯

• Wow
So according to Tits's stories he left for London over 2 hours ago so is essentially AWOL for the whole day (assuming he's travelling back tonight) for the sake of 15mins of running....🤯🤯🤯🤯
15 minutes and a few seconds… or do we think he’s going to roll the dice, go all in, and WANT IT enough to get sub 15?

Still laughing at getting nervous for parkrun and then throwing up halfway round a 24min 5k lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 10
HOLD UP! She threw up halfway for a 24 minute parkrun? JFC, that's not right. She is pushing her body way beyond what it's capable of.
I was just going to say the same thing, lack of oxygen will make you throw up so she's obviously pushing too hard and her body isn't capable of sustaining that pace.

That's what I thought too, he obviously just wants a day to himself, which would be fair enough if he reciprocated.

Reactions: 1
7A31C8FB-C570-4767-9783-B7C3F204096B.jpeg

Kells can’t take a day off. So there’s a sick child, Tits is having a day out and yet she still has to run.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
15 minutes and a few seconds… or do we think he’s going to roll the dice, go all in, and WANT IT enough to get sub 15?
I've just had a look at the start list for his race tonight and if he doesn't do it tonight, he never will. It's basically full of runners with SBs around the 14.50 mark or low 15 mins gunning for that sub 15. Absolutely perfect for getting pulled along and snatching that PB :rolleyes: 😒

I finally broke down and watched the vlog. What a pair of twats 😂😂 Notice him keep checking himself out in the camera to see how he looked? 🤣🤣 Nerves for parkrun. My god. Exactly opposite of what parkrun stands for. They get more delusional by the day. Go on with your 24 minute PB 😂😂😂😂
In fairness, I used to get nervous going to parkrun because I get nervous in new situations. I can also appreciate getting nervous when you don't race often, but she could easily do a time trial instead of parkrun. I really dislike these two nobs. They grind my gears.

God those poor kids :(
Yeah, but what a jerk is Tits? They've got sick kids and he's away all day to run a 5K? Their priorities are so effed up.

If he fails then he’ll claim the household sickness bug took it out of him and there being some delayed 5-minutes-before-racing vomiting.

If he fails then he’ll claim the household sickness bug took it out of him and there being some delayed 5-minutes-before-racing vomiting.
Or the hanging around all day.

In fact no, he’ll probably blame everything going on in London with the queen’s funeral because that’s the sort of pillock he is

So she did 6 miles on the treadmill earlier whilst her child was sick and then just did another almost 5 with the buggy. I can’t decide if this dumb arse is going to DNS or bonk spectacularly. I’m tempted to get a last minute ticket to Amsterdam to watch the tit show live.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.