thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #7 All in, smug grin, let’s manifest Boston by doing more colouring in

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
More racing? What is the point? Also oh my god they must spend a fortune on it (unless they're all gifted places) I can't imagine.

Reactions: 2
More racing? What is the point? Also oh my god they must spend a fortune on it (unless they're all gifted places) I can't imagine.
They have to use their government funding (benefits) on something. Why buy Harri some new clothing when that money could be spent on Tits entering a race and not hitting a goal? Priorities matter.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I didn't watch the stupid video but it makes me so angry that she's been like this about parkrun.

So much has gone into marketing parkrun as inclusive, no pressure, accessible for all and I hate the thought of new runners seeing a woman who runs 60 miles a week get this worked up about going.

Completely the wrong message to be putting out, especially when many of her followers may be middle aged mums, new runners, diabetics. People plucking up the courage to go to a parkrun for the first time and looking up YouTube videos first.

She's so selfish and ignorant.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Very quiet on the running front with a mere 7k logged by Kelly since Sunday. Injured, burnt out, or finally taking a deliberate actual down week?

Reactions: 3
Very quiet on the running front with a mere 7k logged by Kelly since Sunday. Injured, burnt out, or finally taking a deliberate actual down week?
I vote injured - she never stops, (well, she stops during her runs) and Tits won’t programme in a down week. Either that or hiding the bad runs?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I didn't watch the stupid video but it makes me so angry that she's been like this about parkrun.

So much has gone into marketing parkrun as inclusive, no pressure, accessible for all and I hate the thought of new runners seeing a woman who runs 60 miles a week get this worked up about going.

Completely the wrong message to be putting out, especially when many of her followers may be middle aged mums, new runners, diabetics. People plucking up the courage to go to a parkrun for the first time and looking up YouTube videos first.

She's so selfish and ignorant.
parkrun are doing “parkwalk” for October, which hopefully rebalances the message over this delusional pair

On a 90ish min run today I had my worst elapsed vs moving discrepancy in months 5-mins including some traffic stops (I ran around town and it was busy; if the wait for at lights is more than 10s I stop the watch) and an emergency dive into a petrol station to buy & swig a small bottle of orange juice (poor planning on my part, didn’t take enough nutrition/water for the heat, sure it was autumn when I went out in the morning but summer returned for the afternoon!). I cannot fathom how she can have such massive breaks all the time?! For such short runs. Just. Run. Slower. Or walk even. Be realistic.

I don’t pause my watch on planned walking/jogging recoveries during run sessions, shock horror my average time takes a massive hit! Buuuuut no one cares 🤔

Reactions: 6
I stopped and took sunset photos no less than 4 times on my 1 hour run tonight. Elapsed time? 90s extra. 14 minutes is insanity!

Just watched a few minutes of that video. Imagine sitting in your car talking absolute bollocks about the pressure at parkrun with your kid trying to get some shut eye. Then coach chimes in with "it's important for athletes that don't race that often to..." also translates as "it is good for normal people who run to...erm....run"

Maybe I missed something and correct me if wrong, but did they really go an entire summer holiday without taking the kids anywhere, yet finding a few days for the both of them to chip off to France?

Reactions: 13
Yes, that is correct. Kids went to bluestone for long weekend in May. Kelly and Matt were planning Rotterdam, both went to Kenya, France. Where else? I've lost track!
They are obv both off to Amsterdam in what I believe is first weekend of half term. Let's hope the kids are with their dads and getting to do something fun!
Edit - actually Amsterdam is the week before I thought so not half term. But still hope kids are doing something fun.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.