thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #5 The selfish life of the selfish sweaty floor lovers of moonboot condoms

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looking at Clara Evans page it must be. She's credited Kelly with a photo of her in Iten back in March so they must have been out there the same time. She's also local to Kelly as based in S Wales. I'd never heard of her but she comes across far more humble than Kelly but a much more successful runner.

Reactions: 2
Are we up to 9 days without rest now for Kelly?

Someone needs to intervene (Jemma is normally quite sensible wrt rest and recovery) and someone really needs to tell her she looks like an absolute tool doing that tongue out boomerang.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Kelly's doing all the miles and training yet not moving forward. Her progress is minimal at best. She's achieved very little in running terms really apart from plenty of DNS and DNf. Wonder what the next failed event is likely to be? All this gram activity is to try and keep current but with not actual goals ever bring met. The boomerang tongue out are so boring and just sums up how little she has to offer as an influencer. Time to hang up your free trainers and clean your house Kelly. 😉😀

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So Kelly is running a half this weekend and says she isn’t asking for any time etc and hasn’t set goals until she starts marathon training for autumn… so she actually isn’t training for anything but is running and biking all these miles! It’s madness. I don’t know what else to say

Reactions: 6
I am pretty sure she will have a goal time in mind - it’s just safer to say you don’t and then be so “surprised” when she does well or “it was just a fun run” if it goes badly.

Losing a child is absolutely awful and yet tagging that with the BQ dream leaves a bitter taste, like she’s using her dreadful experience to be gifted a Boston place (and free entire trip).

• Sad
Reactions: 16
What autumn marathon is she doing? Why has she been doing double days if not training for anything ?! It’s just junk on junk on junk

Losing a child is absolutely awful and yet tagging that with the BQ dream leaves a bitter taste, like she’s using her dreadful experience to be gifted a Boston place (and free entire trip).
This is what I don’t like, I too have lost a child and I wouldn’t tag my loss trying to get a place for a race.
Yes by all means use it as your inspiration, because I know I do.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She’s cutting it fine to start autumn marathon training, most programmes will start this week or next.
Absolutely hate that she’s making the BQ about her loss. Yes, it’s awful and grief lives with you forever. The milestones and anniversaries are terrible to live through. But the Boston Marathon has nothing to do with him or his life. Why is she so obsessed with Boston?
Bollocks is she doing Swansea this weekend just for fun, or to see what happens. Someone else posted and I agree, she has a time in mind but in case she (inevitably) bonks (due to over training and junk miles), she has a ready made excuse.

Reactions: 8
I guess she's having no rest or taper before this weekends half either? No doubt tomorrow will still be her double day Tuesday. Madness, as someone said earlier.
Yeah, no idea how it's going to escalate for actual training when she does more in off training periods than most would in training.
The tongue out boomerang. No words. Aren't these boomerangs really dated now, and we get one at least weekly from her 😆

Reactions: 5
I guess she's having no rest or taper before this weekends half either? No doubt tomorrow will still be her double day Tuesday. Madness, as someone said earlier.
Yeah, no idea how it's going to escalate for actual training when she does more in off training periods than most would in training.
The tongue out boomerang. No words. Aren't these boomerangs really dated now, and we get one at least weekly from her 😆
Definitely hasn’t rested, did a 75 km week the week before the half🥶.
My friend did a BQ this year and 65 km were her peak weeks about 3-4 weeks before the race. And for Kelly it’s not even some sort of race training.

Reactions: 3
Absolutely hate that she’s making the BQ about her loss. Yes, it’s awful and grief lives with you forever. The milestones and anniversaries are terrible to live through. But the Boston Marathon has nothing to do with him or his life. Why is she so obsessed with Boston?
Absolutely think this too. Unless you’re running it for a related charity, which would actually be a lovely thing to do, then I don’t see a point or a link.

Running is very simple
It’s about consistency
If you do the right things for a reasonable amount of time then you will get the results
Their problem is they dont
They are inconsistent - I imagine in his first year he did the right things
Since then he’s just jumped from once thing to another
He could do with picking one race 6months away and doing nothing but work towards it

Reactions: 9
Absolutely think this too. Unless you’re running it for a related charity, which would actually be a lovely thing to do, then I don’t see a point or a link.
Same. I get running for a charity, even all the time, but to randomly tag it onto your own goal is something else entirely.

I have a question.

Why is she jealous of beans on toast with cheese? That is a yummy, nutritious supper that would be perfect for her (even if she is doing her GF thing, it would be fine).

She surely cannot be implying she isn’t allowing herself food like that because #training #raceweek because we have all seen her go on numerous cake dates and Greggs runs for weeks.

Bonkers. Absolutely bonkers.

Reactions: 6
I have a question.

Why is she jealous of beans on toast with cheese? That is a yummy, nutritious supper that would be perfect for her (even if she is doing her GF thing, it would be fine).

She surely cannot be implying she isn’t allowing herself food like that because #training #raceweek because we have all seen her go on numerous cake dates and Greggs runs for weeks.

Bonkers. Absolutely bonkers.
I really think they are on a bizarre binge/restrict cycle and she won’t have normal meals so she can binge in crap.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.