thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #5 The selfish life of the selfish sweaty floor lovers of moonboot condoms

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched the YouTube vid, really dull, don't bother.
Made me laugh though that it looked like he'd had to sleep on the sofa ahead of his early start to drive across the country for a 10k.
He has been making a point of not disclosing the nature of his injury which I take to mean he had a stress fracture.

Reactions: 7
I watched the YouTube vid, really dull, don't bother.
Made me laugh though that it looked like he'd had to sleep on the sofa ahead of his early start to drive across the country for a 10k.
He has been making a point of not disclosing the nature of his injury which I take to mean he had a stress fracture.
I tried 30 seconds but his voice is incredibly irritating, so it got canned. And speaking from experience, the best way to come back from a stress fracture is definitely to do a hard mile and attempt a 5k within a matter of weeks. Just great to see a “coach” setting such a good example.

Reactions: 10
I watched it this morning and I think he’s an even bigger prick! One thing my husband picked up on and I didn’t, was that he looked like he had a camera and tripod setup on part of the track to capture him running around each lap for his content. I’d assume that there were signs up and they had permission from notifying people that they would be on film for some two bob youtuber? We also watched that Fordy Run div and he does the same with his 19ft selfie stick up in the air and lot of family and runners about who might not be interested in being filmed. So I’m curious if runthrough notify their runnners about this kind of filming?

Reactions: 3
RunThrough have to be in on it as they paid him to make the ad. I watched it and assumed they had a member of staff/volunteer filming him but tripod sounds more likely.

Reactions: 2
Can someone explain to me why he’s running SO much for a sub 15 min 5k? In the last 3 days he’s done almost 40 miles!
Also also also. Why is sub 15 such a thing when an iron man is just around the corner?
The guy needs to sort his priorities.

Reactions: 9
Can someone explain to me why he’s running SO much for a sub 15 min 5k? In the last 3 days he’s done almost 40 miles!
Also also also. Why is sub 15 such a thing when an iron man is just around the corner?
Because he makes the rules and knows best, how dare you question him. You’re nothing more than a naysayer 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think they are both addicted to high volume running, but with the goal for Strava, the Gram and You Tube. It wholly reflects that they have absolutely nothing else going on in their lives. Weekends and even short breaks away with kids end up with this need to be validated on social media. It’s actually incredibly sad and the kids will most likely end up needing therapy as a result of being brought up in a household of emotionally unavailable parents (much the same as kids of drug/alcohol dependent parents).

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m still curious about the filming and if he had permission to set tripods ups. Pretty sure that they would need to put signage up making others aware that it’s filmed! The reason I say this is because isn’t the runthrough velodrome one where they encourage and run kids races too? So that would surely need consideration

I started watching (with captions on as I also can't stand his voice) but couldn't bare his smug face talking himself up to the camera. I was going to scroll to the end to see what his weeks training had been but when I saw the bit where poor Harri had to endure two buggy runs in one day I gave up (it was the day Kelly travelled so guess Titts had to still run so took the buggy then went again with the buggy when she got back and HAD to run).
Anyway, did his training include any strength work or just high volume of running with a bit of gross kitchen sweaty bike thrown in?
Also, why is Kelly doing double Tuesdays? She said in her May round up she's come to love the a.m run (her fast session) then bike in the p.m. This seems odd for someone who ostensibly isn't training for anything at the moment so would be having down time in their running. Obviously she may have something booked in secret but since your working life relies on "content" not sure why you wouldn't say?!

Reactions: 7
I think the obsession with high volume is because they both have an awful relationship with food. Kelly feels the need to brag about only eating tit and Matt has definitely posted before about binging on sugary food. So they probably feel they need the high volume to offset the calories but the high volume can lead to insatiable hunger.

• Heart
Because short intense “sessions” don’t make you look as hardcore as biking and running 100000miles a week.

Exercise addiction comes to mind.

Reactions: 6
They have both deluded themselves to ignore the detrimental impacts of overtraining, and also ignore the role of rest in recovery, adaptation and improvement. The same reason why Kelly hasn't had a rest day in 8 days. They attribute all their tiny gains over many years purely to ridiculously high volume while conveniently refusing to accept causality when it comes to repeated poor performance, very hit and miss progress and frequent injury. It's ideological and may be rooted as others have said, in a combination of exercise addiction, disordered eating/body dysmorphia, escapism from the reality of their home life, identity crisis and (lack of) stable careers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
If injury doesn’t make you learn your lesson when it comes to overtraining then I don’t know what will 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think escapism was quite the nail on the head. Their relationship sucks. Their kids and family life is stressful. Escape from cleaning the house. Dealing with real life issues. They use running and exercise as an excuse to not deal with real life. Imagine the hours they spend everyday on running, getting ready to run and cleaning up after, biking, vlogging, posting, replying to comments, making content..... Addicted to the z list life

Reactions: 8
Do you think there's even a tiny part of Kelly's brain that questions whether her coach knows what he's talking about!? I mean, the effort she puts in, the mileage, the double days.. she MUST know that people who run similar mileage usually run much faster than her. Or if she looks at people who get the BQ she bangs on about and looks at their training and thinks, hang on.... they don't do half of what I do...

Reactions: 5
Maybe it's because she has a lot of time on her hands so Welshie throws in so many double days etc. I follow one of the people he coaches who works a day job and there's hardly any double days, a lack of S&C or anything too wild. That said, this person isn't a quick runner so they are probably using a basic copy and paste plan from Matt.

If she's training for the above reasons (exercise addiction, escapism, disordered eating), then he's not her coach, he's her enabler.
They're both as bad as each other. So toxic.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.