Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Long time watcher, first time poster!
There was a horse that ran at Ascot yesterday called Rolling the dice, it was 200/1 and came nowhere…I had to check that the jockey wasn’t called Matt Rees

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

irunforfun

VIP Member
I’ve tried to stay quiet but on this I can’t. It is my personal opinion and one people on here don’t all share.
I really disagree with commenting about peoples weight or shape. Or that losing weight equates to being faster. But most importantly, not commenting on peoples weight. Or talking about “puppy fat.” It may be hypocritical as I do comment on things they do but this is where my bottom line is and I couldn’t just not comment as I am pretty sure there are people on here who will have their own struggles around food, weight and exercise. But, why the **** do we need to body shame or ever comment on someone’s weight? If someone loses weight and gets “praised”, how would that feel if they’d lost weight because they had gone through a bereavement or couldn’t afford to eat or had something like cancer? End of rant.

edit: big virtual hugs being given out to @Into_the_tunnel and anyone else who might need one ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
I’m really sorry but being a psychology person, drawing “Boston” in blue coloured pencil is categorically NOT going to make you get your BQ.
47E9FAF0-EF23-45BC-9923-74C2E7EF7C3D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Justwanttochat80

VIP Member
Does she actually plan to run these races? Because every single one is weeks and days of buildup. Stories. Talking stories. Hotels and drives. Forcing kids in the car. Going all in. Trust the process. Sessions. Roll the dice. You lovely lot. Brick. Float. Tempo. Threshold. Lactate. All these terms and phrases and non stop bullshit up until 8 hours before a race and then DNS.

How can anyone take these twats seriously???

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
I think I feel differently about the two of them to be honest.

With her, I think she may have reached her potential and no matter how much training she does she isn’t going to improve. She represents the vast majority of us. I think it is harsh to say that just because she has a lot of time she could get better times- there will be a limit to what she can achieve. There may be an odd pb on a good day with a good course but other than that I think she is in cloud cuckoo land if she thinks her running career is a gradual, overall, upward trajectory.

With him, he is a different kettle of fish so to speak. He is obviously a very talented runner and although he will have a cap, I think he is limiting that by his arrogance surrounding his training. He could easily get below 15 and 2.20 if he rested, cross-trained and ate well. He could do so well but the last 5 years have been essentially wasted by him thinking he knows best.

Just my thoughts. I may be wrong. I thought I knew best once. Didn’t end well.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

runderpants

Can the next thread please contain a poll for the 70.3.
Also, new thread title suggestions:

- Can’t edit, Won’t edit - The Kelly edition
- WANT IT!!! Or don’t. And just DNS like us.
- Smug smiles, sped up reels and don’t forget Harri on 4 wheels.
- If you didn’t run 60 miles this week are you even a runner?
- Lycra, Wetsuits, trainers and swim caps - a Saturday night in with Tits and Kelly.
- Strength training? What strength training? The road to injuryville.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Runaway

Thought I'd scroll through some of Kelly's followers and there are a suspicious amount of followers who are private, have very low/no posts, very low followed by count and extremely high (3000+) following count which are pretty much the type of accounts used when influencers buy followers.

What a sad little life, Kelly.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Runhappy

I think Kelly might be in for a world record of the amount of hours training to run a 4+ hour marathon. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

instaclowns

VIP Member
She hasn't posted or put up a story the last two days, but has gained that many followers?? Haha busted Kelly #paidfollowers

What an absolute sad life they lead.

From those numbers, she bought the 2500 followers over 30 days package 🤡🤡
Haha all I can think of seeing this is the scene I’m from come dine with me where the guy goes off at the winner ”oooh what a sad little life you lead” 🤣 (this’ll be tumble weed if people don’t get my reference!)

Listen, all I wanna know is did they go all in or all out? Did they get a race refund to buy these followers? Have they been kidknapped by Fudgie or the Forest of Dean runner, have they split up and had a blazing row over doughnuts on the sweaty floor?!

Who the actual fuck knows, but I hate the suspense! I DID NOT INVEST IN THESE THREADS TO BE OUT OF THE LOOP

• Haha

runderpants

Right, who guessed it? 6 miles easy today.

We should also do a race day bingo. For the following words on a Wellogs story do a shot:

- Morning you lovely lot
- The conditions aren’t great
- It’s windy
- It’s warm
- I didn’t sleep well
- My stomach isn’t great
- WANT IT
- DNS (extra points, 3 shots in a row)
- Costa
- donuts for the win
- Greggs
- Go pro
- I’m just going to have fun and enjoy it
- It’s all about the journey
- Roll the dice
- I’m/She’s in PB shape
- It’s good to race on tired legs

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

flyscraper

A 52min 10k, sorry with all the ‘training’ she’s doing why is she not any quicker?
Over training, and lack of quality running. Not to mention all the donuts
THIS. THIS is what I don't get. She's running 85km weeks and can only run a 52 minute 10k?? That's just... terrible.

To be clear: 52 minutes is not a terrible time, it's just a terrible time if you are doing that much training. That indicates something is very very wrong with your training. To put in all those hours and only get that out...

muffinheeler

That video of him screaming is something else. Definitely wouldn’t want to be the other side of an argument with that!
If he shouted at me like that during a race I would 100% stop, take my shoes off and throw them at him. Hard. Who the fuck does he think he is?!

• Haha
  • Heart