thewelshrunner & kellogs_ontherun #5 The selfish life of the selfish sweaty floor lovers of moonboot condoms

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a horrid time for a race start! No thanks!
The Silverstone Half used to start at 12 when it was held in March (put on by London marathon events I think before they started the Big Half) and it was a horrible time to start, made fuelling so tricky. Definitely not a fan of a later start 🙅🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I recognised someone just in front of Kelly in the starting pen, she runs at sub 90min half so I reckon Kelly's too far forward and will have gone out too quick.

Reactions: 3
Cue “I loved this, wanted an easy run, heavy training week ahead”.

More easy miles tomorrow no doubt that will be run faster than today’s.

They are both asking for injuries.

Reactions: 8
GPS gave her a 3:44 mile in there and PBs all distances up to 15k. Wonder if she'll keep the strava!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It's not a PB course as it's quite hilly and her HR suggests it was a training run. Looks like a solid effort to me.

Reactions: 1
Terrible result for someone who's been training for a BQ for the last 18 months with 50 mile weeks consistently. Hilly course or not she should easy be capable of running 1.50 if she's anywhere near BQ . What has the last 18 months been for ?!

Reactions: 6
I wasn't having a dig at her time, I just wondered what her pb was to try gauge if this was easy run she said it would be

Reactions: 2
Terrible result for someone who's been training for a BQ for the last 18 months with 50 mile weeks consistently. Hilly course or not she should easy be capable of running 1.50 if she's anywhere near BQ . What has the last 18 months been for ?!
I agree, with the amount she runs / trains an easy run should be much easier (faster) than this especially with the BQ goal.

My east HM time would be this on hills and I am nowhere near running a BQ ever.

Reactions: 4
Yeah it's not a BQ level steady/easy run, but I think even she has acknowledged she's not BQ ready right now. I think she needs to focus on breaking 4 first, which is a bit more realistic

Why is she on a train when they drove there?

You would expect to see more progress but she’s over training it’s quantity not quality. Idiots like this don’t understand the science and what actually happens to your body on rest days!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.